Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sorry tmi but anyone had diarrhea post op!

Go down 
+7
Kate + Mum (123katepink)
slimmer
chrisbychic
Jaime
CareBear
benbelle
Ajbaby
11 posters
AuthorMessage

Sorry tmi but anyone had diarrhea post op! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorry tmi but anyone had diarrhea post op!   Sorry tmi but anyone had diarrhea post op! EmptyTue 25 Oct 2011, 6:52 am

Um lisagraham....just thought I would point out that Optifast contains milk powder...If you are mixing it with milk you are overdosing a tad on milk:(
I would switch to water and see if you improve a bit
Back to top Go down
Ajbaby
Ajbaby

Female
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Sorry tmi but anyone had diarrhea post op!   Sorry tmi but anyone had diarrhea post op! EmptyTue 25 Oct 2011, 6:39 am

Oh Lib poor you, I had to stop twice on the way home on a 20 min journey from city, at least I am getting to know what stores have public toilets. Like Lisa I probably need to plan better, and hopefully will identify what causes it.
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Sorry tmi but anyone had diarrhea post op!   Sorry tmi but anyone had diarrhea post op! EmptyTue 25 Oct 2011, 3:23 am

I have been sleeved since April 2009 and I still have diarrhea.
Back to top Go down
foober

Female
Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2011-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Sorry tmi but anyone had diarrhea post op!   Sorry tmi but anyone had diarrhea post op! EmptyTue 25 Oct 2011, 1:57 am

yes around day 5 it was very loose .

I now fluctuate between consitpation and the splatters . Hoping that it will settle later on
Back to top Go down
lisagraham
lisagraham

Female
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2011-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Sorry tmi but anyone had diarrhea post op!   Sorry tmi but anyone had diarrhea post op! EmptyMon 24 Oct 2011, 11:55 pm

I am 18 weeks post op today and still get the runs once a day after having my Opti fast shake (mixed with milk) for breakfast. I spoke to the surgeon and he said that it could be lactose intolerance or could be Dumping Syndrome. It doesnt really bother me as it is regular as clock work!!!
Back to top Go down
Ajbaby
Ajbaby

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sorry tmi but anyone had diarrhea post op!   Sorry tmi but anyone had diarrhea post op! EmptyMon 24 Oct 2011, 11:47 pm

Love this forum as it means I am not worrying alone :-)

Hope you are all starting to experience relief, I am not at this time, but i figure it could be constipation instead.

I see the surgeon next week and hope things are better before then, if not I will get some advise.

AJ
Back to top Go down
barbie
Part of the furniture
barbie

Female
Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2011-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Sorry tmi but anyone had diarrhea post op!   Sorry tmi but anyone had diarrhea post op! EmptyMon 24 Oct 2011, 9:46 pm

I too have been experiencing it since day 2 after my op. I thought it was only just because I had my gall bladder out over 11 years ago, as that was what it was like then. I'll be taking more notice at what I eat and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for this post.
Back to top Go down
Kate + Mum (123katepink)
Part of the furniture
Kate + Mum (123katepink)

Female
Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Sorry tmi but anyone had diarrhea post op!   Sorry tmi but anyone had diarrhea post op! EmptyMon 24 Oct 2011, 11:14 am

Wednesday is my 3 week anniversary of being sleeved, and ive had the runs since day 3, I started taking imodium to slow my bowels down, works ok if i have 3 tablets, but if I dont take them, sure enough i get the runs again.

Im seeing my surgeon tomorrow, will let you know what he advises.
Back to top Go down
slimmer

Female
Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Sorry tmi but anyone had diarrhea post op!   Sorry tmi but anyone had diarrhea post op! EmptySun 23 Oct 2011, 12:10 am

I've got it too! Luckily it is slowing to only once or twice a day but still there with a vengence. I have stopped all dairy the last couple of days and that seems to have helped. Now if I could get rid of my fuzzy head I would be A-ok!
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Sorry tmi but anyone had diarrhea post op!   Sorry tmi but anyone had diarrhea post op! EmptySat 22 Oct 2011, 11:09 pm

I became lactose intolerant post-op and had diarrohea with that. But as long as I stayed off dairy I was okay. I was gradually able to have dairy again, but had to wait a couple of months and re-introduce it slowly.
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Sorry tmi but anyone had diarrhea post op!   Sorry tmi but anyone had diarrhea post op! EmptySat 22 Oct 2011, 10:35 am

Yep! Day 3 or so in hospital, I started getting the green apple splatters bad!! It settled down a bit after I came home and got off those horrible milky Resource drinks though. But seriously, it was the worst BM's I have ever experienced!
Back to top Go down
Ajbaby
Ajbaby

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sorry tmi but anyone had diarrhea post op!   Sorry tmi but anyone had diarrhea post op! EmptySat 22 Oct 2011, 9:21 am

Thanks so much for the comments so reassuring :-)
Back to top Go down
CareBear
Part of the furniture
CareBear

Female
Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Sorry tmi but anyone had diarrhea post op!   Sorry tmi but anyone had diarrhea post op! EmptySat 22 Oct 2011, 9:08 am

It is pretty common. Some people do become lactose intolerant post up but this usually settles. My pharmacist suggested imodium tablets/wafer and hydrolyte (electrolyte replacement), my dietician also suggested regular benefibre as it adds bulk - I thought benefibre would have made things worse but it didn't. I only needed to take 1 dose of the imodium and it slowed things right up. phew.
Back to top Go down
benbelle

Female
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2011-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Sorry tmi but anyone had diarrhea post op!   Sorry tmi but anyone had diarrhea post op! EmptySat 22 Oct 2011, 7:47 am

I was sleeved the 26th september, and I am still experiencing it, not every day thank god. I just thank god at least my bowels are working lol
Back to top Go down
Ajbaby
Ajbaby

Female

PostSubject: Sorry tmi but anyone had diarrhea post op!   Sorry tmi but anyone had diarrhea post op! EmptySat 22 Oct 2011, 6:36 am

Hi there as the title states,Maas anyone had constant diarrhea since their op. I was sleeved on Monday and had daily liquid bowel movements, sorry really is very embarrassing posting this but need to ask someone. I have had more lactose than normal but would have assumed it would be better by now, I have had no high fat or high sugar foods.

Would love advise

AJ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sorry tmi but anyone had diarrhea post op!   Sorry tmi but anyone had diarrhea post op! Empty

Back to top Go down

Sorry tmi but anyone had diarrhea post op!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: