Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slower weight loss for people that have a sleeve after band???

Go down 
+3
PilbaraGal
Firie75
LISSYD
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ktk
Part of the furniture
Ktk

Female
Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2012-01-17

Slower weight loss for people that have a sleeve after band??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slower weight loss for people that have a sleeve after band???   Slower weight loss for people that have a sleeve after band??? EmptyThu 02 Feb 2012, 12:04 pm

Phew!
That's crappy for you though. Can they do a revision of yours?
Back to top Go down
Big Softie

Female
Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Slower weight loss for people that have a sleeve after band???   Slower weight loss for people that have a sleeve after band??? EmptyThu 02 Feb 2012, 11:45 am

Yes, still stops all of that. I just have to be mindful of portion sizes - that's the only difference I can see. Also, if the de-banding & sleeve is done at the same time, it doesn't always guarantee a larger sleeve - this is just my experience!

Z
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Slower weight loss for people that have a sleeve after band???   Slower weight loss for people that have a sleeve after band??? EmptyWed 01 Feb 2012, 8:53 am

Ktk

I absolutely hope so.

Suzy Blue
Back to top Go down
Ktk
Part of the furniture
Ktk

Female
Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2012-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Slower weight loss for people that have a sleeve after band???   Slower weight loss for people that have a sleeve after band??? EmptyWed 01 Feb 2012, 7:27 am

[b]Does it at least stop the hunger and constant thinking of food?
Back to top Go down
Big Softie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Slower weight loss for people that have a sleeve after band???   Slower weight loss for people that have a sleeve after band??? EmptyWed 01 Feb 2012, 7:05 am

Hi Suzy,

My slower weight loss is possibly due to a larger sleeve because I had the band taken out & sleeved at the same time. I probably would have gotten a better result had I waited for my stomach to settle like you are doing.

Would be interested to know his thoughts on slower weight loss tho!

Z
Back to top Go down
Catapult

Female
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Slower weight loss for people that have a sleeve after band???   Slower weight loss for people that have a sleeve after band??? EmptyWed 01 Feb 2012, 6:56 am

Both my surgeon and his physician told me that band-to-sleeve lose less weight than those who get the sleeve as a primary procedure. This is because there is scar tissue at the top of the stomach and they have to make the sleeve bigger there because of that. Hope this makes sense, the picture they drew made it clear.

Cat.
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female

PostSubject: Re: Slower weight loss for people that have a sleeve after band???   Slower weight loss for people that have a sleeve after band??? EmptyWed 01 Feb 2012, 5:47 am

Hi Big Softie

I am another Justin Greenslades Girl.

I was banded 1 year ago and last Monday had my band removed. I am having to wait the 8 weeks for my sleeve. He would not do both together.

Bit worried about the slow weight loss from lots of bandits who have there bands out and go to the sleeve. Is this because you had this procedure done all at once, or did he say generally for all patients that go from band to sleeve.

Slower weight loss for people that have a sleeve after band??? 706350 I have an appointment with him in 2 weeks so will be discussing my options with him.
Back to top Go down
Big Softie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Slower weight loss for people that have a sleeve after band???   Slower weight loss for people that have a sleeve after band??? EmptyWed 01 Feb 2012, 4:33 am

Hi,
I had my band removed and sleeved all at once in April of last year. I have lost 30kg in this time - mostly within the first 6 months. For the last 3 months I have had very minimal weight loss.

I have noticed that I can eat quite a lot more than my friends who were sleeved at simular times and I have not lost as much weight as them as well. I am having to measure my food intake quite a lot.

I recently voiced my concerns with Dr Greenslades who performed my op and he said that he is seeing this in patients who get de-banded & sleeved in one go as the stomach is harder to flatten out & measure during surgery possibly resulting in a bigger sleeve.

Maybe I'm just not meant to loose it?
Maybe this is it for me? 30kgs off is great but when everyone is super smaller, it certainly messes with ur head! Slower weight loss for people that have a sleeve after band??? 427584
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female

PostSubject: Re: Slower weight loss for people that have a sleeve after band???   Slower weight loss for people that have a sleeve after band??? EmptySun 29 Jan 2012, 2:05 am

Hi Everyone

Pilbargirl

Wow how good is that weight loss.

I was debanded last Monday - lost 23 kgs with the band (only had it 1 year). Hope I can loose 11 kgs to!!!!!!! I would be exstatic!!!!!!. You must be absolutely thrilled.

Good luck

Suzy Blue
Back to top Go down
PilbaraGal
PilbaraGal

Female
Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2011-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Slower weight loss for people that have a sleeve after band???   Slower weight loss for people that have a sleeve after band??? EmptySat 28 Jan 2012, 12:11 pm

i had my band for 4 years and lost a total of 20kgs (been leaking for 3 years) and gained back 9 of them. I had my band out in September 11, was sleeved 16 days again and have already lost 11kgs, so at the moment i think my weight loss is quite rapid.
Back to top Go down
LISSYD
Part of the furniture
LISSYD

Female
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2011-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Slower weight loss for people that have a sleeve after band???   Slower weight loss for people that have a sleeve after band??? EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 11:53 am

Firie75 ,Im guessing its something like that..I lost 54kgs with the band and then put 35kgs back on so yes maybe my metabolism has gone "kaput" from losing,gaining,losing and so on!! will be interesting to hear from others...
Back to top Go down
Firie75
Part of the furniture
Firie75

Female
Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Slower weight loss for people that have a sleeve after band???   Slower weight loss for people that have a sleeve after band??? EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 11:45 am

While I have never had the band, my guess is that your body must have some recognition of having been through the surgery before and has gone into preservation mode.....like slowing the metabolism down in anticipation of losing weight again. Could be related to the starvation mode? I am just guessing here, so will not say I am right!
Back to top Go down
LISSYD
Part of the furniture
LISSYD

Female
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2011-07-23

PostSubject: Slower weight loss for people that have a sleeve after band???   Slower weight loss for people that have a sleeve after band??? EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 11:21 am

Hi,Thought I would post this and see if my Dietitian observation is worth looking into and why it happens..Well I'm an ex-bandit and so happy to be a ex by the way lol I had my sleeve done on the 10th of Oct last year..all went well BUT my weight loss is so slowSlower weight loss for people that have a sleeve after band??? 595690 I'm doing everything by the book but my body is not giving up the fat without a fight..I have mentioned this to my surgeon and Dietitian and they have told me that they have noticed that a % of there x-banders that have gone onto have the sleeve have experienced slow weight loss compared to people that have just had the sleeve alone no other weight loss surgery..I have spoken to another x-bander that was done 11 days after me and she is experiencing the same slow loss..So could there be something in it?? I would love to hear from other x-banders that have experienced slower than average weight loss with the sleeve...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slower weight loss for people that have a sleeve after band???   Slower weight loss for people that have a sleeve after band??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Slower weight loss for people that have a sleeve after band???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about You! :: From Band To Sleeve-
Jump to: