+2
jessied
RXTEK320
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Newbie.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie..   Newbie.. EmptySun 05 Feb 2012, 6:30 pm

Hi, RXTEK320.

I like this site much more than any US board I have read. Since I live out in the sticks, Idaho, I rely on boards as my support group.

When you post weight loss, be helpful to the metric minded and give it both in lb and kg.

Best,

Zoe

Back to top Go down
vanderaj
Part of the furniture
vanderaj

Male
Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2011-10-09

Newbie.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie..   Newbie.. EmptyWed 18 Jan 2012, 10:45 pm

It's the bridge between the US and Canada :) It's not as famous as what I was taking photos of - the Niagara Falls. :)

We lived south of Baltimore in Columbia, Howard County. Prices are good there, and there's lots of things going on. They have a great hospital too, which is part of the Johns Hopkins group.

Back to top Go down
http://www.greebo.net
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

Newbie.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie..   Newbie.. EmptyWed 18 Jan 2012, 10:01 pm

I LOVE New York! I actually was offered a teaching position over there at a Performing Arts High School ( I teach Drama and English, as well as Art), but the cost of living meant that my tiny teaching wage would have barely paid the bills! I was also offered a part in a movie as the grieving mother while I was there! Unfortunately I had a plane to catch the next day, or I would have taken the Director up on his offer...

I have a friend who owns a bar in Queens, and she offered me work there to help supplement my income...I would have earned MORE as a bar tender than as a teacher! LOL! The tips alone were worth more! Apparently New Yorkers LOVE Aussie accents. I had a BALL in New York! I was there in 2004.

I stayed in Queens with my friend for a month.

Anyway, enough about me reminiscing! Welcome to the site! You will find it EXTREMELY helpful and informative. We are mostly Aussies and New Zealanders with a sprinkling of Brits, Yankies, Egyptians, Philipinos and Africans thrown in for good measure. There is always someone about.

Good luck with your journey!

Hello

Back to top Go down
RXTEK320

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-01-18

Newbie.. Empty
PostSubject: hi Vanderaj..   Newbie.. EmptyWed 18 Jan 2012, 4:59 pm

Newbie.. 63412 hi..I am from Long Island..I love NY also but it is too expensive to live here.we are thinking of moving..i do not know where that picture is taken that is u posted..let me know..
Back to top Go down
vanderaj
Part of the furniture
vanderaj

Male

Newbie.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie..   Newbie.. EmptyWed 18 Jan 2012, 12:22 pm

Which part of NY state are you from? I loved going to Buffalo a couple of times and obviously NYC is just the bees knees when someone else is paying the hotel bills :)

Guess which two countries are in this shot? Where am I? :)

Newbie.. Buffal10

Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

Newbie.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie..   Newbie.. EmptyWed 18 Jan 2012, 9:18 am

Welcome to the site and good luck with your surgery. Reading other peoples experiences is a great way to get an insight into life post op. Just keep in mind that procedures may be different in Australia to the US. It is important to follow your own surgeons instructions. Keep us posted of your progress and maybe start a diary. It's amazing how quickly life changes once you have been sleeved.

Kate
Back to top Go down
mamaraptor
Part of the furniture
mamaraptor

Female
Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2011-11-12

Newbie.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie..   Newbie.. EmptyWed 18 Jan 2012, 3:04 am

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!! As a new sleever (19th December) let me tell you that it is totally NORMAL to be scared and upset and nervous and excited and happy all in the space of five minutes!!! Yes, it is a major operation and a choice that you need to make for yourself but let me promise you, I haven't regretted it for one minute! The pain was so worth it!!!!

We are here for you any time you need and trust me when I say, we have all had our own mental-ness and basically, we are all mental! Welcome to the family! xxo

Newbie.. 490917 Newbie.. 490917 Newbie.. 490917
Back to top Go down
RXTEK320

Female

Newbie.. Empty
PostSubject: thanks for the warm welcome..I am gathering alot of info..   Newbie.. EmptyWed 18 Jan 2012, 1:35 am

jessied wrote:
Hi
Welcome to the site. Good luck with your op date.

Keep reading this site and gather as much information as you can while you wait.

Best Wishes
Jessied
Back to top Go down
RXTEK320

Female

Newbie.. Empty
PostSubject: thanks for the warm welcome..I find this group to be terrific so far..as I am getting closer to the surgery I am getting more excited..   Newbie.. EmptyWed 18 Jan 2012, 1:34 am

vanderaj wrote:
Welcome to the forum! You've made a good choice! :)

Main tips pre-op is to give your surgeon the best chance is to do the pre-op diet as best you can. That means as little cheating as possible and daily walks. Did I do that? No, but it really helps if you can give it your all. A smaller liver == less pain, less complications, less gas bubble issues, shorter stay in hospital. Plus if you have a end goal in mind, you're well on your way to a smaller you.

The thing I wished I did is take pre-op photos and measurements. I don't really have any of these. I have taken photos post-op, but my only measurements are my old clothes, which are literally falling off me now.

There are some great folks here, and don't be afraid to ask questions, and read read read!

Good luck with your journey, and I hope to read your diary and if you feel comfortable sharing with us, some pre- and post- photos in the user galleries. :)
Back to top Go down
vanderaj
Part of the furniture
vanderaj

Male

Newbie.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie..   Newbie.. EmptyWed 18 Jan 2012, 1:30 am

Welcome to the forum! You've made a good choice! :)

Main tips pre-op is to give your surgeon the best chance is to do the pre-op diet as best you can. That means as little cheating as possible and daily walks. Did I do that? No, but it really helps if you can give it your all. A smaller liver == less pain, less complications, less gas bubble issues, shorter stay in hospital. Plus if you have a end goal in mind, you're well on your way to a smaller you.

The thing I wished I did is take pre-op photos and measurements. I don't really have any of these. I have taken photos post-op, but my only measurements are my old clothes, which are literally falling off me now.

There are some great folks here, and don't be afraid to ask questions, and read read read!

Good luck with your journey, and I hope to read your diary and if you feel comfortable sharing with us, some pre- and post- photos in the user galleries. :)
Back to top Go down
jessied
Part of the furniture
jessied

Female
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2011-02-12

Newbie.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie..   Newbie.. EmptyWed 18 Jan 2012, 1:29 am

Hi
Welcome to the site. Good luck with your op date.

Keep reading this site and gather as much information as you can while you wait.

Best Wishes
Jessied
Back to top Go down
RXTEK320

Female

Newbie.. Empty
PostSubject: Newbie..   Newbie.. EmptyWed 18 Jan 2012, 1:19 am

Hi everyone..I am brand new to this group..I have done alot of reading and you all have been so very helpful..I have a little while till my sleeve and am checking out every possible resource concerning the surgery and life afterwards..I am scheduled to have the surgery on March 6,2012 but am going through all the pre-testing and pre-regulations for insurance to cover the surgery..I am hoping that they will move up the surgery date as I am almost done with the pre-testing and would love to get on with my New Life..thank you to all who write in and if you have any tips let me know..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newbie.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie..   Newbie.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: