AuthorMessage
mandi5508
Part of the furniture
mandi5508

Female
Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2011-04-05

Newbie - Operation Booked for 20th January Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie - Operation Booked for 20th January   Newbie - Operation Booked for 20th January EmptySun 01 Jan 2012, 9:51 am

Hi Fruitloop1977, to come and join us in the January sleevers. When you are on the home page select The Sleever's Monthly and January is in there, just introduce yourself and kat in the hat, who started the thread will add you to the list.

I have only got 4 days to go now, getting nervous and excited!!
Back to top Go down
fruitloop1977

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - Operation Booked for 20th January   Newbie - Operation Booked for 20th January EmptySun 01 Jan 2012, 9:36 am

Thanks Kate - you are so right that the first couple days are the hardest. I am feeling better about it, after sitting with my husband & daughter at dinner and them eating spaghetti and me just having a salad. Also hubby commented on how he had noticed how well I was doing - which meant alot.

Linnea - when do you meet Dr D? I can't believe my surgery is so close now - its freaking me out in an excited way of course!

Mac - it looks like we are on countdown together! To get added to the January Sleever's where do I go?
Back to top Go down
mackie
mackie

Female
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2011-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - Operation Booked for 20th January   Newbie - Operation Booked for 20th January EmptySun 01 Jan 2012, 8:16 am

Thank you Kate, your last comment really put the challenge of doing opti into perspective for me...the last time I will have to diet like this again. I am starting Opti on Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - Operation Booked for 20th January   Newbie - Operation Booked for 20th January EmptySun 01 Jan 2012, 7:32 am

Kate I found the first few days on opti the hardest as well. For me it got easier and I hope it does for you too. Just remember it's only for a few weeks and the last time you will ever have to diet like this again. Not long to go now.

Kate
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: hi   Newbie - Operation Booked for 20th January EmptySun 01 Jan 2012, 7:01 am

Hi Kate,

will have to keep in touch. Dr D will be doing my surgery and I haven't meet him yet.

:) Linnea
Back to top Go down
fruitloop1977

Female

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - Operation Booked for 20th January   Newbie - Operation Booked for 20th January EmptySun 01 Jan 2012, 6:19 am

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.

I have started my optifast today and am struggling a bit. I remember from past experience that the first couple of days are the hardest.

I still can't believe my surgery date is only 19 days away - now! Yikes!

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
mac.calder
mac.calder

Male
Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2011-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - Operation Booked for 20th January   Newbie - Operation Booked for 20th January EmptyTue 27 Dec 2011, 12:34 am

Hey Kate

Welcome - the 20th is my Sleeve Date too - only 23 and a half more days!

As was mentioned, January Sleevers has a fair group of people who will all be walking down this road with us, so there will be lots of sympathetic ears in there as the Jan Sleevers get put under the knife.

-Mac
Back to top Go down
Eringirl
Part of the furniture
Eringirl

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - Operation Booked for 20th January   Newbie - Operation Booked for 20th January EmptyMon 26 Dec 2011, 10:32 pm

hi there Kate

welcome to the forum and i wish you the very best in your op and hope all goes well for you as i am sure it will. You are blessed to have a small sleeve networking group of friends and family that you will be able to call upon if needed. they may become a very valuable source of support and info for you.

what a wonderous 2012 you may have.

well wishes

Erin
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - Operation Booked for 20th January   Newbie - Operation Booked for 20th January EmptyMon 26 Dec 2011, 8:22 pm

Hello Kate and welcome to the forum.

Congrats on your decision to be sleeved, you are very lucky to have a little group of friends/family to support you along your journey who have, been there, done that, as they say. Networking with other sleevers, I feel, is an important part of the journey.

Once your husband sees how happy and healthy the sleeve makes you, he will be just fine. People who have not had weight issues and battled for years have no idea.

Wishing you all the best for your surgery and journey.

Newbie - Operation Booked for 20th January 217555 Newbie - Operation Booked for 20th January 217555
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - Operation Booked for 20th January   Newbie - Operation Booked for 20th January EmptyMon 26 Dec 2011, 8:02 pm

From one Kate to another, welcome to the forum. You will find heaps of info and friendly supportive people here. I'm sure once you've had your op and your hubby starts to see the results he will be much happier about it. I think my hubby decided that this surgery was right for me before I did. The 20th will be here before you know it. Maybe start a diary in The Diary section to keep track of your progress. I was amazed at how quickly things changed for me once I started losing some weight. Good luck with everything and keep us posted on your progress.

Kate
Back to top Go down
kat in a hat
kat in a hat

Female
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2011-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - Operation Booked for 20th January   Newbie - Operation Booked for 20th January EmptyMon 26 Dec 2011, 1:52 pm

Hi Kate!!

Welcome, and don't forget to pop in and say hi in the january sleevers thread, we are all counting down the days until our surgeries!!

Newbie - Operation Booked for 20th January 473426
Back to top Go down
fruitloop1977

Female

PostSubject: Newbie - Operation Booked for 20th January   Newbie - Operation Booked for 20th January EmptyMon 26 Dec 2011, 10:18 am

Hello Everyone!!!

I'm Kate, I'm 34 and live in SA!

I'm being sleeved on the 20th January at Calvary Hospital in Adelaide with Dr D'Onfrio. I am absolutely terrified of the surgery - which is really weird as I have had surgery before and wasn't even nervous - I think the thing that has changed the most for me is that I have a young daughter who is turning 2 in a couple of months. I'm just scared of something going wrong & me not being there. I know its silly but I can't help it!

I start Optifast on the 1st and figure it is quite fitting as this is the "Year of Kate". I am on a mission to get myself healthy & happy. I have always battled with my weight and have succeeded in losing 40kgs, 3 times in my adult life only to put it all back on. I just can't maintain a healthy weight. This has caused us great difficulty in us conceiving & I am hoping with the surgery & weight loss I can fall pregnant naturally this time.

My hubby is supportive of this decision but I can sense that he is also a bit disappointed that I am going down this track. He just doesn't understand because he has never had to battle his weight. I am sure once I am sleeved and my weight starts going in the right direction he will be okay.

4 of my close friends/family have had the sleeve done & all have had fabulous results and are very supportive of my choice. I can see how wonderful everyone is on this forum.

Thanks for listening.
x
Kate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - Operation Booked for 20th January   Newbie - Operation Booked for 20th January Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie - Operation Booked for 20th January
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: