11 posters
AuthorMessage
kylieo
kylieo

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2011-04-02

stretching my sleeve Empty
PostSubject: Re: stretching my sleeve   stretching my sleeve EmptyThu 29 Dec 2011, 10:20 pm

thanks everyone i had forgotton how good surrport this forum is
its good to read all your post and relize im not the only one
thanks
kylie
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: stretching my sleeve   stretching my sleeve EmptyThu 29 Dec 2011, 9:25 pm

Yep, me too. It IS that time of year, and it's very difficult not to overeat. However for me, it has been like this for the whole year, not just the last few weeks. I am finding it impossible to get back on track, and the further away I get from my sleeve op, the harder it seems to be. I can eat lots more, and can eat again much earlier than before.

My advice to anyone less than a year out - this is your easiest time, so get back on track and kick the sugar habit as soon as you can - it will stand you in good stead for later.

My advice to myself and others in my position - yeah, it does feel like the old days, with diets and overeating and bingeing - but the fact is that you have lost heaps of weight already, and it IS easier to stop now, physically. It's the psychological that's definitely the problem now. Therapy or not, I'm guessing it's like any other drug - "JUST SAY NO".
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: stretching my sleeve   stretching my sleeve EmptyThu 29 Dec 2011, 7:50 pm

Oh yes. Its like I could have written all of your messages!

Ive been picking, picking and picking. Because its there.

Home now with no much damage to be done here.

Lets hope it will come off again. Ive gained a little bit and NOT HAPPY JAN.
Back to top Go down
Isis
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: stretching my sleeve   stretching my sleeve EmptyThu 29 Dec 2011, 9:07 am

Hmm yes, chocolates and berries and cream have been my naughties this xmas. I have been pretty well behaved though and said no a lot of the time. I am also finding myself able to eat an alarmingly large meal compared to before (without feeling my full feeling properly). I want to go back to my tummy size 6 months ago :(
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: stretching my sleeve   stretching my sleeve EmptyThu 29 Dec 2011, 7:31 am

i would suggest keeping a food diary and monitoring what your eating and how much/when,this will help you keep on track and be accountable for what you are eating.It helps me when I need to reassess!

If you have stopped eating protien as the main food and have started eating suagry/fatty foods you will definately notice a change in how you feel-usually it makes you feel sluggish/sick.

Go back to protien as your main food and keep up your water intake to get back on track-it will fill you up and curb binging

cheers

shelly

ps over xmas i was pretty good,better than any other year-my mum made prawn skewers (kebabs) with veges on them and put them on the bbq-they were yummo and just my size!!
Back to top Go down
Cherrypie
Cherrypie

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2011-08-21

PostSubject: Re: stretching my sleeve   stretching my sleeve EmptyThu 29 Dec 2011, 7:04 am

Yup, I hear you! I've been eating all the naughty things over Christmas, snacking on this and that just because it's there. And I'm feeling really sluggish because of it. I've made a concerted effort today to get back to my high protein low carb diet, and hopefully will feel better for it tomorrow. I've signed up for a couple of 5km walk/runs in March and April, and I'd really like to be able to run them, so I've started a beginner's running program today.
Back to top Go down
CareBear
Part of the furniture
CareBear

Female
Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: stretching my sleeve   stretching my sleeve EmptyWed 28 Dec 2011, 10:49 pm

I have been snacking on junk too. Threw away shortbread biscuits & have given away chocolates, a fruit cake, brandy baskets and pavlova nests. - far too tempting for me - especially while on holidays.
Back to top Go down
HayleyGriffiths
HayleyGriffiths

Female
Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2011-03-21

PostSubject: Re: stretching my sleeve   stretching my sleeve EmptyWed 28 Dec 2011, 8:49 pm

I have been the smae. Snacking on all the christmas goodies. I am trying to get back on track now but is hard when all the bad stuff is in the house isnt it.
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: stretching my sleeve   stretching my sleeve EmptyWed 28 Dec 2011, 11:06 am

I too have been eating all the wrong things, Christmas and the lead up to new year has been dreadful, and I am eating choccie like there is no tomorrow! I seem to be PICKING all evening! I am doing a thousand piece jigsaw, and the choccie just seems to go down so well!

I am naughty!

But I KNOW I can get back on track! Why are all the bad things so easy to eat? *sigh*

I am not going to worry too much, but come the New Year, I am resolved!

I am basically just TRYING to eat healthily. My tiny tummy won't fit much salad or steak in, but boy oh boy does it love lollies and choccie!

Last edited by gottarhyme on Thu 29 Dec 2011, 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: stretching my sleeve   stretching my sleeve EmptyWed 28 Dec 2011, 10:45 am

Hi Kylie. You say in your post that you have been binging and you also feel sick all the time. Maybe these two things are related. Your new tiny tummy may need a rest from food. I know just over Xmas day and boxing day alone my tummy was very sore and the next day I ate very little and only ate soft foods to give it a break.
Back to top Go down
mum of four (bec)
Part of the furniture
mum of four (bec)

Female
Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2011-04-23

PostSubject: Re: stretching my sleeve   stretching my sleeve EmptyWed 28 Dec 2011, 9:45 am

No answers I'm afraid but I can relate to how you are feeling. I'm 6 months out also and have lost just over 50kg but this last fortnight with my birthday, christmas, leftovers and baking, i seem to be eating all the right things. Today I have eating chips and chocolate and eating before I am hungry. I keep telling myself that tomorrow I will eat properly but it feels like all those diets I started, that just had to start tomorrow! stretching my sleeve 595690 Feeling quite disappointed in myself!
Back to top Go down
kylieo
kylieo

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2011-04-02

PostSubject: stretching my sleeve   stretching my sleeve EmptyWed 28 Dec 2011, 9:33 am

hi everyone

it seams lately that i am binging again, and this makes me very scared that im going to stretch my sleeve, can this be done easily and can you shrink it again or once its stretched that is it.

also im 6 mths out and have lost 40kg but seam to feel sick all the time, thought must not be eating right. sorry to winge just feel alittle lost as the weight has been just falling off me so easy now hunger has come back and so have old habits that i thought i had lost.

kyliestretching my sleeve 697586
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stretching my sleeve   stretching my sleeve Empty

Back to top Go down

stretching my sleeve
Page 1 of 1