Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Blossom
Blossom

Female
Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Hunger & No Weightloss - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Hunger & No Weightloss   Hunger & No Weightloss - Page 2 EmptyMon 05 Jan 2009, 6:13 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi Everyone

Happy New Year to everyone and what a year it will be for all of us! Its great to see that everyone is doing so well, congratulations!

I just have a question on hunger. Does anyone get hungry? I have eaten the following today:

B/fast
I weetbix
1/2 splender sachet
1/4 cup of milk
2 tsp benefibre

Lunch
1 tablespoon cottage cheese
1 tablespoon tin salmon

Afternoon tea

6 little crackers with Light Chive Philadelphia spread

1litre water

And I am now hungry.

Does anyone else get hungry? Sometimes I want more but I stop myself as I don’t want to over do it.

I am not sure if I am not eating enough earlier on throughout the day or not or if its just all in my head but I swear my stomach is rumbling….

I spoke to the Doctor about this and he said that I will get hungry as only eating minimal amounts of food but he said without the surgery I would be starving and would not last without eating so that is reason you can stick to the weightloss.

BUT I am not losing anymore weight, I have not lost anymore weight since 14th December – 5 days after surgery – of which I lost 8.3kg in that week but nothing since…

I’ve been active, walking around etc and swimming in the ocean and I have started back at the gym today and hoping it will start to move again – I pray it will move!

But just wondering if I am doing something wrong?

What does everyone eat?

Cheers
Bx
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Kaili
Part of the furniture

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Hunger & No Weightloss   Hunger & No Weightloss - Page 2 EmptyMon 05 Jan 2009, 8:49 am

Blossom,

Some people 'stall' for a few weeks every now and again (I'm one of them) but the weight continues to come off. Just wait and see. (I lost for the first three weeks post op and then stalled for three weeks.)

I also agree with El Jefe about building muscle. Especially if you haven't been exercising regularly prior to surgery.

Also, did you take any measurements/photos prior to surgery? If not, I strongly suggest you take some now. It's another good way to see if you're losing cm's, even if the scales aren't budging!

I also feel hunger quite regularly (breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner). It just takes a LOT less to fill me up. I also find drinking when hungry helps as it also fills you up.

You may want to check out the thread called (something like): What did you eat today? It hasn't been updated for a while, but quite a few people posted on it.

Good luck,

Kaili.
Back to top Go down
El Jefe
El Jefe

Male
Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Hunger & No Weightloss   Hunger & No Weightloss - Page 2 EmptyMon 05 Jan 2009, 6:27 am

Blossom, you may be adding muscle, being active. So, while you are not seeing results on the scale, you may still be losing weight. I hit a little plateau, and checked my body fat content, and it went down 2.5%, even though the scale didn't move. I am told though, as you add more muscle, your body will reach a tipping point, and that number on the scale will move down again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/profile.php?id=138585
Blossom
Blossom

Female
Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-09-16

PostSubject: Hunger & No Weightloss   Hunger & No Weightloss - Page 2 EmptyMon 05 Jan 2009, 6:13 am

Hi Everyone

Happy New Year to everyone and what a year it will be for all of us! Its great to see that everyone is doing so well, congratulations!

I just have a question on hunger. Does anyone get hungry? I have eaten the following today:

B/fast
I weetbix
1/2 splender sachet
1/4 cup of milk
2 tsp benefibre

Lunch
1 tablespoon cottage cheese
1 tablespoon tin salmon

Afternoon tea

6 little crackers with Light Chive Philadelphia spread

1litre water

And I am now hungry.

Does anyone else get hungry? Sometimes I want more but I stop myself as I don’t want to over do it.

I am not sure if I am not eating enough earlier on throughout the day or not or if its just all in my head but I swear my stomach is rumbling….

I spoke to the Doctor about this and he said that I will get hungry as only eating minimal amounts of food but he said without the surgery I would be starving and would not last without eating so that is reason you can stick to the weightloss.

BUT I am not losing anymore weight, I have not lost anymore weight since 14th December – 5 days after surgery – of which I lost 8.3kg in that week but nothing since…

I’ve been active, walking around etc and swimming in the ocean and I have started back at the gym today and hoping it will start to move again – I pray it will move!

But just wondering if I am doing something wrong?

What does everyone eat?

Cheers
Bx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunger & No Weightloss   Hunger & No Weightloss - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hunger & No Weightloss
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: