Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeRegisterLog in

Psychologist in melbourne? Recommendations?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Psychologist in melbourne? Recommendations? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psychologist in melbourne? Recommendations?   Psychologist in melbourne? Recommendations? EmptyMon 24 Oct 2011, 11:37 am

I'm sure there are people on the 'other' side of town who'd love to meet up - why don't you start a new thread under meet-ups?

Good luck with the new psych - hope they can help.

Psychologist in melbourne? Recommendations? 217555
Back to top Go down
slimmer

Female
Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Psychologist in melbourne? Recommendations?   Psychologist in melbourne? Recommendations? EmptyMon 24 Oct 2011, 3:07 am

Thanks everyone. I am going to make an appointment to see a psuch the doctor recommended and maybe seek out a support group that runs on my side of town. I'm in the northern suburbs, so a lot of the get-togethers mean an hour or so drive!

Anything happening in the North?
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Psychologist in melbourne? Recommendations?   Psychologist in melbourne? Recommendations? EmptySun 23 Oct 2011, 10:35 pm

Hi Slimmer

Sorry I can't help with any names, and I've always found it next to impossible to find someone who 'gets' it about being obese and dealing with weight loss.

Remember, the 3 week mark is a time when a lot of people have a depressive reaction after surgery - you're not alone, and it won't last.

Having said that, though, a psych will be able to help you deal with all the emotions you are going through, whether they 'get it' or not.

Back to top Go down
NutMeg
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Psychologist in melbourne? Recommendations?   Psychologist in melbourne? Recommendations? EmptySun 23 Oct 2011, 8:58 pm

Hi slimmer,

Hugs to you :(

I can't help you with psychs, but just wanted to extend the invitation to come along to one of our meet ups to speak to other sleevers who may have gone through what you are atm. We are having one tomorrow in the SE @ McCafe Cranbourne at 10:30am and there are many others too. Check the get togethers section for more info.

I'm truly sorry you are going through a really rough patch, I did as well but can now say it was the best decision I ever made for myself. I can only hope you will too one day.

Best of luck,
Back to top Go down
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster
100%-er

Female
Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2011-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Psychologist in melbourne? Recommendations?   Psychologist in melbourne? Recommendations? EmptySun 23 Oct 2011, 8:51 pm

Hi,
Sorry you are not feeling so great ATM, good on you for wanting to go and see someone to talk about it all.
I see a psych called Lisa Hardman, she works out of Knox Leisureworks (gym, pool and well being centre). This is near Knox Shopping Centre, maybe in Boronia, I think. Not sure where in Melb you are.
She works Mon PM, until 9pm and then starts at 7am on Tuesday until afternoon. She also works out of somewhere else I think, but am not sure. I have found her helpful.
Good luck with finding someone.
Back to top Go down
lizzzy
Part of the furniture
lizzzy

Female
Number of posts : 558
Registration date : 2011-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Psychologist in melbourne? Recommendations?   Psychologist in melbourne? Recommendations? EmptySun 23 Oct 2011, 12:41 pm

Hi Luvvie

I am seeing a Psych but she is based at frankston. She has seen me at 8am. Her name is Marion Barton, and works out of the Frankston Private hospital. I have found her to be really good, and she was recommended to me by my surgeon Geoffrey Draper. I think she is bloody awesome. Sorry i dont know of any in the city. Good luck with your search.

Lizzzy
Back to top Go down
slimmer

Female
Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-07-26

PostSubject: Psychologist in melbourne? Recommendations?   Psychologist in melbourne? Recommendations? EmptySun 23 Oct 2011, 11:37 am

Does anyone have a good psychologist/psych in central Melbourne they can recommend? My surgeon has one but she consults one day a week on a day that is most difficult to get to for me.

I am really hating my sleeve at the moment and that is a combination of not recovering well and overall adjustment, but I am at a point only three weeks out where I am thinking I have made a massive error in judgement with this surgery and am crying about it most days.

I have gone from the girl who was pretty much happy and positive about everything, to a snivelling wreck. Its doing my head in and I need to unload and get some perspective!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Psychologist in melbourne? Recommendations?   Psychologist in melbourne? Recommendations? Empty

Back to top Go down

Psychologist in melbourne? Recommendations?
Page 1 of 1