AuthorMessage
Oki Doki Joy
Part of the furniture
Oki Doki Joy

Female
Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2010-09-04

How long does it take to hit ketosis? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to hit ketosis?   How long does it take to hit ketosis? EmptyMon 02 Apr 2012, 2:31 am

Hi Essie, thanks for letting me know! Glad to help. OKDKJ
Back to top Go down
http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/the-diary-f8/the-big-joyful-
essienew
essienew

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2012-03-07

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to hit ketosis?   How long does it take to hit ketosis? EmptySun 25 Mar 2012, 3:50 am

Hi Oki Doki Joy

I am so happy I found this thread! I thought I was failing to go into ketosis as mine was the light purple and was wondering why I am not achieving the dark purple! Thanks for clearing that up for me... Hope you look at this thread again.

Essie
Back to top Go down
Oki Doki Joy
Part of the furniture
Oki Doki Joy

Female
Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2010-09-04

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to hit ketosis?   How long does it take to hit ketosis? EmptyThu 09 Feb 2012, 12:49 am

The pharmacy has something called Ketodiastix. You put them in your wee :P
From memory:
Drink plenty of water - you are aiming for a light purple colour, not dark purple. Dark purple is dehydrated ketosis.
No purple means you are not in ketosis. You don't want clear, you want light purple.
Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/the-diary-f8/the-big-joyful-
rebekahp
rebekahp

Female
Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to hit ketosis?   How long does it take to hit ketosis? EmptyWed 08 Feb 2012, 10:17 pm

I did bad yesterday, I ate an extra opti bar last night...
Back to top Go down
Giggle Puss
Giggle Puss

Female
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to hit ketosis?   How long does it take to hit ketosis? EmptyWed 08 Feb 2012, 7:47 am

Great question rebekahp,I'm on day three, thanks for answers lizzy and isis.

Isis great new photo xg
Back to top Go down
Isis
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to hit ketosis?   How long does it take to hit ketosis? EmptyWed 08 Feb 2012, 6:41 am

I didn't come properly right until day 4 or 5. I stuck like glue to the requirements tho and only had my 2 cups of veges and wasn't allowed fruit or diet jelly/cordial. I felt way better after day 5 though, I had lots more energy and I even started going walking before my op.

Good luck with your journey, this phase will be a distant memory soon! :)
Back to top Go down
lizzzy
Part of the furniture
lizzzy

Female
Number of posts : 558
Registration date : 2011-08-12

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to hit ketosis?   How long does it take to hit ketosis? EmptyWed 08 Feb 2012, 6:28 am

Good luck with it Rebekah, im day three of opti, i too am allowed a little more veg and fruit, im determined not to cheat, and do the right thing.

I went to the supermarket today to get some veg so i can make soup, couldnt find anything was so frustrating, stirfry veg cooked in water not oil with a little sauce for flavour is making it more bearable for me.

I really hope you are doing ok, YOU CAN DO IT!!!! How long does it take to hit ketosis? 217555
Back to top Go down
rebekahp
rebekahp

Female
Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: How long does it take to hit ketosis?   How long does it take to hit ketosis? EmptyWed 08 Feb 2012, 5:39 am

Today is my first "proper" day of opti, have stuck to it like glue. No headaches yet, but god I am hungry. My dietician said it is ok for me to eat more than two cups of veg a day, as long as they are from the allowed list. Have drunk close to 4L of water today.

How long will it take for my body to stop being hungry & hit ketosis?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to hit ketosis?   How long does it take to hit ketosis? Empty

Back to top Go down

How long does it take to hit ketosis?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: