19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Goldie oldie

Female
Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2011-06-04

My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone Empty
PostSubject: Re: My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone   My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone EmptySun 22 Jan 2012, 8:08 pm

Muesli topped with All Bran and 1 tbs of linseed and I go every day.
Had to persevere at first but four weeks later everything was normal.
Goldie Oldie
Back to top Go down
HayleyGriffiths
HayleyGriffiths

Female
Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2011-03-21

PostSubject: Re: My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone   My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone EmptySun 22 Jan 2012, 9:36 am

Fresh or Dried apricots.
Back to top Go down
duzzenmada
duzzenmada

Female
Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2011-06-16

PostSubject: Re: My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone   My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone EmptySun 22 Jan 2012, 7:35 am

Three words - All-Bran, All-Bran, All-Bran.
I can't eat much of it but even a small amount fixes my bot problems right up.
Back to top Go down
butterflyfallen
butterflyfallen

Female
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2011-04-22

PostSubject: Re: My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone   My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone EmptySun 22 Jan 2012, 6:34 am

yeah was hoping for something to add to my daily diet, rather than rely on tablets etc. Thanks anyways guys :) i was taking benefibre from surgery but never seemed to work with me. Ill keep hunting!! :)
Back to top Go down
CareBear
Part of the furniture
CareBear

Female
Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone   My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone EmptySun 22 Jan 2012, 4:15 am

I use benefibre as well - a couple of teaspoons with my morning cuppa. I repeat again at night if haven't had much fibre throughout the day. Can increase if needed.
Back to top Go down
sassyred
Part of the furniture
sassyred

Female
Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2011-09-01

PostSubject: Re: My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone   My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone EmptySun 22 Jan 2012, 3:22 am

Benefibre works for me - but a couple of weeks after the op I felt so 'backed up' I had a micro enema and it worked a treat (in 2 min flat!). Not an everyday solution but good to get it started and available at the chemist.
Back to top Go down
amanda O'D
Part of the furniture
amanda O'D

Female
Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2010-11-13

PostSubject: Re: My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone   My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone EmptySun 22 Jan 2012, 2:16 am

Large glass of pineapple juice works for me.

hugs

Mandy
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone   My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone EmptySun 22 Jan 2012, 1:50 am

Both my GP and my surgeon told me to take Movicol. Works well for me without that need to go desperately NOW feeling.
Back to top Go down
butterflyfallen
butterflyfallen

Female
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2011-04-22

PostSubject: Re: My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone   My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone EmptySun 22 Jan 2012, 1:28 am

Reviving this - anyone found a miracle anti consitpation cure? For the last 2 months ive simply had to rely on laxatives to make me go. In the last 2 weeks senna laxatives werent even working and i went thru a whole bunch of different ones before finding some drops that worked, but i dont want to have to reply on them once a week. I want to go reguarly as my body see's fit. I eat prunes every day, drink 1.5 litres of water a day and have a yoghurt a day also. Anyone found something besides the linseed that has made them regular?? The week before i was in quite a bit of pain from being so constipated and i really dont want it to be like this for the next 40 plus years lol! :)
Back to top Go down
jacqualine
jacqualine

Female
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2011-06-03

PostSubject: my constipation fixed   My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone EmptySat 05 Nov 2011, 7:08 am

kiwi fruit! sorry! and sugar free lollies do the trick very well,We have a saying in our house because our little 3 year old has type 1 diabetes one lollie is fun and two means Runny poo.LOL
Back to top Go down
lilac
Part of the furniture
lilac

Female
Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2010-08-02

PostSubject: Re: My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone   My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone EmptyFri 04 Nov 2011, 10:30 am

You're a gem Mel for sharing your info with us.

I'm willing to try anything - and linseed is natural and very healthy. Carrot juice is something that I force myself to have every now and again - but it's so sweet and thick that it repulses me. I'll have to do it though and just stop the whinging! Ha!

All the best.
Back to top Go down
CareBear
Part of the furniture
CareBear

Female
Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone   My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone EmptyFri 04 Nov 2011, 10:29 am

Have have you tried artificially sweetened lollies? I only have to eat 2-3 and I'm trotting - I don't touch them now, for that reason.
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female

PostSubject: Re: My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone   My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone EmptyFri 04 Nov 2011, 8:34 am

Thanks Aswan, but I don't have to count calories so it doesn't make any difference. I haven't eaten anything as hard as an apple or a pear yet (no soft pears in the shops anyways, they are all quite green) so it is easier for me to juice them. Even if it doesn't help with the constipation it is something different that is healthy I can add to my menu. I will keep taking the tablets for now (only take them about once a week) and will talk to my GP when I go next and also to my dietician at my 3 month check up at the end of the month. Taking the tablets is better than not going at all.

Jacqueline, do you mean Kiwi fruit or something different?
Back to top Go down
jacqualine
jacqualine

Female
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2011-06-03

PostSubject: Re: My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone   My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone EmptyWed 02 Nov 2011, 11:40 pm

Try KIKI FRUIT!!!!!! It works great.
Good-luck
Back to top Go down
aswan
Part of the furniture
aswan

Female
Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone   My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone EmptyWed 02 Nov 2011, 8:35 pm

Don't forget that linseeds contain around 40 kCals a tablespoon, so count them in.

Pears are better eaten raw or in smoothies as juicing removes most of the fibre.
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female

PostSubject: Re: My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone   My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone EmptyWed 02 Nov 2011, 12:55 pm

I'm having 1-2 tablespoons of linseed every day and juicing an apple and a pear and still not regular. I just think that maybe because of the low intake of food there isn't much output at the other end. I need to see my GP about a few other things so I will have a chat to her and she what she thinks. I'm also going back to the OClinic for my 3 month check up on 28th November so I will talk to my dietician as well.
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female
Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: Re: My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone   My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone EmptyWed 02 Nov 2011, 8:06 am

Yay! it's amazing isn't it!
Back to top Go down
Goldie oldie

Female
Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2011-06-04

PostSubject: Re: My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone   My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone EmptyWed 02 Nov 2011, 7:44 am

Yay!

Thanks Mel I increased the linseed and now go to the loo almost every day.
Such a relief as I didn't want to get caught up on the laxative hurdy gurdy.
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female

PostSubject: Re: My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone   My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone EmptySun 30 Oct 2011, 1:17 pm

Thanks Michelle. I have a coffee every morning anyways so that's not helping either. Wish I could just find that secret ingredient to unlock the problem.

Melpaulned, I take a high potency multi vitamin tablet that was recommended by the wonderful lady at my health food shop. Although I do have vegies most nights.
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone   My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone EmptySun 30 Oct 2011, 6:16 am

Kate...COFFEE is the only thing that works for me. One cup every morning = one you know what!

Although, apple and pear juice sounds YUM!
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female

PostSubject: Re: My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone   My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone EmptySun 30 Oct 2011, 3:18 am

good luck kate
i add some vegies to my juice too (simply to get more vitamins in) - hope it works for you
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female

PostSubject: Re: My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone   My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone EmptySun 30 Oct 2011, 2:55 am

I went into town this morning and got some apples and pears. I had a juicer that I bought years ago when a naturopath told me to drink fresh juice for energy. I bought a really good one so I don't need to peel or decore anything. I just finished the juice of 1 apple and 1 pear so now I guess it's wait and see how things pan out.
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female

PostSubject: Re: My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone   My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone EmptySat 29 Oct 2011, 2:23 am

sounds good
i didn't have to eat the apple or pear just did the linseed and juice (separately of course) but that's what my naturopath told me to do if the linseed and juice didn't work
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female

PostSubject: Re: My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone   My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone EmptySat 29 Oct 2011, 2:22 am

I haven't tried eating anything as crunchy as an apple yet so maybe I will juice it along with a pear and see how that goes.
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female

PostSubject: Re: My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone   My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone EmptySat 29 Oct 2011, 1:11 am

Oh bugger
Ok try eating an apple and pear a day too and maybe make some fresh juice (1 apple / 1 stick celery / half beetroot / 2 carrots) and keep up with the linseed

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone   My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone Empty

Back to top Go down

My constipation fixed! Hope this helps someone
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: