chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

old stomach stapling Empty
PostSubject: Re: old stomach stapling   old stomach stapling EmptySun 12 Feb 2012, 1:25 am

She had a bypass...
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: chris   old stomach stapling EmptySun 12 Feb 2012, 12:06 am

hi chris, what type of surgery did she have to hellp her lose weight
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: old stomach stapling   old stomach stapling EmptySat 11 Feb 2012, 8:41 pm

My friend who had the stomach staplling in the 70s said it worked for some years, and then she started to put weight back on. When she had the scans, she was told that it was still partially working, and was amazed. Needless to say, since she went back for more surgery, she had put on a lot of weight since she'd had it done.
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: old stomach stapling   old stomach stapling EmptySat 11 Feb 2012, 12:03 pm

A friend of mine had it done years ago and he never lost any weight at all.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: weight gain   old stomach stapling EmptySat 11 Feb 2012, 10:02 am

yes my friend gained weight back. someone else had it too thought she had lapband but it was stomach stapling, she gained weight back
Back to top Go down
mac.calder
mac.calder

Male
Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2011-11-08

PostSubject: Re: old stomach stapling   old stomach stapling EmptySat 11 Feb 2012, 8:30 am

Stomach stapling was very hit and miss (which is why it is no longer practiced - that and it is fairly risky with a number of complications) - it was possible (through miss-management) to "burst" the staple line - eliminating the restriction on intake - my aunt was one such person - within 3 years of surgery, she was back to eating full size meals - only she had developed all the bad habits that Lapbanders battle with (choosing wrong foods because they "slide down" easier. Basically at 3 years she was eating far too more than most people would and it was all junk.
Back to top Go down
Melinda38
Part of the furniture
Melinda38

Female
Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2011-09-26

PostSubject: Re: old stomach stapling   old stomach stapling EmptySat 11 Feb 2012, 7:22 am

So does that mean those who've had stomach staples have regained weight?
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: old stomach stapling   old stomach stapling EmptySat 11 Feb 2012, 2:01 am

Oh yeah - the topic! Sorry...

My friend wanted a sleeve after seeing how well mine worked. She had her stomach stapled back in the 1970s. A visit to the doc, and a scan or two later, she found out that because of the way they'd done it, she couldn't have a sleeve. She opted for the bypass and it's been great for her.

Good luck...
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: old stomach stapling   old stomach stapling EmptySat 11 Feb 2012, 2:00 am

Hey, Daisy, glad to hear from you. Sounds like you're really happy with your op. I'm so envious! old stomach stapling 314562 But I hope you have a nice easy recuperation.

old stomach stapling 217555 old stomach stapling 217555
Back to top Go down
daisy
Part of the furniture
daisy

Female
Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2009-04-28

PostSubject: Re: old stomach stapling   old stomach stapling EmptyFri 10 Feb 2012, 10:31 pm

Hi
I had the old stomach stapling 25 years ago and wanted the sleeve but it just wasn't possible so went with the bypass
I have a Diary on here somewhere
I am currently in hospital in Adelaide as. L have had a breast reduction and fat taken of the arms.
I cryed when I had my first look at my boobs. Omg I have boobs that I can see the nipple without lifting it up to have a look.
Can't stop looking at them, everytime l go to the loo I admire them in the mirror, couldn't be happier
Daisy
I think my diary is called Daisys gastric adventure.
Back to top Go down
Melinda38
Part of the furniture
Melinda38

Female
Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2011-09-26

PostSubject: Re: old stomach stapling   old stomach stapling EmptyFri 10 Feb 2012, 9:11 pm

You'll probably find she will end up with a bypass. Most surgeons wouldn't want to take the risk.
Back to top Go down
NoLongerA"Wanttobe"
NoLongerA

Female
Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2011-08-17

PostSubject: Re: old stomach stapling   old stomach stapling EmptyFri 10 Feb 2012, 12:43 pm

I have spoken at length with a lady known to my parents who underwent a sleeve op. having had an old stapling operation.

She had major complications (26 weeks with ng tube and leak), only to have a revision to bypass. She's thrilled with the results, though.
Back to top Go down
mac.calder
mac.calder

Male
Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2011-11-08

PostSubject: Re: old stomach stapling   old stomach stapling EmptyFri 10 Feb 2012, 12:01 pm

Both my Mum and my Auntie were stapled - The basic procedure is like the lapband, except it is not adjustable - so I imagine a revision to a sleeve would depend on how the upper pouch was constructed etc.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: old stomach stapling   old stomach stapling EmptyFri 10 Feb 2012, 11:28 am

a friend wants a sleeve. she had the old style stomach stapling about 20 yrs ago. she saw dr francs assistant and was told she might not be able to have sleeve surgery.

Has anyone been in the situation? or have any info about it?

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: old stomach stapling   old stomach stapling Empty

Back to top Go down

old stomach stapling
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: