Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
myluckylove69

Male
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Blood Pressure Dropping Empty
PostSubject: Blood Pressure Dropping   Blood Pressure Dropping EmptyMon 22 Dec 2008, 11:04 pm

Hi Everyone
I went to Docs yesterday for the blood pressure dropping low.I told him I don't normally whinge but today I would be as I didn't feel good.Spoke to him about blood pressure dropping real low, not being able to take water as everyone has found, feeling sick, burning in chest and back pain.

He took me off plain water and gave me the explanation on how plain water draws (a big word not heard of) out of your cells and it would be reacting with the new stomach.Said that is why they never use plain water for operations.Told me to take something with sugar in it as stomach will tolerate it better.I said most people are finding apple juice easier and he said it was because of sugar in it.

The blood pressure dropping he is worried I am anaemic from operation or it could be dehydration. Is going to do blood test tomorrow to check what is going on.

The pain in chest he said to take mylanta as well as the two somac a day i am on. he feels back pain may be radiating from chest.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and thanks for all your advice.

Brian
Back to top Go down
myluckylove69

Male

PostSubject: Thanks Nicole   Blood Pressure Dropping EmptySun 21 Dec 2008, 10:41 pm

Hi Nicole
Rang Dr this morning.Got appt for this afternoon.The 14kg I lost was over 5wks. 2wks onoptifast lost 4kg. Since op another 10kg. Let you know how i go.

Brian :
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Blood Pressure Dropping   Blood Pressure Dropping EmptySun 21 Dec 2008, 1:33 pm

hi there,

I would get on the phone first thing in the morning and ring your dr...you can never be too careful.

wow 14kg in 3 weeks thats alot of weight in that time.

Nicole
Back to top Go down
missdea
missdea

Female
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Blood Pressure Dropping   Blood Pressure Dropping EmptySun 21 Dec 2008, 10:00 am

Hi myluckylove69,

I think you should call your doctor right away and ask her/him what to do. Dehydration is very serious and should be treated as a medical emergency.
Best wishes to you.
Dea
Back to top Go down
myluckylove69

Male

PostSubject: Blood Pressure Dropping   Blood Pressure Dropping EmptySun 21 Dec 2008, 9:26 am

Hi
I am not well today.Was coming on quite good till today.Not sure if dehydrated or what is going on.I am really uncomfortable in chest/tummy area.Feel like I have lump in throat.Even water is irritating it. Haven't eaten all day.When I get off the bed my blood pressure drops really low and I go giddy like I am going to pass out.I stopped my blood pressure medication on Friday due to it being too low. Anybody else having similar problems.

I am 3wks post-op tomorrow. I have gone from 109.4kg to 95kg.loss of 14kg.

Am going to try to see Dr tomorrow.Any advice would be appreciated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blood Pressure Dropping   Blood Pressure Dropping Empty

Back to top Go down

Blood Pressure Dropping
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: