3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bella ..... xo
Sponsor

Female
Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Newbie From Victoria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie From Victoria   Newbie From Victoria EmptySat 24 Jan 2009, 2:58 am

Hey Bruce,

Thats a fabulous weightloss so far - I bet walking around without the equivalent of 2 X 5kg of Potting Mix, 5 X 2kg bags of Oranges or 10 X 1kg packets of sugar feels great........lol

Yeah asking always wins over stewing & I am sure the reason behind the 2nd lot of blood tests is a simple and innocent one.

Yay...........11th March for me & believe it or not i feel soooo calm & relaxed about it except for a little feeling of
"I'm walkin on sunshine woah, woah
And dont it feel good .......hey...all right now
And dont it feel good .....yeah.....oh yeah... and dont it feel good
walkin on sunshine.....walkin on sushine"

You're doing great !

Cheers
Bella :))
Back to top Go down
marlooo

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Newbie From Victoria   Newbie From Victoria EmptySat 24 Jan 2009, 1:49 am

3 weeks on the Opti-Fast and I have lost a little over 10Kg still have a long way to go though, and my surgery is coming up fast!!
Back to top Go down
marlooo

Male

PostSubject: Re: Newbie From Victoria   Newbie From Victoria EmptyWed 21 Jan 2009, 9:52 pm

Hey Bella, well it sure is a small world!! I'm not sure about the tests, but I think I will just go and ask instead of sitting back stewing and wondering.

Best Of luck for your consult, hope you get to come home with an appointment date so you can start your prep.

Talk Later

Bruce A.
Back to top Go down
Bella ..... xo
Sponsor

Female

PostSubject: Re: Newbie From Victoria   Newbie From Victoria EmptyWed 21 Jan 2009, 4:47 pm

Hey back Bruce,

I used to live in Geelong ! I did my first year of Uni at Deakin and i also lived in both Barwon Heads and Torquay....even did a short stint in a dorm at the nurses hostel across the road from the hospital.

I cant give you any clues about the blood tests sorry......mine were done back in November and i cant remember what they were for......i think my brain was in an overwhelmed state back then....."am i really doing this ?"....but i have mostly worked through that stuff now and am ready for my surgeons consult tomorrow and hope to come home with a date. Hopefully he will go through my blood test results with me tomorrow.

The waiting for surgery i think is the hardest part once you have made the decision to go ahead with it.

You will be fine.

Hugs
Back to top Go down
marlooo

Male

PostSubject: Re: Newbie From Victoria   Newbie From Victoria EmptyWed 21 Jan 2009, 2:50 pm

Thanks for the welcome!! You might be right about the slip regarding Opti-Fast (its not to bad though Newbie From Victoria 64827 ).

I live in Geelong, I have already had a complete set of blood tests done and now I'm told I have to have another lot of tests done no later then two days prior to surgery??? not sure what thats about..... but I guess I will find out soon enough Newbie From Victoria 81722
Back to top Go down
Bella ..... xo
Sponsor

Female

PostSubject: Re: Newbie From Victoria   Newbie From Victoria EmptyWed 21 Jan 2009, 12:14 pm

Hi there Bruce

and a big welcome to the forum, so glad you found us.

Whereabouts in Victoria are you ?

It must be encouraging to hear from others that your weightloss journey has really and truly begun to be noticeable !

Smiles
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Newbie From Victoria   Newbie From Victoria EmptyWed 21 Jan 2009, 12:05 pm

Hi Bruce,

Welcome to the forum.
Had to giggle- was that a Freudian slip about managing to sick with the Optifast?
Good for you for sticking with it so long and good luck with the upcoming surgery.
Back to top Go down
marlooo

Male

PostSubject: Newbie From Victoria   Newbie From Victoria EmptyWed 21 Jan 2009, 10:04 am

Hello All,
I'm currently waiting for surgery (due to be done 12th Feb) and I have to admit that I'm starting to get more then a little nervous as it creeps closer!!
I made the decision to start the Opti-Fast on January 1st and have managed to sick with it, I want to be in the best possible condition (health) prior to surgery but have not weighed in since my last appointment with the surgeon in early December. So although friends and family have commented on my weight loss?? I cant say that I have noticed anything to dramatic myself.
Its been very encouraging to read some of the other posts, and I hope to be a semi regular in the future...

Rgds Bruce A.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie From Victoria   Newbie From Victoria Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie From Victoria
Page 1 of 1