Newbie from QLD!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sarahbunny21

Female
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-02-13

Newbie from QLD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from QLD!   Newbie from QLD! EmptyTue 28 Feb 2012, 4:21 am

Hey wow! someone with hashimotos!! Ive only been diagnosed a few months ago after the birth of my 2nd son. Its been a huge struggle with all the syptoms. I'm actually on 300mg of oroxine now because my blood levels havent changed!

Have you already had a inital appointment with Justin Greenslade? if so how did you find him? My first appointment is on monday, to even see if i can have the surgery with my hashimoto's. I guess its not a problem if your having surgery then! July isnt too far away you must be so excited, i still have 11 months to go! I'm willing to wait, i have been a big girl for as long as i can remember.....

Good luck i would love to stay in contact with you and see how you go on your travels!

Carlsa wrote:
Hi Sarahbunny!

Your story sounds alot like me except I'm 31 and have had hashimoto's for 11 years. I eat minimal food but of course the weight still piles on..and 3 hours of exercise a day to keep the weight off doesn't really make me feel that enthusiastic.

I am booked in for surgery with Dr Greenslade in July 2012 so I will keep in touch to let you know how everything goes.

I have never had surgery so I'm a bit nervous about it but really really excited about the overall result. I would have surgery tomorrow if I could but waiting for my phi to kick in on July. Only 150 days till surgery..yes I am counting down.

By reading all the posts by fellow sleevers you have definately made the right decision for you and your family.
Back to top Go down
Carlsa
Carlsa

Female
Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Newbie from QLD! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome!   Newbie from QLD! EmptyMon 27 Feb 2012, 2:30 pm

Hi Sarahbunny!

Your story sounds alot like me except I'm 31 and have had hashimoto's for 11 years. I eat minimal food but of course the weight still piles on..and 3 hours of exercise a day to keep the weight off doesn't really make me feel that enthusiastic.

I am booked in for surgery with Dr Greenslade in July 2012 so I will keep in touch to let you know how everything goes.

I have never had surgery so I'm a bit nervous about it but really really excited about the overall result. I would have surgery tomorrow if I could but waiting for my phi to kick in on July. Only 150 days till surgery..yes I am counting down.

By reading all the posts by fellow sleevers you have definately made the right decision for you and your family.
Back to top Go down
sarahbunny21

Female

Newbie from QLD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from QLD!   Newbie from QLD! EmptySat 25 Feb 2012, 10:11 am

thank-you to the lovely ladies who took the time to read/respond! :) Its a long time to go for me yet..but still very excited/anxious.

Not long now until i have my first appt with my surgeon, hopefully all sails through easy!
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

Newbie from QLD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from QLD!   Newbie from QLD! EmptySat 25 Feb 2012, 8:21 am

Welcome to the forum. BEST decision I ever made, you will not regret it! The majority sail through the surgery with minor discomfort. But in the end, it is worth it.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Newbie from QLD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from QLD!   Newbie from QLD! EmptyMon 20 Feb 2012, 7:51 pm

Hi Sarahbunny

Welcome to the forum. Wishing you all the best with your surgery and journey.

I love my sleeve, and like Kate best thing I have ever done for myself. I am now happy and healthy.

Newbie from QLD! 217555 Newbie from QLD! 217555
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

Newbie from QLD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from QLD!   Newbie from QLD! EmptyMon 20 Feb 2012, 1:03 pm

Hi Sarahbunny21 and welcome to the forum. This site helped me make my big decision as well. Best thing I ever did and I don't regret it for one second. Good luck with your doctors appointment and keep us posted of your progress.

Kate
Back to top Go down
sarahbunny21

Female

Newbie from QLD! Empty
PostSubject: Newbie from QLD!   Newbie from QLD! EmptyMon 20 Feb 2012, 3:22 am

Hey guys,

i'm 28 this year, weight 140kg, 175cm and live in country qld! ( 3 hrs from brissy )I have 2 children and have basically been overweight/obese since i was 16.

I got recently diagnosed with hashimoto's diesease. its a thyroid problem, in 2 months i have put on 20 kilos :(

A friend of my mum's had the gastric sleeve and i didnt even know! she had lost 30kg in 3 months and looked amazing. I finally did something and got private health insurance last week. I'm only paying $61.45 ( this is including the govt rebate ) and in 12 months from now i will be getting this surgery! ( yes i did call them and confirm they cover medicare number 30511, which they do )

Ive booked in to see my surgeon, Justin Greenslade in Brisbane in march to make sure my thyroid problem wont be a actual problem and i am able to have the surgery. I'm pretty excited in meeting him!

i'm also nervous and i'm sure once it gets closer to my date to have surgery i will be a complete mess! i'm worried about complications and pain, recovery times etc..and i know im not a younging but being 28 and having a permaent surgery scares me a little bit. But reading some of your posts and seeing before and after pictures spur me on.

sorry if i have rattled on, i'm just so excited imaginging what i would look like skinny! Thanks for reading my little post here! i think its great how much you ladies and gentlemen contribute in this forum..it certainly helped me make my decision and take a step forward to a healthier life!!

Newbie from QLD! 618285
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newbie from QLD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from QLD!   Newbie from QLD! Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie from QLD!
Page 1 of 1