5 posters
AuthorMessage
smallsquirrel
smallsquirrel

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2012-01-24

getting the sleeve with young children Empty
PostSubject: Re: getting the sleeve with young children   getting the sleeve with young children EmptySun 11 Mar 2012, 5:17 am

Hi Danstar,
I had my op on Thursday, home yesterday (Sat).
My kids are 6,4 and 7 months.
The big kids have been fine, they understand that Mummy has an ouchie tummy. I have been picking up the baby ok, sitting on the floor with him, having him on my lap for bottles. Hurts a bit to lean in to the cot to give him a kiss. My husband is home with me all this week, so I think I will be fine.

I think if you have help at home for a week or so, you should be fine!

Good luck.
SS
Back to top Go down
mrspotatohead

Female
Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2012-01-12

PostSubject: Re: getting the sleeve with young children   getting the sleeve with young children EmptySun 11 Mar 2012, 4:57 am

Thanks Danstar.

Yes i am breastfeeding. However as much as i dont want to stop i also dont want to put too much presure on myself. So i will take the pump to hospital pump and just dump to keep my supply up and hopefully husband can bring baby in 2-3 times a day for feed. He is on solids and happy to take formular so if that all works great, if not then i will go to formular and fingers crossed not beat myself up about it :)

Will let you know how i go.
Back to top Go down
danstar
Part of the furniture
danstar

Female
Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: getting the sleeve with young children   getting the sleeve with young children EmptySun 11 Mar 2012, 3:47 am

Good luck....if I'm successful in findings funds soon my youngest will be 7 months + look fowatd to what you have to say.are you breastfeeding?
Back to top Go down
mrspotatohead

Female
Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2012-01-12

PostSubject: Re: getting the sleeve with young children   getting the sleeve with young children EmptySun 11 Mar 2012, 3:35 am

Will let you know next week. I am getting op on wed. I have a 7month old and 3 year old and husband who will not be around much as we have our own business.
Back to top Go down
danstar
Part of the furniture
danstar

Female

PostSubject: Re: getting the sleeve with young children   getting the sleeve with young children EmptySun 11 Mar 2012, 3:20 am

Great advice.Wow you have done so well.congrats!
I so want this for my little family..be able to run and be physically active with them.
Do you think it would be ok to breastfeed?
Back to top Go down
D'Girlz
Top Poster
Top Poster
D'Girlz

Female
Number of posts : 1749
Registration date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: getting the sleeve with young children   getting the sleeve with young children EmptySun 11 Mar 2012, 2:12 am

Hi,
I had my surgery on Feb 15th 2011 - just over 1 year ago. I have 3 daughters who at the time were 7, 3 and 2. It was a struggle - but you will need help for at least the 1 week home. If you can book them into day care or if partner can take time off - will be better for you. You get very tired and sore at incision sites if you push too hard - believe me I did. I thought I would be ok - but I had to ask for help. Dont be a martyr - ask for help. You can do it with little kids - just takes planning.
It will be the best thing you do for your kids - 1 year down the track and my kids have a mum who can play with them and takes them to the park etc. They dont even remember me being in hospital or recovering at home. They do remember me having a big sore tummy though! Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
sarahbunny21

Female
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-02-13

PostSubject: Re: getting the sleeve with young children   getting the sleeve with young children EmptySun 11 Mar 2012, 1:39 am

i would also like to know. I have a 5 year old in prep, and currently a 8 month old baby. Although i wont be doing the surgery until feb next year it would be intresting to know how others coped. Husband is telling me he will only take 1 week off work -.- geez!
Back to top Go down
danstar
Part of the furniture
danstar

Female

PostSubject: getting the sleeve with young children   getting the sleeve with young children EmptySun 11 Mar 2012, 12:35 am

hiyall....so many questions. heres another.

can anybody relay their experience and give advice on whether i am being unrealistic at looking to get the sleeve surgery with an infant under 1 ?
i also hae 3.5year old

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: getting the sleeve with young children   getting the sleeve with young children Empty

Back to top Go down

getting the sleeve with young children
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: The Surgeons-
Jump to: