2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ellen50
Ellen50

Female
Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2012-01-21

Bowral Bariatric Centre - Dr Stening & Dr Shirhan Ho Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowral Bariatric Centre - Dr Stening & Dr Shirhan Ho   Bowral Bariatric Centre - Dr Stening & Dr Shirhan Ho EmptySat 18 Feb 2012, 3:29 am

Hi Suzy

I hear you with the being careful until the surgery date LOL... It would be tempting as it's sort of the last ditch at being able to eat at will... sigh.... I've been mourning the loss of the foods I won't be able to sit and stuff my face on which got me here in the first place - and that's a good thing!!

I saw you are the day before me, so it will be excellent to swap tales of our successes, hey!

Cheers

Ellen
Bowral Bariatric Centre - Dr Stening & Dr Shirhan Ho 369315
Back to top Go down
http://www.stores.ebay.com.au/extremeshoppingonline
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Bowral Bariatric Centre - Dr Stening & Dr Shirhan Ho   Bowral Bariatric Centre - Dr Stening & Dr Shirhan Ho EmptySat 18 Feb 2012, 3:23 am

Hi Ellen

Suzy Blue here.

We will be March buddies I am getting sleeved 20th March. As I have already lost 23 kgs and have my Gastric Band taken out. I dont have to do the opti yuk. My downfall has been the 8 week break from band to sleeve. I love my food, but have been so ultra careful not to put any weight on, have put on a kilo but still have 4 weeks to go. Starting to get the munchies.

Getting a bit nervous now

Good luck

Suzy Blue
Back to top Go down
Ellen50
Ellen50

Female
Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2012-01-21

PostSubject: Bowral Bariatric Centre - Dr Stening & Dr Shirhan Ho   Bowral Bariatric Centre - Dr Stening & Dr Shirhan Ho EmptySat 18 Feb 2012, 12:24 am

I am booked in to have my sleeve done on 21 March 2012!!! So exciting!!!!

Has anyone had their sleeve performed with this surgery? The thing I liked is that both surgeons work together in surgery, so that's 2 pairs of eyeballs and less of a chance for anything to go wrong.

I've still got questions though about the dietician and psychologist appointments. Do they just come and see you in hospital or do you get appointments after the surgery? I need to work on my mind to ensure I never go back. Long gone will be the days of munching on my favourite Kettle chips with plain salt.... no good for my high blood pressure, high cholesterol nor borderline diabetes though!!

The private hospital rang on Friday wanting me to book in for the pre-op clinic and I said... hey, I live a long way away. She ended up telling me that I did have the option of the tests being done the day of surgery.... and that she'd mark my file as 'refused' to attend clinic! Talk about being blunt! lol But I ran the risk of disappointment if the surgery was postponed due to heart issues. I said.... well, that's ok, I'm sure we can re-schedule and I'd be surprised if there was anything a miss. At least I only had the one trip to make :) I had surgery end July last year for inguinal hernia.

The total cost to me will be around $16k. I am self funded (well, redraw on my mortgage...). I think it will be scary shelling out the dollars in the meantime until the dust has settled on what medicare will rebate on. Then I get the 20% medical rebate at tax time. I've already spoken to my accountant about it.

Cheers

Ellen
bath
Back to top Go down
http://www.stores.ebay.com.au/extremeshoppingonline
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bowral Bariatric Centre - Dr Stening & Dr Shirhan Ho   Bowral Bariatric Centre - Dr Stening & Dr Shirhan Ho Empty

Back to top Go down

Bowral Bariatric Centre - Dr Stening & Dr Shirhan Ho
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: The Surgeons-
Jump to: