Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forever plan meals and watch what I'm eating?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

Forever plan meals and watch what I'm eating? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forever plan meals and watch what I'm eating?   Forever plan meals and watch what I'm eating? EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 10:28 pm

I am lucky that my surgeon and dietician don't believe in counting calories, fat, protein or anything else. From day 1 I have not counted anything. I have made a conscious decision to eat healthy and make the most of my window of opportunity to lose as much weight as I can. Of course I look for higher protein foods and choose these over everything else but I don't keep track of anything.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Forever plan meals and watch what I'm eating?   Forever plan meals and watch what I'm eating? EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 7:00 pm

I am over 2 years out and I no longer count, weigh or write down anything.

With time you learn and I know that I am getting my protein in without even thinking about it.

The majority of the time I make good food choices and this keeps my weight stable. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy treats, drink wine, etc I do. Life becomes very normal.
Back to top Go down
Gretchen
Part of the furniture
Gretchen

Female
Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2011-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Forever plan meals and watch what I'm eating?   Forever plan meals and watch what I'm eating? EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 11:27 am

Hey Spirited! =]
I'm 3 months post op and I know I probably should be but I'm not really worrying about counting protein and meal plans and all that... I mean sure when I pick a meal I'll go for somthing that would have a higher protein quantity but I'm not going out of my way to make sure I get in as much as I can... I'm basically eating how I use to (not having meal plans) just without all the bad food =]
Good luck!!
Gretchen.
Back to top Go down
spirited
spirited

Female
Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2012-02-03

PostSubject: Forever plan meals and watch what I'm eating?   Forever plan meals and watch what I'm eating? EmptyTue 06 Mar 2012, 10:44 am

Will I have to Forever watch what I'm eating? I mean plan meals and count protein and write it down?
Doesn't the sleeve give you a life not bound by food? I'm concerned I'll forever be counting and planning food??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forever plan meals and watch what I'm eating?   Forever plan meals and watch what I'm eating? Empty

Back to top Go down

Forever plan meals and watch what I'm eating?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: