7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kazz
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2010-09-21

Chipped tooth from surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chipped tooth from surgery   Chipped tooth from surgery EmptySun 13 Nov 2011, 10:35 am

Thankyou for all your replies :)

I have an apt with my dentist tomorrow...perhaps I will ask his opinion about letting my anaesthetist know....although I guess Id have to decide why I would want to let him know, just out of courtesy? Its not like Im expecting any compensation.

Im just hoping its a simple repair job, and not too $$$!! Ahhh but really, small price to pay for the new lease on life my sleeve has given me :)
Back to top Go down
peaceandequality
Part of the furniture
peaceandequality

Female
Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Chipped tooth from surgery   Chipped tooth from surgery EmptySun 13 Nov 2011, 9:41 am

As a RN that works in theatre, I would recommend you talk to your anaesthetist. Yes, the pre-op check-list talks about crowns, bridges, loose teeth, dentures etc but it really shouldn't happen when your anaesthetist is doing an intubation (airway) under surgical conditions. If it were in an emergency situation then the risk is much higher. The ETT (airway) is plastic but the guide (laryngoscope) they use to get a bougie and ETT down is surgical steel. Nothing (more) lost in talking to the anaesthetist. Good luck!Chipped tooth from surgery 355206
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Chipped tooth from surgery   Chipped tooth from surgery EmptySat 12 Nov 2011, 9:39 am

I didn't chip any teeth but I had a numb tongue for 2 weeks post op
Back to top Go down
tonez
tonez

Female
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Chipped tooth from surgery   Chipped tooth from surgery EmptyMon 07 Nov 2011, 10:43 am

Ah.... That explains why i woke up with 2 big fat lips. It took a week and a bit to get rid of the sores...
Back to top Go down
Guruchick
Guruchick

Female
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Chipped tooth from surgery   Chipped tooth from surgery EmptyFri 04 Nov 2011, 3:08 am

Wow, not something I would have thought of. Unfortunately, a dentist trip for you.
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Chipped tooth from surgery   Chipped tooth from surgery EmptyFri 04 Nov 2011, 2:58 am

My sleep doctor warned me I may get a chipped tooth while under, tho he would try his hardest not to.

Fortunately all teeth intact.
Back to top Go down
foober

Female
Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2011-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Chipped tooth from surgery   Chipped tooth from surgery EmptyFri 04 Nov 2011, 2:45 am

They generally warn you that teeth can be chipped prior to the Op . Mine did and listed all crown and bridges and was a question in the pre op check, as they sometimes become dislodged.

I am guessing that it wil be an additional cost ot you unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Kazz
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Chipped tooth from surgery   Chipped tooth from surgery EmptyFri 04 Nov 2011, 1:07 am

Just wondering if anyone else woke up from surgery with a chipped tooth, and if so, what did you do about it?

Ive got a chipped front tooth, I dont know if it would be from the anaesthetic, or the endoscopy I had while under. Not sure if its worth mentioning to my surgeon, or just dealing with it myself (I have a dental apt in a couple of weeks). I know its a risk we take while having surgery, thats why Im not sure if theres any point in mentioning it...so thought Id see if anyone else experienced similar.

Cheers :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chipped tooth from surgery   Chipped tooth from surgery Empty

Back to top Go down

Chipped tooth from surgery
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: