2 posters
AuthorMessage
Larns5
Larns5

Female
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2011-06-19

so glad you are on the mend Empty
PostSubject: Re: so glad you are on the mend   so glad you are on the mend EmptyFri 23 Dec 2011, 8:18 am

BTW... Has anyone mentioned the ''Bear claw''??

That is how I was fixed.. the only doctor who can perform it in QLD is Dr Walsh, at the Royal, but your doctor should be able to refer you.
Back to top Go down
Larns5
Larns5

Female
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2011-06-19

PostSubject: Re: so glad you are on the mend   so glad you are on the mend EmptyFri 23 Dec 2011, 8:16 am

Thanks so much for your kind words. :0)

Im so glad you are finally on the mend although that bloody NG tube is a nuisance.. there were so many crappy things about the whole thing, but I tell you what, I respect my body more than I ever have, now. How bloody hard is it to recover from collapsed lungs!!??!! I wont ever smoke again (i was only a drinker/smoker not a full time smoker, but still).

Its funny how people just look at me like a healthy chick.. I want to scream ''BUT I ALMOST DIED'' yet I dont like the attention it brings.. such a strange feeling. I think that my body is not coping with all the lovely vitamins the nutrison feed gave me, im losing hair like you wouldnt believe, I feel like a chemo patient! And I am extremelly tired. Ive been helping a frined with some supervising work for 3 hours a day for this week and have been asleep in bed by 8pm every night! Crazy. I dont think my body is ready.

Are you on the nutrison high energy feeds? If so I have about 3 or 4 unopened boxes of 8(?) bags here that I have no idea what to do with. Nutricia wont take them back, and the hospital wont take them as a donation...

We should swap phone details and stuff.. I can pretty much guarantee I get exactly the way you feel. I have another endoscopy at the Royal Brisbane hospital on 8th February... another 7hr trip.. the costs are doing my head in, we are supposed to be moving soon and dont think anyone is going to accept IOU's, lol....

who would have thought.......

Loads and loads of getting better hugs!

Alana

so glad you are on the mend 842349
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: so glad you are on the mend   so glad you are on the mend EmptySun 18 Dec 2011, 5:52 am

Hi Alana

I am so pleased to hear that your pesky little leak has finally been fixed and that you are on the road to recovery at long last. I remember reading your post, whie still in ICU around the 4 week mark and being amazed at your resilence. Little did I know that I would find myself in a similalr situation. I am now 14 weeks post surgery and have been home for just 9 days in that time and I still have a little leak. I don't have a partner but do have a wonderful 30 year old son who has assumed caring responsibiities for me. I have had multiple complications but finally feel that I am starting to win.

Enjoy your Christmas and cherish every moment

Glenmaree

PS as a counsellor - can I just say stick with it it works
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: so glad you are on the mend   so glad you are on the mend Empty

Back to top Go down

so glad you are on the mend
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: Complications With The Sleeve-
Jump to: