AuthorMessage
Andrea11
Part of the furniture
Andrea11

Female
Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Dr Paul Bennett Goldcoast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Paul Bennett Goldcoast   Dr Paul Bennett Goldcoast EmptyWed 31 Oct 2012, 8:39 pm

Hi Kath,

Yes all went really well for my husband and I expect he will be home on Friday. As always I'm extremely impressed with Doc Nolan's skills. I'm really looking forward to meeting my new husband over the coming months. No more struggling with the dreaded band. my husband has got 6 weeks to recuperate then we are both heading to Adelaide. I'm having a tummy tuck and breast reduction done just before Christmas so it's going to be Hi Ho Hi Ho it's off to Adelaide we go...... Dr Paul Bennett Goldcoast 787760
Back to top Go down
kittykat
kittykat

Female
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Dr Paul Bennett Goldcoast   Dr Paul Bennett Goldcoast EmptyWed 31 Oct 2012, 5:47 am

Andrea11 - I too have to wonder why he has turned them away...maybe more to the story?

He has done a number of my friends now, as word does spread quick when you see the results and I have been one to tell others now. Totally agree that he is direct but very thorough and a great surgeon.

Hope your husband has done well with his surgery and wow! 3 sleeves in your family, that must be a record!
Back to top Go down
Andrea11
Part of the furniture
Andrea11

Female
Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Dr Paul Bennett Goldcoast   Dr Paul Bennett Goldcoast EmptySat 27 Oct 2012, 11:36 am

Hi Aterese,

Did Dr Nolan do your partners banding? Dr Nolan has done for our family 1 band and removal, along 2 sleeves with my husband due for his next Tuesday. Yes Dr Nolan is direct and doesn't mince words he's a no nonsense kind of man. In truth although we may not like what he has to say its really what we need to hear. I must say this is an attribute of his I really appreciate. As for Allamanda well it is a hospital and really my surrounding there didn't bother me as all I was interested and still interested in is making sure I have the best surgeon doing the job, and besides your not there very long anyway. So from my point of view Dr Nolan is the best. I just have to wonder why he turned you both away though?
Back to top Go down
kittykat
kittykat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Paul Bennett Goldcoast   Dr Paul Bennett Goldcoast EmptyTue 23 Oct 2012, 2:13 am

Aterese

Definitely chat to Glenmaree about her experiences as she has been through the wringer...but is on the up and up now.

From a personal point of view I have been sleeved by Dr Nolan now for ages and found him and his staff to be great and Allamanda to be a good hospital. Not 5 star like JFH but hey its a hospital...Dr Nolan can be honest and to the point but his operating skills are awesome compared to others, as there are some shockers out there!

GL and hope you and your partner start your sleeve journey soon.
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: Pm   Dr Paul Bennett Goldcoast EmptyThu 18 Oct 2012, 9:56 am

Hi aterese

I have sent you a private message via the forum - please check out my diary. Happy to chat via PM or via phone if you respond

Glenys
Back to top Go down
aterese

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Dr Paul Bennett Goldcoast   Dr Paul Bennett Goldcoast EmptyThu 18 Oct 2012, 6:02 am

Can anyone explain if the history for Dr Bennett mentioned was a one off, or is there other people who had poor recovery ?

I am considering him and just had gallbladder out by him one week ago. My recovery was slower than normal for me, but overall I was happy with his staff. Pindara was annoying with a temporary ward in a day section and lack of beds, but the staff really did their best, so no complaints. Out of 28 surgeries in my life, only twice did I ever get a private room anyway...so it's the norm it seems :p

I get told Dr Nolan is fantastic, but our experience was different with my partner's banding going wrong and then he turned us both away after we approached for sleeve, completed all his pre-requirement team appointments and were booking surgery. His manners leave a lot to be desired and his dietian was the only nice person. Allamanda was worst hospital experience also, no air conditioning working, lots of construction works and bad treatment. He was also the most expensive we found.

I would like to know any more feedback about Dr Bennett, as my partner has diabities now and I am also a higher risk patient, so we really want to be careful.
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Dr Paul Bennett Goldcoast   Dr Paul Bennett Goldcoast EmptyFri 16 Dec 2011, 11:14 pm

Ditto to what KityKat said. Read Glenmaree's posts first.
Back to top Go down
kittykat
kittykat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Paul Bennett Goldcoast   Dr Paul Bennett Goldcoast EmptyTue 01 Nov 2011, 1:11 am

I'd read Glenmaree's posts before going ahead with Bennett. She was told he was great as well but she's been in hospital for weeks now...and changed surgeons to care for her.

GL
Back to top Go down
bubica73

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-10-22

PostSubject: Anyone sleeved by Dr Bennett   Dr Paul Bennett Goldcoast EmptyMon 24 Oct 2011, 11:32 am

Hi there,

Sleeved no, but he is an outstanding general surgeon. He operated on two members of my family - a thyroid removal and 3 hernia repairs- and he did a fantastic job. I want to have a gastric sleeve done by him in the near future.

Alina
Back to top Go down
Couchsurfer

Male
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Dr Paul Bennett Goldcoast   Dr Paul Bennett Goldcoast EmptyMon 12 Jan 2009, 10:20 am

I hope to be sleeved by Dr Bennett in the coming months. No complaints with Dr Bennett or his team at all so far.

Anyone been sleeved by him yet?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr Paul Bennett Goldcoast   Dr Paul Bennett Goldcoast Empty

Back to top Go down

Dr Paul Bennett Goldcoast
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: The Surgeons-
Jump to: