Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weight gain, fluid retention or pre op dehydration??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
hazelbaby
Part of the furniture
hazelbaby

Female
Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2011-08-20

Weight gain, fluid retention or pre op dehydration?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight gain, fluid retention or pre op dehydration??   Weight gain, fluid retention or pre op dehydration?? EmptySat 05 Nov 2011, 9:35 pm

Thanx ladies,

It's a bit disconcerting. And a lesson to get OFF the scales, they DON'T always tell the real story. So tempting tho, esp when you feel like you're living on fresh air lol. Not hungry thankfully, and strangely you were all right, i don't mind in the least.

Weight gain, fluid retention or pre op dehydration?? 120705 Weight gain, fluid retention or pre op dehydration?? 120705
Back to top Go down
Elippo
Elippo

Female
Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Weight gain, fluid retention or pre op dehydration??   Weight gain, fluid retention or pre op dehydration?? EmptySat 05 Nov 2011, 9:23 pm

Your body is still full of gas and fluid, hence the increased weight. The weight loss will get back on track.
Back to top Go down
mjmj50
mjmj50

Female
Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2011-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Weight gain, fluid retention or pre op dehydration??   Weight gain, fluid retention or pre op dehydration?? EmptySat 05 Nov 2011, 12:01 pm

Hey Hazelbaby....congratulations.

From what I gather from dietitan and have also read here, your body goes into starvation mode and holds onto everything for dear life! As you've eaten all but fresh air and liquids for the past weeks your body holds onto everthing it can but once you begin adding more foods...like increased amounts and real food ...your body will let go of starvation mode and you will start to loose weight.....sounds weird right?.... dont eat and you gain weight - eat, and loose weight!.......

Congratulations on your sleeve

Jane
Back to top Go down
hazelbaby
Part of the furniture
hazelbaby

Female
Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2011-08-20

PostSubject: Weight gain, fluid retention or pre op dehydration??   Weight gain, fluid retention or pre op dehydration?? EmptySat 05 Nov 2011, 8:54 am

Hi all,

Just a quick question. I did opti before my op and got down to 106.7 kgs by the hospital scales. But 4 days post op, 3 of those with a drip in, I am now 108.3 kgs. Considering i have had next to nothing except a drip for 3 days is this weight gain, fluid or simply dehydration prior to the op??????????????????

P.s the scales got up to over 111kgs whilst my drip was in :(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weight gain, fluid retention or pre op dehydration??   Weight gain, fluid retention or pre op dehydration?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Weight gain, fluid retention or pre op dehydration??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: