4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ellen50
Ellen50

Female
Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2012-01-21

Sleeve Surgery Date!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleeve Surgery Date!!   Sleeve Surgery Date!! EmptyFri 27 Jan 2012, 11:24 am

Hey Suzy

I sooooo hear you re what others think! Tonight we were out at the Huskisson Pub (1st time since they began renovations) and because my daughter, 11, who is 5'9" and wears 9.5 ladies shoes, asked for a slice of the pizza I purchased for everyone.... Wow... did my husband giver her a hard time! He's so concerned she'll end up like me.... thinking it will all be ok with the surgery, that she doesn't need to worry about her weight. ... Ahem... Like I'm now 50.... she's 11.... and it doesn't work like that. Gawd I could thump him! Talk about raining on a good night out. He and his parents are pretty one eyed where it comes to weight... they are Italian background and will silently pick behind the scenes..... Can't they just be happy? Crikey!!

I love rabbit food, btw, but I also love the naughty stuff too! hehee and lleprobably too many drinky poos. I, like you, can't wait to be feeling fab by next Christmas :) Afterall, it was this one that really made the decision never to go back!

Cheers

Ellen Sleeve Surgery Date!! 369315

Suzy Blue wrote:
Ellen

Hope your appointment goes really well, and you get a Surgery date soon.

I to am in my 50's and suffered all my life with the circle of weight loss. Also had the high blood pressure, the onset of diabetes etc. I was absolutely sick of people telling me I should loose weight. I lost 20 kgs 3 years ago, but with a lot of exercise and eating lots of rabbit food. Unfortunately my Husband was hospitalised for 4 weeks yep stress does it everytime and back goes the 20 kgs. I was mortified - so had the band. Look the band worked real well for awhile and I cannot grumble that I lost 23 kgs.

I am so looking forward to having a better quality eating pattern and no stuck moments, vomiting etc. Roll on sleeve date!!!!!!!.

Bring on next summer, cannot wait to buy a new wardrobe of clothes, and be overweight no more.

Suzy Blue
Back to top Go down
http://www.stores.ebay.com.au/extremeshoppingonline
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve Surgery Date!!   Sleeve Surgery Date!! EmptyFri 27 Jan 2012, 9:20 am

Ellen

Hope your appointment goes really well, and you get a Surgery date soon.

I to am in my 50's and suffered all my life with the circle of weight loss. Also had the high blood pressure, the onset of diabetes etc. I was absolutely sick of people telling me I should loose weight. I lost 20 kgs 3 years ago, but with a lot of exercise and eating lots of rabbit food. Unfortunately my Husband was hospitalised for 4 weeks yep stress does it everytime and back goes the 20 kgs. I was mortified - so had the band. Look the band worked real well for awhile and I cannot grumble that I lost 23 kgs.

I am so looking forward to having a better quality eating pattern and no stuck moments, vomiting etc. Roll on sleeve date!!!!!!!.

Bring on next summer, cannot wait to buy a new wardrobe of clothes, and be overweight no more.

Suzy Blue
Back to top Go down
Ellen50
Ellen50

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve Surgery Date!!   Sleeve Surgery Date!! EmptyThu 26 Jan 2012, 10:44 pm

Suzy Blue wrote:
Hi Ellen

Well home safe and sound without my BAND. Bit sore have 3 incisions. Back to see Surgeon in 4 weeks to get date for sleeve.

My Surgeon was Justin Greenslopes, Greenslopes Private.

Feeling much better today, just a little sore. Cannot eat big meals just chew chew and chew, do not want to put any weight on.

Surgeon said I did not have to do OPTI YUK, but might do it 2 weeks before Surgery!!!!

Take Care

SB

Good to hear Suzy! Was it a day surgery op? You are very disciplined to stay on opti for 2 weeks.... I've bought that many diet shake supplements that you honestly get over them! I was taking Rapid Loss because it made the mixture sort of set in your stomach, making you less hungry. Drinking chocolate every morning, or vanilla - blerk!! or cappucino flavour was making me gag after a while. Plus the side effects were awful bowel motions...

I can't wait for my appointment next week. My husband blabbed at a family function yesterday and I had 3 adults sitting with me at the table then, trying to talk me out of it. None of them have had real weight issues in their lives, so it's very easy to come up with all the well intentioned suggestions under the sun. I remained firm in my resolve and said that I'd done plenty of thinking about it, researched & researched it, Sleeve Surgery Date!! 725676 and that my mind was made up.

I want to get off this yo yo weight gain-loss-gain more I've been on my entire adult life. I'm 50 now and I don't want to continue worrying about it every waking moment :) Does that make sense ? I know it does to me Sleeve Surgery Date!! 63412

Good for you in making the second step to a much better you.

Cheers

Ellen
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve Surgery Date!!   Sleeve Surgery Date!! EmptyThu 26 Jan 2012, 9:54 am

Hi Ellen

Well home safe and sound without my BAND. Bit sore have 3 incisions. Back to see Surgeon in 4 weeks to get date for sleeve.

My Surgeon was Justin Greenslopes, Greenslopes Private.

Feeling much better today, just a little sore. Cannot eat big meals just chew chew and chew, do not want to put any weight on.

Surgeon said I did not have to do OPTI YUK, but might do it 2 weeks before Surgery!!!!

Take Care

SB
Back to top Go down
Ellen50
Ellen50

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve Surgery Date!!   Sleeve Surgery Date!! EmptySun 22 Jan 2012, 7:47 am

Suzy Blue wrote:
Hi Ellen and welcome.

I too am a Newbie to this site, having my band out Monday 23rd, cannot wait. I lost 23 kilos (I think by just starving myself) but have not moved any weight for a good 5 months now (so depressing). Cannot wait to have the sleeve. I will have to wait the 8 weeks after Surgery before my Surgeon will Sleeve me,

Good luck.

Suzy Blue

Hi Suzy

Lovely to meet you! Sounds like another story where the lapband hasn't worked long term :) I'm glad you know it's only another 2 months to wait for your sleeve. Who is doing it for you?

Cheers

Ellen :)
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve Surgery Date!!   Sleeve Surgery Date!! EmptySun 22 Jan 2012, 7:01 am

Hi Ellen and welcome.

I too am a Newbie to this site, having my band out Monday 23rd, cannot wait. I lost 23 kilos (I think by just starving myself) but have not moved any weight for a good 5 months now (so depressing). Cannot wait to have the sleeve. I will have to wait the 8 weeks after Surgery before my Surgeon will Sleeve me,

Good luck.

Suzy Blue
Back to top Go down
Ellen50
Ellen50

Female

PostSubject: Newbie here...    Sleeve Surgery Date!! EmptySat 21 Jan 2012, 9:08 am

Suzy Blue wrote:
Congrates bride to be,

Maybe I will be a March Sleecver to, will have to wait to see what Dr J. says.

Good luck

Suzy Blue

Hi everyone!

My name is Ellen and I live on NSW South Coast. After spending another xmas fretting over my weight, I decided to look in earnest at what my surgical options were. I wasn't keen on a lapband due to my sister & cousins having gained more weight than ever with them. When I read about the gastric sleeve, I knew it was for me. I've watched youtube videos of ladies thrilled with their results, all I needed was a surgeon who was happy to operate with BMI 37.

I've got my appointment in Bowral 3 February and from what I gather, if they accept me, it's just a matter of booking in the surgery. I'm not privately insured, so it's going to be a fair old sting in the hip pocket! But I look at how much money I've spent thus far trying to lose weight and see it as an investment in my life :)

Congratulations to the ladies who had their ops recently! I'm looking forward to reading your success stories too.

Cheers, Ellen Sleeve Surgery Date!! 63412
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve Surgery Date!!   Sleeve Surgery Date!! EmptyThu 19 Jan 2012, 8:58 am

Congrates bride to be,

Maybe I will be a March Sleecver to, will have to wait to see what Dr J. says.

Good luck

Suzy Blue
Back to top Go down
bride_to_be_1980

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2011-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve Surgery Date!!   Sleeve Surgery Date!! EmptyTue 17 Jan 2012, 12:21 pm

YAY ! I got mine booked in today. Getting sleeved on 6th February 2012.

HM, Im in Brisbane aswell and have roughly the same BMI.

Maybe we can keep eachother in check...

PS..How do I do the tickers ?
Back to top Go down
Healthymum
Healthymum

Female
Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Sleeve Surgery Date!!   Sleeve Surgery Date!! EmptyMon 16 Jan 2012, 12:17 am

Whoo Hoo!! Got my surgery date - 2nd April, 2012 - Bring it on!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve Surgery Date!!   Sleeve Surgery Date!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Sleeve Surgery Date!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Calendar Entries-
Jump to: