AuthorMessage
lulumac
Part of the furniture
lulumac

Female
Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2011-10-15

ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ok - who's watching Biggest Loser???   ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? EmptyWed 25 Jan 2012, 3:25 am

Ktk wrote:
Just want to shake the contestants and say "Get Sleeved! Make it for good, without the torture of standing there with nothing on so the nation can gawk."

Agree! Agree! Agree! Hooray for the sleeve!
Back to top Go down
JWags

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2012-01-04

PostSubject: Re: ok - who's watching Biggest Loser???   ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? EmptyWed 25 Jan 2012, 3:16 am

I think that it's sickening how they have to do immunity challenges. They are there to try and lose weight and then they have "challenges" encouraging them to eat the most calories so that they can win immunity. Its truly twisted and sick. And yes while being fat inst ideal (I know all the health risks, trust me), it does not mean that you are a bad person or that you are unlovable. Love is not only about the physical appearance and those that think it is, more fool them!
Back to top Go down
mamaraptor
Part of the furniture
mamaraptor

Female
Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2011-11-12

PostSubject: Re: ok - who's watching Biggest Loser???   ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 10:15 pm

Just posted a new thread on BL and how sad it makes me!!! Rant! ARGH
Back to top Go down
qwerty

Female
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: ok - who's watching Biggest Loser???   ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 2:43 pm

Losing weight only improves your health..if you hate youself and thinks no one will love you until you are skinny, that your life wont improve until you are skinny, or you'll have no friends unless you are skinny then that is more than just weight issues...people of normal bmi also have love/friendship/life issues..they just dont have excess weight to blame.

tis why i hate biggest loser. all the issues they point at being the cause of their weight are the same issues normal bmi people have.

i have a friend normal bmi but she has these issues too.
Back to top Go down
vanderaj
Part of the furniture
vanderaj

Male
Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2011-10-09

PostSubject: Re: ok - who's watching Biggest Loser???   ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 8:57 pm

Kate wrote:
Totally agree with you Sammy C, I have never watched this show and never will. There is another thread on here about how they say they are weighed in weekly and lose ridiculous amounts in a week, eg 8kg, when they are in reality weighed every 3 weeks. I like reality shows but this one is just sad and degrading.

Not three weeks, but every 10 to 14 days. Still cheating in my view, as it stretches the meaning of "week" far beyond any reasonable value and gives viewers the wrong idea that big losses can be sustained in a week.

The US version has two seasons a year (one 13-15 episodes, over an apparent four to five months, one 22-26 over six), and if you look at a 50% weight loss in six months (common for the winners), that's still pretty ridiculous. This season in the US version, they are concentrating on the food as well as the exercise, which is just as well, as they missed out big time in previous seasons, even though it is like half of the equation.

Back to top Go down
http://www.greebo.net
kat in a hat
kat in a hat

Female
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2011-07-08

PostSubject: Re: ok - who's watching Biggest Loser???   ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 1:59 pm

whoa, because of this thread i went and watched the first episode and turns out a girl that was in my grade in highschool is on it (kasey). totally blew my mind!
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: ok - who's watching Biggest Loser???   ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 12:10 pm

Totally agree with you Sammy C, I have never watched this show and never will. There is another thread on here about how they say they are weighed in weekly and lose ridiculous amounts in a week, eg 8kg, when they are in reality weighed every 3 weeks. I like reality shows but this one is just sad and degrading.
Back to top Go down
Ktk
Part of the furniture
Ktk

Female
Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2012-01-17

PostSubject: Get Seeved!   ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 11:45 am

Just want to shake the contestants and say "Get Sleeved! Make it for good, without the torture of standing there with nothing on so the nation can gawk."
Back to top Go down
Sammmy C
Sammmy C

Male
Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2011-11-07

PostSubject: Re: ok - who's watching Biggest Loser???   ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 11:28 am

This show just makes me sad.

A contestant from the show a couple of years ago lives in my town. He lost a huge amount of weight and now he has gained it all back and looks more miserable than ever.

It's unrealistic and dangerous and a total mind F*&^ for the contestants. Like why do they need to basically strip off on national telly to get weighed in and then ridiculed if they didnt lose 10.5kgs for this week. (Scary stuff)

Thats my rant about this show.
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: no way   ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 11:25 am

Not me - exploitation of overweight people for the gratification of the masses who beleive that overweight people are gluttons and lazy. We all know that this is not necessarily the case.
Back to top Go down
Suge
Suge

Male
Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2011-11-08

PostSubject: Re: ok - who's watching Biggest Loser???   ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 11:12 am

So who is to blame for one being obese?

Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: ok - who's watching Biggest Loser???   ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 10:18 am

Melinda38 wrote:
Nope decided to boycott this year!

hazelbaby wrote:
I'll watch bits but couldn't cope watching every episode. I find the assumption that big people are unloveable pretty sad and distasteful.

completely agree!

Oh... look what I just found:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertainment/8407586/k-fed-collapses-with-chest-pain-during-tv-challenge

I know its not the same show but.... i told ya......mark my words.
Back to top Go down
hazelbaby
Part of the furniture
hazelbaby

Female
Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2011-08-20

PostSubject: Re: ok - who's watching Biggest Loser???   ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 10:15 am

I'll watch bits but couldn't cope watching every episode. I find the assumption that big people are unloveable pretty sad and distasteful. My current partner was interested in me when I was much bigger. I think you need to love yourself before other people can love you though! Self loathing or low self esteem are self evident to the world
Back to top Go down
Melinda38
Part of the furniture
Melinda38

Female
Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2011-09-26

PostSubject: Re: ok - who's watching Biggest Loser???   ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 10:10 am

Nope decided to boycott this year!
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: ok - who's watching Biggest Loser???   ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 9:48 am

I LOATHE the show. Its whole idea that exercising for 8 hours a day is normal.

That being overweight and morbidly obese is your own fault. Not looking at the underlying problems. I mean, I know, for me as someone who has been obese all my life (well not now!)... its a disease, an addiction.

Would we watch TV if it were people who were addicted to drugs? "Just stop". See what I mean?

Mark my words, I guarantee that someone will have a massive heart attack, and then they will say "we pushed them too hard".

I also believe whole heartedly that this show PROMOTES discrimination against obese people. It does NOT promote healthy eating and exercise. It promotes excessive amounts of exercise, false hope that living in that way is normal.

**rant over**
Back to top Go down
pippa
Part of the furniture
pippa

Female
Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2010-09-29

PostSubject: Re: ok - who's watching Biggest Loser???   ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 8:53 am

I agree Vanderaj - bloody infuriating!

That's why I'll be sticking to the weekly updates :)

I can think of loads of lovely things to do that don't involve people being made to feel inferior, hate themselves and cry their hearts out.

Good luck to them

hugs

Pippa

Back to top Go down
pippa
Part of the furniture
pippa

Female

PostSubject: Re: ok - who's watching Biggest Loser???   ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 8:49 am

ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? 595690
Well, Barry sat for the first minute then ran away for a bath - he didn't like the singles bit, Tiffany saying how awful it was to be such and such an age, never been kissed and overweight, he said 'so it's different for skinny people?' - I love that my always skinny husband is not fattist!
ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? 878453 ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? 427584 ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? 878453
I think I'll be with Gottarhyme and watch the weekly weigh ins - it might get too much with the webcams and stuff, poor people, no privacy and all dignity torn away forcibly from them.
ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? 81722 ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? 81722 ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? 81722
Wish these guys all the best - and boy I love my sleeve :) i couldn't do that even for a quater of a million dollars!!!
ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? 217555 ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? 217555 ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? 217555

Pippa
Back to top Go down
vanderaj
Part of the furniture
vanderaj

Male
Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2011-10-09

PostSubject: Re: ok - who's watching Biggest Loser???   ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 8:48 am

I find the time investment in the Australian series too high, plus I find the endless pre- and post- completely and utterly obvious exposition pointless, annoying and life wasting. If they can't find 6 hours of good TV a week out of the zillions of hours they tape, there's something seriously wrong.

ANNOUNCER - "Contestant X must complete the course in 10 seconds or face elimination"

CONTESTANT X - "I must complete the course in 10 seconds, or I'll be fat forever"

CONTESTANT Y - "Contestant X will never be happy unless she does it in less than 10 seconds.

Three real time minutes later, ten on screen seconds have elapsed with much dramatic pauses and music, and Contestant X is very sad.

CONTESTANT Y - "Wow! Who would have believed it! She failed to do it in 10 seconds!"

CONTESTANT X - "I failed to complete the course in 10 seconds! I'll be fat forever"

ad nauseam. Sorry to those who will figure this out tonight. You can't unsee it in any reality TV show once you have been made aware of this issue.

I watch the US one instead. They rarely do this as they only have 1.5 hours a week to fill. Jillian has left, btw.
Back to top Go down
http://www.greebo.net
Kate + Mum (123katepink)
Part of the furniture
Kate + Mum (123katepink)

Female
Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: Re: ok - who's watching Biggest Loser???   ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 8:40 am

Yes im watching it and some of the stories are making me tear up.

I just feel so bad for them.... my surgeon said to me that you can diet and exercise and possibly loose weight once you have become obese, but the chances of putting the weight back on at some stage are very high. I hope they are all very successful.

More people need to know about gastric sleeve. I love my sleeve. Im so glad I had it done, I hate to think of where I would of been if I didnt have it done.

Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: ok - who's watching Biggest Loser???   ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 8:33 am

'Car Crash TV'. Yep, I like it.

I don't always watch it, but I think I will this year. It will be good to see people lose weight and get healthy, while I am not fat for once!!!!
Back to top Go down
pippa
Part of the furniture
pippa

Female

PostSubject: ok - who's watching Biggest Loser???   ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 8:05 am

ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? 314562 ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? 314562 ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? 314562 ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? 314562 ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? 314562
Car crash TV - I know but but even my TV deamon husband (only generally allows ABC or SBS unless it's sport!) is happy to watch Biggest Loser.
ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? 878453 ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? 427584 ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? 878453 ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? 427584 ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? 878453
We are wondering why Gillian is naked in all the magazine promos?
ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? 542174 ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? 68366 ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? 542174 ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? 68366 ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? 542174
Waiting for your views this time around - last year was good fun and I was only about 2 months out from surgery.
ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? 63412 ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? 65317 ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? 63412 ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? 65317 ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? 63412
It's on!

Biggest Loser singles!!! oh my

ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? 120705

Pippa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ok - who's watching Biggest Loser???   ok - who's watching Biggest Loser??? Empty

Back to top Go down

ok - who's watching Biggest Loser???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: