AuthorMessage
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Pindarra Private Hospital - Gold Coast Empty
PostSubject: Pindarra Private Hospital - Gold Coast   Pindarra Private Hospital - Gold Coast EmptyMon 09 Jan 2012, 10:03 pm

I have nothing but praise for this hospital and its staff. Having spent almost 3 months in hospital I found the nursing staff to be caring and involved with their patients. When faced with additional surgery, the staff took the time to listen to my fears and went out of their way to ensure that my anxiety was reduced before surgery. From the cleaners to wardsmen to nurses to nurse unit managers to ICU and A & E Doctors - everyone cared. My only whinge is the housekeeping - these staff habitually opened the door of a nil by mouth patient (me) to ask if I wanted a meal - very fustrating.
Back to top Go down
lulumac
Part of the furniture
lulumac

Female
Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2011-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Pindarra Private Hospital - Gold Coast   Pindarra Private Hospital - Gold Coast EmptyMon 09 Jan 2012, 10:21 pm

That is true with the staff (bar one who was having a snarly day), even the very chatty one who "drove" my wheelchair like a Ferrari to the Xray dept for my swallow test. It would have been a thrilling themepark ride in and out of lifts and up and down ramps, corridors and even past the coffee shop except I was still nil by mouth due to extreme nausea!

Only funny now! lol

And the same housekeeping people kept barging in too - yes, I want a full Continental breakfast, a Mimosa and a manicure! Now geddout!

Dr Jordaan and his staff were marvellous - looked after me incredibly well.
Back to top Go down
mandi5508
Part of the furniture
mandi5508

Female
Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2011-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Pindarra Private Hospital - Gold Coast   Pindarra Private Hospital - Gold Coast EmptyMon 09 Jan 2012, 10:49 pm

I totally agree with you both. Also same with housekeeping, there was one who came in asked if i wanted breakfast then Oh sorry didn't see the nil by mouth sign!!!
Back to top Go down
SisterKiKi

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2012-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Pindarra Private Hospital - Gold Coast   Pindarra Private Hospital - Gold Coast EmptyTue 18 Dec 2012, 6:59 am

I was in Pindarra for 3 days, discharged on Sunday. Dr Jordaan and all the staff were wonderful. Special thanks to nurses Ella, Bec & Litti. All were fantastic but these three just couldn't do enough for you and were really busy. I had a lovely, quiet room in 1C. Pain relief and constant cups of ice were available whenever I needed them.

The only thing I would change was I kept being given these sickly sweet jellies and custards. Yuk. I still can't think about them without being nauseous! Started back on the optifast when I got home and feel much better.

Now Day 5 and just starting to feel almost normal again :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pindarra Private Hospital - Gold Coast   Pindarra Private Hospital - Gold Coast Empty

Back to top Go down

Pindarra Private Hospital - Gold Coast
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Hospitals-
Jump to: