AuthorMessage
mandi5508
Part of the furniture
mandi5508

Female
Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2011-04-05

Wheat free 3 cheese cannelloni Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheat free 3 cheese cannelloni   Wheat free 3 cheese cannelloni EmptyThu 02 Feb 2012, 9:47 am

Sounds yummy, will certainly give it a go. Thanks
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Wheat free 3 cheese cannelloni Empty
PostSubject: Wheat free 3 cheese cannelloni   Wheat free 3 cheese cannelloni EmptyThu 02 Feb 2012, 8:23 am

Wheat free three cheese “cannelloni”

I made this recipe for lunch with my sister. She is a celiac so wheat and gluten are not allowed. I am trying to maintain my protein intake – WIN WIN for both of us.

Ingredients

250 grams low fat smooth ricotta

100 grams feta crumbled

100 grams grated parmesan (retain some for the top)

4 eggs

Cooking spray

Salt and pepper to taste

Pinch of nutmeg

A small quantity of margarine for cooking

½ bag of baby spinach leaves

½ small onion finely diced

3 cloves of garlic crushed

1 cup of pasta sauce

Combine ricotta, feta and half the parmesan in a bowl, add salt and pepper and nutmeg – mix well. Melt a little margarine in pan and saute onion and garlic until transparent add the spinach and cooked until wilted. Allow to cool and then combine with cheese mixture.

Whisk eggs until well combined. Heat a non stick pan, spray with cooking spray. Pour approximately one egg into the heated pan and swirl to cover the base of the pan. Cooked until set and then flip. Set aside to cool and continue until egg mix is used. Tip – if you have trouble flipping, up end pan onto a plate and then up end plate over the pan.

Using one egg crepe, add 2-3 spoons of the cheese/spinach mixture to one edge and roll up. Continue this process until crepe/cheese mixture is used.

Spread a ¼ cup of pasta sauce in the base of a casserole dish, add crêpes and then pour over remaining pasta sauce. Top with parmesan cheese and heat in microwave until cheese is melted and filling is hot. Makes 4.

1 crepe per serve = 30 grams of protein, 20 grams fat
Back to top Go down

Wheat free 3 cheese cannelloni
Page 1 of 1