AuthorMessage
lulumac
Part of the furniture
lulumac

Female
Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2011-10-15

What another "Professor" said about sleeving Empty
PostSubject: Re: What another "Professor" said about sleeving   What another "Professor" said about sleeving EmptySun 01 Jan 2012, 12:01 pm

I tried Hypnoband therapy in 2011 - did absolutely nothing for me except take my hard-earned money.
Back to top Go down
SassyMummy
Part of the furniture
SassyMummy

Female
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-08-21

PostSubject: Re: What another "Professor" said about sleeving   What another "Professor" said about sleeving EmptySun 01 Jan 2012, 11:12 am

I think I read this elsewhere on the web... hello! *waves* :)

If it were banned, people wouldn't still be having the sleeve done all over Australia... and while it's dangerous, it's not really any more dangerous than a billion other procedures being done... if it were incredibly dangerous, I'd guess most of the members here would be in serious trouble... and so far it seems most people come out the other side without dying/ending up with some horrible crippling side-effect/etc.

Leaks are dangerous - but they're rare.
Back to top Go down
http://randomchickrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/
janelou29
Part of the furniture
janelou29

Female
Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: What another "Professor" said about sleeving   What another "Professor" said about sleeving EmptySat 31 Dec 2011, 9:57 am

Hi rebekahp,

you can chase this up. This information is incorrect, so you could;

1. ring the Dr's rooms and say you are just researching different types of WLS and wondering what their recommendation is - this will tell you if the information you got is correct. See if this Dr is so against the Sleeve, his secretary will probably tell you that.

2. You could also say something leading like..'I have heard of a procedure called the sleeve? or something lie that? Is this done in Australia, who does it" etc etc, act like you have no information and you will find out very quickly where the practices preferences lie.

3. If they do say it is banned (which I doubt because all someone needs to do is put a call into the HCC (Health Complaints Commission) or the AMA -Australia Medical Association and the Dr would be in trouble. A medical professional would not be too likely to make this sort of a statement, which is unfounded as he would come unstuck very quickly.

I think what has happened, as often do with Chinese whispers is that someone has said 'I think it should be banned' This comment may simply have been made by a staff member, not the Dr himself, put that together with a very concerned MIL and you have this situation that is so untrue and not based on fact at all.

It is a really scary operation and it took me 18 months to make my decision - because of my health background I really was paranoid - but it does my head in to have misinformation out there- I made my decision and that was mine to make, but we all have a responsibility to be non biased and factual so that everyone has access to the best information so they can make the decision that is right for them.

Phew!! I need a drink now!!
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: What another "Professor" said about sleeving   What another "Professor" said about sleeving EmptySat 31 Dec 2011, 6:01 am

OMG - you really have to wonder about some things, don't you?
Back to top Go down
rebekahp
rebekahp

Female
Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: What another "Professor" said about sleeving   What another "Professor" said about sleeving EmptySat 31 Dec 2011, 4:03 am

MIL is very worried about my upcoming sleeving. She spoke to a friend of hers who has been banded twice. This woman's Dr is the Australian pioneer of banding in the 1990's, I won't mention his name. What another "Professor" said about sleeving 314562

Anyways, this woman asked him about the sleeve & his response was that it is no longer allowed in Australia (I think she used the term banned), it is permanent (no shit) and very dangerous.

Granted I wasn't there, so I am guessing there could be a case of broken telephone (or band lol). If this Dr did indeed say these things about sleeving, I find it very unprofessional and spreading misinformation. This Dr ONLY bands, he doesn't perform any other WLS.

Anyways, thought I would share this. Funnily enough, the 2 x bander suggested I try hypno banding first. I'm guessing it is not successful, otherwise she wouldn't have needed banding twice....

It irritates me when I hear this rot & certainly doesn't deter me....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What another "Professor" said about sleeving   What another "Professor" said about sleeving Empty

Back to top Go down

What another "Professor" said about sleeving
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: