5 posters
AuthorMessage
slowlysinking
slowlysinking

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2011-02-04

How and when do I pay the gap? Empty
PostSubject: How and when do I pay the gap?   How and when do I pay the gap? EmptyMon 19 Dec 2011, 1:20 am

My surgeon has estimated a 4.5k bill at the end of my surgery, but what I'm wondering is, when do I pay this? Is it a lump sum? Is it before or after surgery?

I'm waiting for a phone call back with answers, but thought I would ask here.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Smurfette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Smurfette

Female
Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Re: How and when do I pay the gap?   How and when do I pay the gap? EmptyMon 19 Dec 2011, 7:10 am

My surgeon gave me a price $4800 (his payment only); of which was paid as a 'deposit'; then once the GSS op was done; I received a Tax Invoice to put into my Health Fund (then they put it into Medicare). Some places I have read charge a Gap Fee which includes all of dieticans; sleep doctor etc. Others will have the information that have used the same clinic; though waiting on the answer may seem like forever; it will be most accurate. Try and get an e-mail address from the receptionist; I found this to be great as I usually had an answer within a few hours of something I had forgotton to ask.
Back to top Go down
Eringirl
Part of the furniture
Eringirl

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: How and when do I pay the gap?   How and when do I pay the gap? EmptyMon 19 Dec 2011, 8:52 am

hi there

my surgeon gave me an estimate bill of 4.5 K ( for him and assistant surgeon - gap fee) which i had to have paid a few days before surgery date. I also had an estimate bill for the anaesthetist which i needed to have paid a few days prior to op date. After the op, i received a cheque from medicare and my Private health addressed to my Dr.

hope that helps

Erin
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: How and when do I pay the gap?   How and when do I pay the gap? EmptyMon 19 Dec 2011, 9:28 am

I had to pay my surgeon, aneasthetist, etc before my surgery.
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: Re: How and when do I pay the gap?   How and when do I pay the gap? EmptySun 08 Jan 2012, 6:46 am

Call your surgeon and ask? I am sure each surgeon has a different request on payment. Mine required full gap payment at least 10 days before surgery, but I payed it about 2 months prior. I don't think they really care when you pay it, as long as they get it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How and when do I pay the gap?   How and when do I pay the gap? Empty

Back to top Go down

How and when do I pay the gap?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Private Health Insurance-
Jump to: