Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Taking Necessary Tablets Post Op Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Necessary Tablets Post Op   Taking Necessary Tablets Post Op EmptySat 03 Mar 2012, 8:46 pm

While in hospital I was given everything IV.

Once home I was able to swallow my meds whole with no probs, including Panadol.
Back to top Go down
suzyhomemaker
suzyhomemaker

Female
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2011-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Taking Necessary Tablets Post Op   Taking Necessary Tablets Post Op EmptySat 03 Mar 2012, 10:42 am

Hi there,

I was sleeved at about 11am in the morning and had to take my BCP, and ADs (Effexor - NOT small) that night. I got them down with some micro small sips.
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Taking Necessary Tablets Post Op   Taking Necessary Tablets Post Op EmptyFri 02 Mar 2012, 1:47 am

Get a tablet cutter from chemist they are only a few dollars,that helped me as one of my meds are big tablets.
Back to top Go down
hubba
hubba

Male
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2012-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Taking Necessary Tablets Post Op   Taking Necessary Tablets Post Op EmptyThu 01 Mar 2012, 10:14 am

I was given panadol capsules, by the nurses,two days after my op. I swallowed then with a few small sips of water.

When I arrived home I had normal panadol a few times and just swallowed them with a little water.

I did not have any issues or reactions.
Back to top Go down
jessied
Part of the furniture
jessied

Female
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2011-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Taking Necessary Tablets Post Op   Taking Necessary Tablets Post Op EmptyThu 01 Mar 2012, 10:00 am

you can get a script for nexium granules which mix with water but it can be also injected into the drip which is much easier.
Back to top Go down
z1gg1e79
Part of the furniture
z1gg1e79

Female
Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2011-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Taking Necessary Tablets Post Op   Taking Necessary Tablets Post Op EmptyThu 01 Mar 2012, 6:33 am

Hi,

See if there is a liquid form of the tablet your taking. I just went to see the doc and got a script for the liquid version of medication I take. Maybe, ask your chemist first, as this may be the easiest step, to seeing if there is a liquid substitute. Also, they may not have it in stock but can order it in for you. They are usually the name brand name not generic version. Definately don't just stop your meds esp the zoloft.

For the ones that are not liquid, they usually crush them and put them in custard or yoghurt. Tastes awful, best to get the liquid a ml or two in a glass is better tasting that metallic tasting custard!

I hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
CherryRipe
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2012-02-08

PostSubject: Taking Necessary Tablets Post Op   Taking Necessary Tablets Post Op EmptyThu 01 Mar 2012, 5:33 am

Hi
Can someone please tell me how we are supposed to take our meds if they are in tablet form?
I know with some you can't grind them up (Nexium). I'm on Zoloft and HAVE to take them every day or my head goes dizzy (so much for not being physiologically addictive grrrr). Just wondering how I'm meant to get them down the day after the op?
Cheers
C
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taking Necessary Tablets Post Op   Taking Necessary Tablets Post Op Empty

Back to top Go down

Taking Necessary Tablets Post Op
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: