Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

After op Empty
PostSubject: Re: After op   After op EmptyTue 06 Dec 2011, 9:12 am

yeah its all good Liz she will take time of work,i will probably need her help,my husband is self employed and february is a quiet time for him,so it will be fine,its just me worrying as normal.I don't like letting people down.
Back to top Go down

After op Empty
PostSubject: Re: After op   After op EmptyTue 06 Dec 2011, 7:22 am

Your daughter just might have to put the kids into day care for a few weeks. I know it will cost her money to do so...but she will appreciate you more when you feel able to help with the grandkids again.

Nasty as this may sound....don't forget they are your daughters' children...it is up to her to find other help for the time you will be unable to help her. She has plenty of notice and even a chance to save up for daycare or she can contact a neighbour or maybe even the paternal grand parents might be happy to have extra time with the grandkids.
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female

After op Empty
PostSubject: Re: After op   After op EmptyMon 05 Dec 2011, 11:51 pm

yeah it can't be easy when you have no one there all the time to help,i have my two grandaughters three days so my daughter can work,i have been woorying about letting her down when i have my op, she won't be happy if she knows i am worrying about it,but thats how i am.
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

After op Empty
PostSubject: Re: After op   After op EmptyMon 05 Dec 2011, 7:56 pm

And this is why Men are such big babies. Women are TOUGH!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-08-24

After op Empty
PostSubject: Re: After op   After op EmptyMon 05 Dec 2011, 11:58 am

I had no choice ... my son is 12 kg and was told not to lift anything until 5 weeks post op. My 10 year old would pick him up for me when he was home, but while he's at school, I had no one to help me. It's the same at the moment as I'm 2 weeks post op for having my gallbladder removed, 6 weeks of no lifting I was told.
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female

After op Empty
PostSubject: Re: After op   After op EmptyMon 05 Dec 2011, 6:35 am

yes it must be hard when you don't have help near by to help,its good to know you were ok with doing that
Back to top Go down
Paity10
Part of the furniture
Paity10

Female
Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2011-03-14

After op Empty
PostSubject: Re: After op   After op EmptyMon 05 Dec 2011, 2:39 am

I had no choice, i have a little family with no support around us (family wise) so I was pretty much picking my 7kg's baby up, BUT in saying this, I was taking it extremely easy, doing things differently, such as changing her on the lounge (i know it's not ideal, but it beats being back in hospital), not pick her up from the ground, i'd sit with her on the ground, and then put her on the lounge, and then stand up with her, that way you arn't literally picking her up (if you know what I mean) !!!
Back to top Go down
flick
flick

Female
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-07-12

After op Empty
PostSubject: Re: After op   After op EmptySat 03 Dec 2011, 11:10 am

My surgeon told me not to do anything for a month to six weeks, no lifting, no house work NOTHING.....I have to admit I have done a few things but I find I get pain in my side if I am too silly.

Basically it is because you can still cause a leak, and he said that once you get over the first month you're chances of getting a leak are not as great. 9 kilos is a weight that I still would not be lifting 5 weeks out, sorry.

I hope this helped

flick
Back to top Go down
sassyred
Part of the furniture
sassyred

Female
Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2011-09-01

After op Empty
PostSubject: Re: After op   After op EmptySat 03 Dec 2011, 8:35 am

My surgeon told me not to life anything over 5 kgs for 5 weeks. I had a hysterectomy (not laparascopic) when my children were little and there were times when I had to lift them up and it caused extra pains. Best to avoid if you can but like gottarhyme said, check with your surgeon. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

After op Empty
PostSubject: Re: After op   After op EmptyFri 02 Dec 2011, 6:50 am

Roughly three weeks. However, I know some women who attempt it earlier, but they are young Mums in here!

Is there any way that your daughter can get someone else to babysit for three weeks? Or can you get help in? It is not worth giving yourself a rupture or a hernia over three weeks!

If in doubt, ask your surgeon. But ignoring the fact that you have had major abdominal surgery so you can babysit is reckless!
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female

After op Empty
PostSubject: After op   After op EmptyFri 02 Dec 2011, 4:47 am

Can anyone tell me when after the sleeve can you lift a baby weighing 9 kilos,i baby sit my grandaughter so my daughter can go to work three days, she needs to put in for some time of work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

After op Empty
PostSubject: Re: After op   After op Empty

Back to top Go down

After op
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: