Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Paulini

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-10-19

Mushies streight after hospital... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mushies streight after hospital...   Mushies streight after hospital... EmptyWed 23 Nov 2011, 3:26 am

Hi Nettie

The Up and Go is YUK - I had a few sips but it was so sweet. In desperation I had a cup of hot Milo with skim milk YUM. I have just made a banana smoothy, I hope this will give me some protein. Made a BIG mistake and took a muliti vitamin capsule about 2 hours ago and it has only just gone down - wont be going that again in a hurry!
Back to top Go down
Nettie
Nettie

Female
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2011-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Mushies streight after hospital...   Mushies streight after hospital... EmptyWed 23 Nov 2011, 1:32 am

Thanks guys... Yeah I guess each surgeon is different.

Butterflyfallen: I had Dr Jorgensen as well... He is pretty good... Straight to the point.

Paulini: how was the up n go energize? Was it very sweet?

Im not having any issues on pureed/mushies all has been good. I haven't been doing opti .... I can't bring myself to open another packet!

mermaid
Back to top Go down
butterflyfallen
butterflyfallen

Female
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2011-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Mushies streight after hospital...   Mushies streight after hospital... EmptyTue 22 Nov 2011, 10:49 pm

i had Dr Jorgensen in Sydney. I dont think i could have lasted so long on liquids lol so i was very thankful i had a surgeon who puts you right onto mushies out of hospital!! I think its helped me tolerate basically all foods so well too, im yet to really come across soemthing i cant eat yet! I guess each surgeon has their own reasonings and precautions as to why they differ tho.
Back to top Go down
Paulini

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mushies streight after hospital...   Mushies streight after hospital... EmptyTue 22 Nov 2011, 10:43 pm

I dont understand why some people go straight onto the mushies. I have been told 1 wk clear fluids, 1 week fluids, 2 weeks puree THEN mushies!!!! I WANT THE MUSHIES NOW LOL. Does it depend on the doctor? Dr Budak from Wollongong did my op, has anyone else had their sleeve done by him?
Back to top Go down
Paulini

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mushies streight after hospital...   Mushies streight after hospital... EmptyTue 22 Nov 2011, 10:00 pm

Hi Guys

I was sleeved on the 16th also and will be buying the dgas today (thanks for the tip). I am worried that I am not having enough protein as I am on the liquid diet for another week. I had the Opti twice and spent the next couple of hours running to the bathroom :( I brought some Up and Go Energize so might try that today. The dietitan gave me some Resource Fruit Flavored Beverage to bring home from hospital but I have only had one as they are so sweet. Any other suggestion of how to get more protein on the liquid stage??

Thanks

Paulini
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Mushies streight after hospital...   Mushies streight after hospital... EmptyTue 22 Nov 2011, 10:44 am

Wonderful news nettie, so glad it's working!! I am still taking it, my belly is mega bloated so I thought it might help with that too :)
Back to top Go down
Nettie
Nettie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mushies streight after hospital...   Mushies streight after hospital... EmptyTue 22 Nov 2011, 10:36 am

Thanks guys!!

I don't feel like the odd crayon in the box. I bought some degas today and it's working wonders! Yay!
Mushies streight after hospital... 217555
Back to top Go down
butterflyfallen
butterflyfallen

Female
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2011-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Mushies streight after hospital...   Mushies streight after hospital... EmptyTue 22 Nov 2011, 9:42 am

yup im 2 months post op and i went straight onto mushies out of hospital. I had my next appointment with the dietician and surgeon 2 weeks post op where they then moved me onto soft foods a lil earlier as i was taking mushies so well. I had bad pain in my left shoulder and thru my neck. it came on the day i came out of hospital and lasted a good week or so.
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Mushies streight after hospital...   Mushies streight after hospital... EmptyMon 21 Nov 2011, 12:08 pm

Try DeGas nettie ... I had surgery 2 days ago (gallbladder) and had horrible shoulder tip pain and the DeGas seems to be working good :)
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Mushies streight after hospital...   Mushies streight after hospital... EmptyMon 21 Nov 2011, 7:42 am

Yes I went straight onto pureed/mushie food when I got home from hospital.
Think my surgeon may have changed that now, as I was sleeved 2 year ago.
I never had any trouble eating or drinking from the day after I was sleeved.

Can't answer you about the gas, never had any problem with it.

Probably light headed as you are not eating much at this stage, plus goodness you are only 5 days post op. Remember you have had major surgery. Take it easy.

Wishing you all the best for your recovery and journey.

Mushies streight after hospital... 217555
Back to top Go down
Nettie
Nettie

Female

PostSubject: Mushies streight after hospital...   Mushies streight after hospital... EmptyMon 21 Nov 2011, 7:10 am

Hi guys,

I was in surgery on the 16th nov and was out of the hospital on the 19th. I kinda feel like the odd one out. Coz my surgeon and dietitian advised I can go on mushies when I get home. Anyone else been told this?

Also, anyone know how long the gas releases from your body? I still have chest and back pains... But I know it's slowly going.

I went for a 10min walk today and was a little shakey on the knees and lightheaded. I have been keeping up my water intake. Anyone else felt this? I hope it passes coz it ruined my shopping..

Mushies streight after hospital... 697586

Sorry for being so random! Xox
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mushies streight after hospital...   Mushies streight after hospital... Empty

Back to top Go down

Mushies streight after hospital...
Page 1 of 1