CareBear
Part of the furniture
CareBear

Female
Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2011-07-24

Hematoma Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hematoma   Hematoma EmptyFri 25 Nov 2011, 10:39 am

I had one about a week after I got home, rather than form a hard mass though, the swelling reopened my large incision and it all slowly leaked out, it was like chocolate topping. Gave me a fright, so much so that I called my surgeon at 0200hrs one night. He was fantastic, very reassuring he told me how to dress it, then I went and saw his nurse the next day. Went in for a daily drain / squeeze of the wound and dressing. Healed up after 10 days. Does your surgeon have a nurse he works with? Perhaps call her/hiM to discuss.
Back to top Go down
Asimov
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2011-05-05

Hematoma Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hematoma   Hematoma EmptyFri 25 Nov 2011, 10:23 am

Hi Lissyd,
If the haematoma's not causing you any pain, I wouldn't be overly concerned about it. They feel a bit freaky, but it's unlikely that it will burst and they are eventually re-absorbed by your body. If it's painful, then your surgeon probably needs to know about it.
Cheers, Sarah
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

Hematoma Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hematoma   Hematoma EmptyFri 25 Nov 2011, 9:15 am

I haven't had one but when my Dad was alive he had quite a few haematoma's over the years and I'm pretty sure they don't burst. It just takes time for them to go away on their own. If you are worried and don't trust your GP ring your surgeon and see what he/she says. Or just google it.
Back to top Go down
taueret
Part of the furniture
taueret

Female
Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2011-02-28

Hematoma Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hematoma   Hematoma EmptyFri 25 Nov 2011, 2:43 am

hiya, I had one like that. Eventually they shrink and go away. Even if it burst (not sure they can) it's only old blood and wouldn't kill you or anything! I wished mine would burst- in fact I got my surgeon to see if he could poke a hole in it! It did go away fairly soon after that.
Back to top Go down
LISSYD
Part of the furniture
LISSYD

Female
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2011-07-23

Hematoma Empty
PostSubject: Hematoma   Hematoma EmptyThu 24 Nov 2011, 1:24 pm

Hi,Has anyone developed a Hematoma after the sleeve? I developed one about 2 weeks after my sleeve..I'm now 6 weeks out and I still have it..It's situated under the bigger incision and about between a golf ball/tennis ball in size..Have seen my doctor and she sent me for a ultrasound and a hematoma was confirmed..My doctor said its a repairing Hematoma with brusing! and will go away..she is not experianced in the sleeve and I am worried that it might burst..I know there is a few nurses on here and wonder have they seen this before or has anyone experianced it and how was it dealt with..Will be seeing my surgeon on the 14th of dec...Hematoma 595690
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hematoma Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hematoma   Hematoma Empty

Back to top Go down

Hematoma
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: