6 posters
AuthorMessage
jigs
jigs

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-01-22

what is a typical day Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is a typical day   what is a typical day EmptyTue 27 Jan 2009, 11:02 pm

Thanks Bella for the tip i'm off to have a look now. March will come around so quickly for you.
Back to top Go down
Bella ..... xo
Sponsor

Female
Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: what is a typical day   what is a typical day EmptyTue 27 Jan 2009, 11:53 am

Hiya Jigs,

I'm not sleeved yet - that's happening on the 11th March .....

Just thought I'd mention that in the Post-op section there is a thread called 'what did you eat yesterday'....which i have found quite handy in helping me plan ahead. ......might give you some ideas at where people are at, and whats working for others.

Lastchancelil - thanks for the link ! You are truly going great guns girl !!

Hugs and best wishes
Bella :))
Back to top Go down
jigs
jigs

Female

PostSubject: Re: what is a typical day   what is a typical day EmptyTue 27 Jan 2009, 8:52 am

Thank you all, everyone is so helpful and it gives this newbie not only help but also loads of inspiration when i read about everyones journeys.
Back to top Go down
Jillybean
Part of the furniture
Jillybean

Female
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: what is a typical day   what is a typical day EmptyTue 27 Jan 2009, 8:39 am

Hi Jigs
3 mths sleeved on the 5th February.

My typical day is:
1 egg on toast with crusts cut off.

A piece of Fruit about mid morning

Lunch 2 cruskits with ham or chicken tomato and cottage cheese(if I have a takeaway I usually go for the subway chicken terayaki wrap)

Another piece of fruit

For dinner meat. vege and sometimes potato approx 1 cup on a bread and butter plate)

Then drink approx 1 litre water, 1 x coffee and 1 diet zero.

I know I dont drink enough - trying to increase it. Also have to increase the exercise what is a typical day 369315

Cheers Jilly
Back to top Go down
lastchancelil
lastchancelil

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: what is a typical day   what is a typical day EmptyTue 27 Jan 2009, 7:36 am

I'm 15 months sleeved now, and a typical day of food is:
*Cup of cereal with skim milk, multivitamins etc with water
*Piece of fruit or vegies with hommus
*Skim milk coffee
*Lunch is either a wholemeal pitta bread pizza (with lowfat ricotta no cheddar), or nachos, or a meat and salad sandwich (I can eat almost a full 6 inch subway now Fadding - woohoo!!)
*Arvo is fruit or celery/carrots with dip or a couple of pieces of sliced meat rolled up with Bega superslim cheese slices
*Dinner is anything from pasta to chicken and rice to steak and salad. I use a bread and butter plate or my lapband plate I got from www.greatideas.net.au and the plates is usually full and I eat it all. Usually dinner is about 100g (uncooked weight) of protein and 350 calories. I am aiming for 1200 calories a day, 50-70g of protein.
*In the evening I will sometimes have a diet mousse or lowfat muffin, a glass of diet coke or some other kind of "treat".
* I aim for 30-60 mins of exercise a day and aim for 2 litres of water or weak cordial. And I can gulp or "skull" water now, hooray! Like Fadding Away, I missed the large swallows of liquid but after about 6 months I was fine to take in larger amounts of liquid at a time.

I am still 118kg, so I think I need more calories than some other banders or sleevers. I don't worry too much about the numbers, but am *trying* to make high quality food choices and stay away from junk. Hope this info helps the newbies and to-bes!!

Last edited by lastchancelil on Wed 28 Jan 2009, 9:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastchancelil.blogspot.com
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: what is a typical day   what is a typical day EmptyMon 26 Jan 2009, 9:34 pm

A Typical day for me is intake wise
large glass of water taking my vitamins ,I do take lots , takes about 3/4 hour to drink and take em.
then cuppa of milo only in hot water about 1/4 teaspoon sugar
just less than 1/4 cup Muesli with full cream milk to cover it
I have 3 bottles of water in fridge that I try to get throu during the day so start to sip on them
lunch depends where I am of cause if in town I have a subway eat 1/4 foot long depends on whats on it of cause and hubby gets the rest
still sipping water
dinner vegies ,meat ,gravey that fits on a saucer I try to get it all in sometimes I can.lol
some nights a wine or two ups the calorie intake .lol
cuppa hot milo before bed
if any one told me prior to having op that this is what /all I'd eat during day I would have just died with the thought
I am now never hungry I do get thirsty so sip sip sip , I do miss gulping water so i don't ever feel satisfied when i sip
oh well the price I pay
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: what is a typical day   what is a typical day EmptyMon 26 Jan 2009, 9:33 pm

A Typical day for me is intake wise
large glass of water taking my vitamins ,I do take lots , takes about 3/4 hour to drink and take em.
then cuppa of milo only in hot water about 1/4 teaspoon sugar
just less than 1/4 cup Muesli with full cream milk to cover it
I have 3 bottles of water in fridge that I try to get throu during the day so start to sip on them
lunch depends where I am of cause if in town I have a subway eat 1/4 foot long depends on whats on it of cause and hubby gets the rest
still sipping water
dinner vegies ,meat ,gravey that fits on a saucer I try to get it all in sometimes I can.lol
some nights a wine or two ups the calorie intake .lol
cuppa hot milo before bed
if any one told me prior to having op that this is what /all I'd eat during day I would have just died with the thought
I am now never hungry I do get thirsty so sip sip sip , I do miss gulping water so i don't ever feel satisfied when i sip
oh well the price I pay
Back to top Go down
TheCloudPainter
Part of the furniture
TheCloudPainter

Female
Number of posts : 770
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: what is a typical day   what is a typical day EmptyMon 26 Jan 2009, 8:44 pm

Hey Jigs...
I was sleeved on Jan 13th, so I'm just 2 days ahead of you.
I'm a little all over the place with things to eat or drink, but always come back to Japanese Miso soup with my protein powder, juices & ready made Jello/pudding cups.
I've just started to dabble in mushy foods (and with my new mini-CuisinArt, I can mush anything!)...
I don't drink as much water as recommended, but still aim for a litre/day.
I'm still not lifting much, would hate to pop a hernia or something.
I've also stopped weighing myself everyday - I think with me, that'd be counterproductive.
I think that once weekly will do me just fine.

Good luck & take care!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thecloudpainter
jigs
jigs

Female

PostSubject: what is a typical day   what is a typical day EmptyMon 26 Jan 2009, 9:49 am

thank you for your warm welcomes, i'm now 11 days sleeved and feeling so good. No aches or pains just looking forward to my journey with my tiny tummy lol. I do have just one question though would some of you wonderful people who have been sleeved a while tell me what would be a typical food day for you. I see my dietician Nikki Cummings on Friday, but would love to know what to expect. thank you so much and happy Australia Day to you all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what is a typical day   what is a typical day Empty

Back to top Go down

what is a typical day
Page 1 of 1