AuthorMessage
Melinda38
Part of the furniture
Melinda38

Female
Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Newbie from the Gold Coast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from the Gold Coast   Newbie from the Gold Coast EmptySun 08 Jan 2012, 6:08 am

Hi Suzie

Welcome to the site. You'll do well. I've never had the band but know heaps who have at most are swapping to the sleeve. All the best with your journey. You'll find lots of information and support here.
Back to top Go down
formyboys
formyboys

Female
Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2011-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from the Gold Coast   Newbie from the Gold Coast EmptySun 08 Jan 2012, 5:45 am

Hi there!

i will tell you soon if the sleeve is a better idea, i have mine on tuesday after having my band taken out oct last year. i waited and waited for the weight loss to start again after soon time and lots of issues, adjustments, excuses and finally come to the conclussion that it just wasnt gunna work for me anymore. i gainned back all my weight plus more but that also has to do with medication and depression, having twins blar blar blar.

good luck with your appt

Bek
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from the Gold Coast   Newbie from the Gold Coast EmptySun 08 Jan 2012, 2:01 am

You will lose weight with the sleeve.

If I understand correctly, it is easy to 'eat around' the lap band? Well, eventually, you can introduce naughty things to your sleeve, but because the appetite has decreased, as well as the ability to drink a lot, you actually lose weight by eating small, but nutritious food that fills you! I find my tastes have changed a lot! I lost most of my weight within 6 months of being sleeved, but EVERYONE is different. My surgeon said the less you have to lose, the more successful your sleeve is. I have lost nearly 100 percent of my excess weight, starting at 94kg.
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from the Gold Coast   Newbie from the Gold Coast EmptySun 08 Jan 2012, 2:01 am

Hi Suzy Blue and welcome. I haven't had a band so I can't give you any personal opinions. Maybe check out the band to sleeve thread as there is plenty of people on this forum that have gone from one to the other. Good luck with everything.

Kate
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-11-15

PostSubject: Newbie from the Gold Coast   Newbie from the Gold Coast EmptySun 08 Jan 2012, 1:54 am

Hi Everyone just like to introduce myself.

I am 57, Cw 83 - I have had a Lap band for the past 13 months, unfortunately for some people myself included it is not a good option. Heaps of problems I had an infected port, lots of vomiting, stuck moments, fills unfills etc,

My starting weight was 106 kg now 83, I lost that weight in the first 10 months then I haved stalled. Dont ask me why, becasue I dont know. My Dietician is not for the band either and has also put her 2 cents in about the sleeve.

After reading and trolling this fantastic forum I have come to the conclusion that I am completely over the band, and have made an appointment next week with my Surgeon to discuss going from sleeve to band.

Am I doing the right thing, I dont want to be in the same position forever dieting and no weight loss?

Suzy Blue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from the Gold Coast   Newbie from the Gold Coast Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie from the Gold Coast
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: