Go down 
AuthorMessage
Isis
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-10-28

???Confused post dietician Empty
PostSubject: Re: ???Confused post dietician   ???Confused post dietician EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 3:23 am

Yup, they would have just been giving you an outside figure at 60% excess lost. I have faith you can do 80 but, like others have said, don't focus on below that - if it happens it is great, but adjust your goals as you go rather than sticking a big skinny 70 on your ticker like me haha. I feel like a bit of a failure cos I can't break below 79kg (172cm tall). I just bounce between 79 and 80.5, which is FABULOUS health wise but I would love to become a skinny minnie like so many on this forum have managed to do. At the end of the day though, I am a large-framed person (broad shoulders, size 11 feet, huge hands etc) so I would only ever be at the top end of my healthy weight range even if I was thin. I never thought I would be able to do all the things I can do now though, so life is just great - I'm pretty super fit :) 57 kg lost is still something to be proud of for me, even though I haven't made the 'healthy weight range'.
Back to top Go down
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster
100%-er

Female
Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2011-01-21

PostSubject: Re: ???Confused post dietician   ???Confused post dietician EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 8:52 am

Hi,

I started off at 174 kilos and am 169cm tall. My 'ideal' weight is about 75... or something tiny like that!! My dietician and surgeon said that they would be happy with 110kgs... I wouldn't be, I would like to get to 90kgs... still a long way off my 'ideal' weight, but a whole lot healthier than me previously.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
JWags

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2012-01-04

PostSubject: Re: ???Confused post dietician   ???Confused post dietician EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 3:05 am

Hi Healthymum,

I asked a similar question as the psychologist I saw gave me the same response you had. Before Opti I was 125.8 kg, I am 175cm tall and 23 yrs old. He told me that 90-100 kgs would be my goal, where as the ultimate I would like to be is 75kg. After seeing how well everyone else does I believe that if I am dedicated I should be able to reach that ultimate goal... eventually and enjoy the ride along the way. I am being sleeved Friday and have lost 6kgs on the Opti so far, so thats a good start I think. If you really want to reach your ultimate goal, I am sure you will!

Cheers,
JWags
Back to top Go down
Healthymum
Healthymum

Female
Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: ???Confused post dietician   ???Confused post dietician EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 1:56 am

Thanks mamabear25. Just want to be healthier - no issues just pain from back injury, and would love the typical 'to be able to walk in and shop in a normal clothes store', I know I will reach that goal at size 18 (around 103kgs for me). Already increased exercise and going from size 22 to 20 with less than 1.6kg weight loss. It's all good!

Golden oldie - 36 years young! LOL feel 76!!
Back to top Go down
mammabear25
Part of the furniture
mammabear25

Female
Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2011-08-06

PostSubject: Re: ???Confused post dietician   ???Confused post dietician EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 1:47 am

I dont think my surgeon or dietican actually gave me any figures on what my ideal weight should be or my BMI should be, i was 108.3kg day of surgery and ive lost 25.4kg so far 5 1/2 months post, i want to get to 70kg, i am 165cm tall and i have a pear shape....my weight loss so far has reduced my jeans size from a size 20 bottoms to a size 14-16 depends on style and shop, and my tops from a size 18 to 12-14.....cup size has stayed the same just lost it off my back....i have a few gfs that have been apple shape and they have gone from a size 22-24 to a size 12, i guess it all depends on the individual on shape etc, but even if i got to my goal weight i would still be classed as overwieght by the BMI??? i would need to be 62kg and i never want to be that small......my goal is to loose 38kg over 12 months....good luck
Back to top Go down
Healthymum
Healthymum

Female

PostSubject: Re: ???Confused post dietician   ???Confused post dietician EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 1:46 am

Thanks Golden oldie and J, Yeah not worried about it just want the health factors, but it was a shock when she gave that number, thats what got me thinking of goal weights. Anything less than now is a bonus!
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: ???Confused post dietician   ???Confused post dietician EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 1:36 am

Honestly..

Don't even worry about your overall goal at the minute, focus on small 5kg at a time. You'll only end up driving yourself crazy constantly thinking of that 70 or 75kg.

If you work hard there's no reason at all that you can't get there :)

Back to top Go down
Goldie oldie

Female
Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2011-06-04

PostSubject: Re: ???Confused post dietician   ???Confused post dietician EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 1:22 am

This figure given to you is rough conversion of weight loss you would be estimated to lose.
Many go below this mark to their estimated weight they would personally like to be.
You haven't stated your age but 75 kg is probably attainable

I am not very good with the explanation but will try not to confuse you too much.
Current weight = 122kg
Expected loss is between 60% to 80% of excess weight
Say ideal weight for frame,height etc = 75 kg
Excess weight at present time = 47 kg
Say 70% round figures = 33 kg to lose
Current weight less 70% of excess = 89kg round figures

Hope this explains it for you
Goldie Oldie
Back to top Go down
Healthymum
Healthymum

Female

PostSubject: Re: ???Confused post dietician   ???Confused post dietician EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 1:15 am

Thank god for that, thanks for your input Kayt83!! yeah we have three people in my town who have had it done and one is similar to me and is 75kg after 2 and a half years. I already exercise between 3 - 6 times a week and have an okay diet now just way too much of it! so heres hoping I can get to at least 80kg and maintain it. Just have to remain vigalant and realistic.
Back to top Go down
kayt83
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2011-03-21

PostSubject: Re: ???Confused post dietician   ???Confused post dietician EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 1:07 am

Hi Healthymum

My understanding is that the goals set are often based on the statistics that the average post sleeve weight loss is around 60%-70% of your excess weight. Based on the numbers you've given, that looks about right.

My surgeons advice was that to lose more than the 60-70% was achievable, but was up to how much work you put in. I started with very similar stats to you (172cm, 127kg) and am now down to about 77kg so far, so it is definitely do-able!
Back to top Go down
Healthymum
Healthymum

Female

PostSubject: ???Confused post dietician   ???Confused post dietician EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 12:52 am

Ok I just finished with the dietician and I have been following this site for a while and seeing all of your results.

Now! to give you an idea of my stats - I am 122kg, 172cm in heaight and a hourglass shape, large frame. I have previously lost weight three seperate times and got to 80kg on those occasions.

The dietician has told me that my goal weight should be 90kg???? Totally shocked at this number....

Does this sound right - I would have expected her to say around 75kg (top of my healthy weight range). Is this her just being cautious or will the doctor tell me a different weight?

Please help clarify my thinking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ???Confused post dietician   ???Confused post dietician Empty

Back to top Go down

???Confused post dietician
Page 1 of 1