AuthorMessage
mjmj50
mjmj50

Female
Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2011-10-04

Wind pain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wind pain   Wind pain EmptySat 03 Dec 2011, 12:19 pm

Wind pain is just awful! I had it intensley second day post-op and shoulder tip too. I got up and walked around some but boy was I soooo uncomfortable with it......sometimes it takes longer to reabsorb into your organs so it can get out upper or lower....if you know what I mean. I'm still gas loaded and bloated but am trying everyday to move it on out!
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-08-24

Wind pain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wind pain   Wind pain EmptySat 03 Dec 2011, 8:37 am

Hey kell, I had shoulder tip pain for about a week 2 weeks ago, after having my Gallbladder out. DeGas worked great for me! Take it regularly and it should hopefully really ease it.
Back to top Go down
Kell
Kell

Female
Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2011-09-22

Wind pain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wind pain   Wind pain EmptyTue 29 Nov 2011, 9:11 pm

I have some degas so will try it today. I have been using straws too, so that's a great tip. It isn't restricted just to sipping, it happens every so often regardless, but often sipping can disturb it. I am all but certain it is the wind because it hits the shoulder tip thing you know? I mentioned it to the surgeons people yesterday and they said it was normal enough... I think I am just impatient! Than you so much for the feedback. Part of the concern is not knowing how long this is normal for.
Back to top Go down
CareBear
Part of the furniture
CareBear

Female
Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2011-07-24

Wind pain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wind pain   Wind pain EmptyTue 29 Nov 2011, 9:08 pm

It Is still early days for you, the wind passes hang in there. I found hot shower helpful one night when I could’t sleep "de gas" tablets also helped me - get these from pharmacy. I took a strong pain killer the first time it happened. I am not so sure my gas was related to sipping though, it would be worth following up with your surgeon / surgery nurse if it persists. I was also told not to use a straw because it introduces air into your digestive system - just a tip in case you are using straws.
Take care and I hope it al settles soon.
Back to top Go down
Kell
Kell

Female
Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2011-09-22

Wind pain Empty
PostSubject: Wind pain   Wind pain EmptyTue 29 Nov 2011, 8:27 pm

Help!!! How do I get rid of this residual gas?? It's so painful. I take a sip and 2-3 seconds later it HURTS right up to shoulder tip pain, then eases again, but its making me scared to drink :( Its sitting in the chest/upper abdomen and I cannot shift it. I walk, I heat pack, and nothing. I wonder if sleeping on my back is worsening it, too. But I am too afraid to tummy sleep just yet.

Any ideas? PLLLLEEEEASSE?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wind pain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wind pain   Wind pain Empty

Back to top Go down

Wind pain
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: