mirawitch
Melinda38
shortchick
slimmer
10 posters
AuthorMessage

Epworth Richmond Empty
PostSubject: Epworth Richmond   Epworth Richmond EmptyWed 23 Nov 2011, 9:13 am

Has anyone been sleeved here? What are they like? Do they honour private rooms? TV's? Phone? WiFi? And all the other questions I can't think of LOL
Back to top Go down
slimmer

Female
Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-07-26

Epworth Richmond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epworth Richmond   Epworth Richmond EmptyWed 23 Nov 2011, 10:08 am

Liz I seem to be stalking you today! Epworth was okay and definitely fit for purpose, but they are doing a huge redevelopment and won't guarantee private rooms. I asked well in advance and they said they would see what they could do and I ended up in a ward with three others anyway.

The upside of this is you get more nurse attention and I was stopping them for pain relief when they came to check other people.

Local calls are free, wifi is an added extra, but to be honest i didn't want it as I wasn't up for it anyway. TV was fine, first hospital visit got the standard older style room and tv, second visit, slightly newer refurbished rooms, but I came through emergency so they stuck me anywhere there was a spare bed!
Back to top Go down
shortchick
shortchick

Female
Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2012-01-11

Epworth Richmond Empty
PostSubject: Epworth Richmond   Epworth Richmond EmptyFri 20 Jan 2012, 4:18 pm

Hi,

It is a big hospital so if there was any complications you would be fine. Parking is expensive for visitors, however if you go down Erin Street there are side streets behind Erin Street that have FREEEEEEEEE parking. I was there in Jan 2010. Not for a sleeve though. I was next to the nurses tea room not a good idea late at night. Food was fine. I had my own room. It has a good reputation.

Cheers,

Short Chick
Back to top Go down
shortchick
shortchick

Female
Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2012-01-11

Epworth Richmond Empty
PostSubject: Epworth Richmond   Epworth Richmond EmptyFri 20 Jan 2012, 4:21 pm

Hi,

It is a big hospital so if there was any complications you would be fine. Parking is expensive for visitors, however if you go down Erin Street there are side streets behind Erin Street that have FREEEEEEEEE parking. I was there in Jan 2010. Not for a sleeve though. I was next to the nurses tea room not a good idea late at night. Food was fine. I had my own room. It has a good reputation.

Cheers,

Short Chick
Back to top Go down
Melinda38
Part of the furniture
Melinda38

Female
Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Epworth Richmond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epworth Richmond   Epworth Richmond EmptySat 21 Jan 2012, 6:36 am

Hi
I transferred a pt from the Gold Coast to Epworth. The staff are fantastic. Even the domestic staff pounced on us as we walked through. It seemed very clean tidy and well organised. The family seemed love it too. I know that's not from a sleevers point of view but it might help.
Back to top Go down
mirawitch
mirawitch

Female
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2012-03-05

Epworth Richmond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epworth Richmond   Epworth Richmond EmptyThu 21 Jun 2012, 6:04 am

Some current info for Epworth Richmond... (I just spoke to them, 21st June 2012)

Private room, Can't be gauranteed due to redevelopment.

Phones, yes, free local calls, mobile or STD charged to you.

TV, free basic channels

Wifi, not ready yet, is being built in with the redevelopment.

Visiting Hours, 11am-3pm then 5pm-8pm
Back to top Go down
Ozzieloz
Part of the furniture
Ozzieloz

Female
Number of posts : 747
Registration date : 2010-05-28

Epworth Richmond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epworth Richmond   Epworth Richmond EmptySun 22 Jul 2012, 10:35 am

Hi all

I had my surgery at Epworth Richmond - three times so far, (band in, band out, hernia & sleeve) and each time I couldn't fault the nursing staff or my doctor either. It is an older hospital, but I am more concerned about the care I get and I will go there again for any future needs. Hope yours goes well - I love my sleeve!

Loz
Back to top Go down
jasmilly
jasmilly

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2011-06-10

Epworth Richmond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epworth Richmond   Epworth Richmond EmptySun 29 Jul 2012, 4:26 am

I had my sleeve done at the Epworth Richmond I asked the nursing staff when they rang about a private room and then again when I was admitted I really can't speak highly enough of the staff from woe to go I was looked after I would have stayed longer exempt by night 4 my bed was not as comfy as mine at home! I had a private room my 2 kids, hubby and my mum even came and had tea with me one night then the kids had a shower in my shower and into their pjs for the ride home. My Dr - Mr Michell came and saw me every day and when the staff were waiting on him to get back to them they kept me informed. My daughter specially loved the fact that the ward I was in the uniforms of the staff was purple and pink tops!
Back to top Go down
slowlysinking
slowlysinking

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2011-02-04

Epworth Richmond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epworth Richmond   Epworth Richmond EmptySun 29 Jul 2012, 1:28 pm

I'm booked into this hospital next month for my sleeve, and was wondering if there's any costs involved? I'm on a REALLY tight budget, and just have the $4500 for the surgery, I don't want to get to the hospital and find out I have to pay for the stay, IYKWIM?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
NutMeg
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2009-12-15

Epworth Richmond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epworth Richmond   Epworth Richmond EmptyMon 30 Jul 2012, 9:57 pm

Depending on your PHI and your excess, your hospital excess and/or co-payment is payable to the hospital upon admission.

But that is for all hospitals, not just Epworth.

Back to top Go down
mirawitch
mirawitch

Female
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2012-03-05

Epworth Richmond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epworth Richmond   Epworth Richmond EmptyTue 31 Jul 2012, 12:33 am

I was sleeved there a couple of weeks ago and just had to pay my excess for PHI when I got there.

But I have recieved a bill for pathology from them since coming home.
Back to top Go down
jasmilly
jasmilly

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2011-06-10

Epworth Richmond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epworth Richmond   Epworth Richmond EmptyWed 01 Aug 2012, 12:14 am

It might depend on your PHI I just payed the excess and haven't had anything else from them.
Back to top Go down

Epworth Richmond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epworth Richmond   Epworth Richmond EmptyThu 11 Jul 2013, 1:45 am

Has the re-development finished yet?

Had to delay my sleeve for 2 years so hopefully it is all done :)

I am so used to the Childrens' Hospital that I think any adult hospital now is going to look so blah lol
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture
Nini

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

Epworth Richmond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epworth Richmond   Epworth Richmond EmptyThu 11 Jul 2013, 2:57 am

I think the re-development is still going on, as when I went to my Respiratory Physician appt at the Epworth a couple of months ago there was still scaffolds etc around the place. In regard to a private room it depends on how full they are at the time (same with any hospital - they can't guarantee a single room). My PHI did say that if they can't give you a private when you have asked for one they will give you a small refund (I think is was $50 a day)

cheers Nini
Back to top Go down
Kay9959
Kay9959

Female
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2013-06-23

Epworth Richmond Empty
PostSubject: Excellent hospital and staff   Epworth Richmond EmptyTue 16 Jul 2013, 1:11 pm

LizHaynes wrote:
Has anyone been sleeved here? What are they like? Do they honour private rooms? TV's? Phone? WiFi? And all the other questions I can't think of LOL

Hi Liz, i had my surgery here, they are excellent.

I was in a 4 bed room, but i did not request a private room.
TV and personal phone, so friends and family can call direct without going via reception.

great Doctors and Nurses.Epworth Richmond 542174 glad to be home though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Epworth Richmond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epworth Richmond   Epworth Richmond Empty

Back to top Go down

Epworth Richmond
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Hospitals-
Jump to: