8 posters
AuthorMessage
LeanneR
LeanneR

Female
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-09-29

5 weeks post op!!! and doing great!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 weeks post op!!! and doing great!!!!   5 weeks post op!!! and doing great!!!! EmptySat 07 Jan 2012, 4:30 am

thanks everyone! i feel great too! i go back to work on the 13th of Jan. one of the perks of being a school cleaner? you get 5 weeks off over christmas!!!! plus 1 week every other school holidays.

i'm looking forward to seeing all my teachers reactions when they see me. all of them haven't seen me since 3 days before i had the surgery. one teacher in particular i would like to see. he had a roux en y last year after i told him about my hubby's surgery and his success. the teacher lost 75kg's!!!! he had plastic surgery to remove 10-15kgs of excess skin on the 21st of Nov! i haven't seen him yet, i'm looking forward to it.

i know a lot of people would have probably told you this already, just remember that everyone IS different! i saw what my hubby went thru and was soo surprised that my experience was soo different. he was on morphine for 32hrs. i had little bit in the drip or some tablets when i could. he was nauseas a lot. i had nothing. he couldn't sip water till the next day, i was sipping water that afternoon.he had a drain, i didn't. and he couldn't get up till the next day. i was up and using the loo that afternoon (i walked to the loo which was out in the corridor with the help of a walker and a nurse beside me, but i didn't think i needed it so i walked back by myself without a walker and the nurse trying to catch up behind me lol). i was in ICU for my diabete's, high blood pressure and a very mild sleep aponea so i had nurses round the clock checking on me.

i did feel a lot of pain when i woke up, but it eased after a couple of days to just mild pain. but i woke up with a really bad pain in my back that was worse than the stomach pain! i still feel a little bit of the back pain every now and then (only mildly) but when i'm full i feel it in my back so i know when to stop. oh and make sure (the ones that are still waiting to be sleeved) to eat a little and wait till it has gone down (don't hock into your food) i've found that it takes a few sec's to feel the food go down, then i can see if i'm full or need another tsp. depending on what you eat too. i can eat 100g sorbet or fruit and yoghurt ice creams or a 100g custard tub for a snack or meal, but if i have bolognese or lasagne or something like that then i can only have between 1/4 -1/2 a cup for now.

well i'll keep updating when i can. we've had soo much happen in the last 2 months! Nov-Dec we bought a house. i had my surgery on the 5th of Dec, my brother-in-law had carpal tunnel surgery on the 8th of Dec, my father-in-law had knee surgery on the 9th of Dec. we moved into our house on the 12th of Dec, hubby had back surgery on the 22nd of Dec and we had christmas day in our house! it's been a month of surgeries for our family! hubby is doing great, it was only mild surgery. he had a bulging disk about L4 L5 which pinched the psyatic nerve. he had muscle pain all down his righ leg and started to feel pain in his left leg too. he can't curl his toes upwards on his right foot because of nerve damage, he'll need physio to help with that. so he's home recovering really well.

till next time.
Back to top Go down
Cherrypie
Cherrypie

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2011-08-21

PostSubject: Re: 5 weeks post op!!! and doing great!!!!   5 weeks post op!!! and doing great!!!! EmptySat 07 Jan 2012, 12:07 am

Well done, Leanne! You're going great guns 5 weeks post op!!! and doing great!!!! 542174
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: 5 weeks post op!!! and doing great!!!!   5 weeks post op!!! and doing great!!!! EmptyFri 06 Jan 2012, 10:31 pm

Fantastic news that you are doing so well Leanne.

Health issues was the main reason I was sleeved. Isn't it great getting off some of your meds. Woo Hoo!!!!

5 weeks post op!!! and doing great!!!! 446871 5 weeks post op!!! and doing great!!!! 217555
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: 5 weeks post op!!! and doing great!!!!   5 weeks post op!!! and doing great!!!! EmptyFri 06 Jan 2012, 6:42 pm

That's great news Leanne. You must feel so good. Reducing meds was one of my main reasons for being sleeved so I know how you feel. Keep up the great work, your weight loss is fantastic.

Kate
Back to top Go down
Bella77
Part of the furniture
Bella77

Female
Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: 5 weeks post op!!! and doing great!!!!   5 weeks post op!!! and doing great!!!! EmptyFri 06 Jan 2012, 5:05 pm

WOW leanne thats fantastic weight loss in 5 weeks. Well done and congratulations. I get my sleeve in 18 days and I can't wait. I have had a band that went wrong and a long journey to get from there to here so reading positivestories like yours inspires me. well done. Keep us posted how you go.
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: 5 weeks post op!!! and doing great!!!!   5 weeks post op!!! and doing great!!!! EmptyFri 06 Jan 2012, 7:11 am

That's great! How is hubby coping now?
Back to top Go down
kimmi

Female
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-12-22

PostSubject: Re: 5 weeks post op!!! and doing great!!!!   5 weeks post op!!! and doing great!!!! EmptyFri 06 Jan 2012, 6:51 am

5 weeks post op!!! and doing great!!!! 217555 Hi Leanne wow that is super and to have lost that much weight already must be feeling great ....i have had banding gone wrong had it fixed and replaced more than once now im getting it out and going for sleeving you guys all inspire me i have a appointment in 2 weeks with the surgon i no i have to wait about 10 weeks once they remove my band but hell im here for the long hall and cant wait to start my new journey keep up the great work and i will be looking out on here to see how you getting on cheers Kimmi
Back to top Go down
http://url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6JKlCv/] [i
Ryjackmama
Part of the furniture
Ryjackmama

Female
Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Re: 5 weeks post op!!! and doing great!!!!   5 weeks post op!!! and doing great!!!! EmptyFri 06 Jan 2012, 6:24 am

Hi Leanne,
Glad to hear you're having a smooth run through the first few weeks post-op! And 20kg already, that's fantastic! 5 weeks post op!!! and doing great!!!! 446871

Back to top Go down
LeanneR
LeanneR

Female
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: 5 weeks post op!!! and doing great!!!!   5 weeks post op!!! and doing great!!!! EmptyFri 06 Jan 2012, 5:56 am

hi everyone! i had my sleeve on the 5th of Dec!!! yay!!! finally!!!

i feel like it has been a breeze for me. i have had a far different experience than my husband!

i am now onto the soft food diet, which basically is the ongoing part. i haven't had any troubles with food, only if i eat a tiny bit too much i have to bring it up. but that's only been twice.

before the operation i had high diabete's, high blood pressure, cholesterol and PCOS (polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) i had 3 tablets for both diabete's and high blood pressure. i now only have 1 each + my other meds (i've gone from taking 15 tablets a day to 9)

before the surgery & pre op diet i weighed 136kg i now weigh 116kgs!!!!! i haven't been this weight in 9-10 yrs!!!

other than feeling like a baloon defflating! i feel great. i actually feel like i haven't had the surgery at all. the only thing that reminds me other than the scars is when i eat i get full after a few mouth fulls.

i am soo glad i got the surgery done! i wish i had the money to be able to have it done when my hubby did but it was well worth the weight!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5 weeks post op!!! and doing great!!!!   5 weeks post op!!! and doing great!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

5 weeks post op!!! and doing great!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: