AuthorMessage
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Interesting piece on The Biggest Loser Empty
PostSubject: thanks   Interesting piece on The Biggest Loser EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 11:52 pm

Thanks for the link - have shared it on my facebook - good work
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: skinny   Interesting piece on The Biggest Loser EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 1:58 am

Hi

just thought about the other side of it, I have a friend who is tiny, always had to buy from the kids section, it wasnt that she dieted, starved etc, had high metabolism and different genetics, only mgained abit of a tummy in her 40s.

a sis-in-law ate like a horse, didnt gain weight, she got picked on for having a good figure.

Be good if everyone just shut up and help and accept each other. it shouldnt be about weight/looks etc, it should be about health

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sammmy C
Sammmy C

Male
Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2011-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Interesting piece on The Biggest Loser   Interesting piece on The Biggest Loser EmptySun 12 Feb 2012, 10:45 pm

Everyone should read this From the skinniest person in the world to the fattest.

Its about time that people in general realise that obesity is a disease as much as Depression or anorexia, but oh no it sad to see the skinny girl or boy who is nothing but skin and bones but it entertainment to poke fun or torture that fat guy or girl on TV. I hate this show with a passion and all shows like it.

GRRRRR

anyway thats my opinion.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Interesting piece on The Biggest Loser   Interesting piece on The Biggest Loser EmptySun 12 Feb 2012, 10:27 pm

Hear hear!
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: thanks   Interesting piece on The Biggest Loser EmptySun 12 Feb 2012, 9:14 pm

shared this on facebook thanks
Back to top Go down
Autumncurl
Autumncurl

Female
Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2011-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Interesting piece on The Biggest Loser   Interesting piece on The Biggest Loser EmptySun 12 Feb 2012, 3:29 pm

I would also like to point out that on "the biggest loser" the weeks shown are "tv weeks" meaning that they don't film the people in the house or whatever it is, each calendar week, but instead 1 week is 4 normal weeks.
They the give the impression that the contestant have lost 11kg in one calendar week. It is very cut and pasted, giving the public a unrealistic view of what actually happen.

- this was all told on the radio by a former contestant.

In comparison my friend was on search for a super model, yet quit halfway because they wouldn't let her normal meals.

I myself was once in a fernwood, promotion where i got free membership and was follow by a major newspaper, they twisted my words, i had no support - even though it was said i had personal trainer all the time...i never did, and when they took before photos i was told, that i looked too nice in my clothes for a fat person...It was also stated that i was "unhappy" and that my life sucked because i was fat, which it doesn't , i am fine how i am, i could go on living like this, expect i choose not too due to the health risks.
Back to top Go down
MissPea

Female
Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2012-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Interesting piece on The Biggest Loser   Interesting piece on The Biggest Loser EmptySun 12 Feb 2012, 2:26 pm

Thank you for sharing. An interesting analogy in the introduction...I also found it satisfying to read about the "disease" of obesity. Will definitely share this article with family members who consider weight loss to be as black and white as simply, 'Stop eating fattie'.
Back to top Go down
buzzitozzz

Female
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2010-10-20

PostSubject: Interesting piece on The Biggest Loser   Interesting piece on The Biggest Loser EmptySun 12 Feb 2012, 11:56 am

Found this very interesting and I thought I would share it.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/fats-entertainment-and-were-the-biggest-loser-20120211-1sy4z.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting piece on The Biggest Loser   Interesting piece on The Biggest Loser Empty

Back to top Go down

Interesting piece on The Biggest Loser
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: