7 posters
AuthorMessage
smeggles
smeggles

Female
Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2011-06-21

When did you first eat salad?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: When did you first eat salad?    When did you first eat salad?  EmptyMon 24 Oct 2011, 1:07 pm

I didn't know that salad was something to approach with caution.. I figured because it was softish that i would introduce it in week 4/5 i couldn't eat much but it stayed down and was a nice change. HAving said that i don't eat it regularly as i try and eat the protein first which usually means i am full, so the salad is left behind.
I add a lettuce leaf to cruskits with cream cheese and tuna or chicken on it.

Back to top Go down
Bellshell
Part of the furniture
Bellshell

Female
Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: When did you first eat salad?    When did you first eat salad?  EmptyMon 24 Oct 2011, 11:13 am

Salad and fruit were the last things I was able to try. When I spoke to my dietician through my stages I was able to tollerate hard foods then I was able to try some soft fruit. When that went down alright I was able to try salad. I could from about 2 moths out.

As I can't fit much in I don't have much fruit and veg. The dietician said last thursday at my last app that that was fine, protein should be mostly what I eat.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: When did you first eat salad?    When did you first eat salad?  EmptyMon 24 Oct 2011, 10:56 am

I rarely eat salad, seem to prefer hot vegies now.
No probs with it though when I do eat it.
Think I was about 3 months out before I ate salad.
Back to top Go down
Isis
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: When did you first eat salad?    When did you first eat salad?  EmptyMon 17 Oct 2011, 9:36 pm

I was fine with salad about 6 weeks out. I did have the iceberg lettuce variety though, not the mesclun stuff (cos I prefer the taste, not for any sleeve reason)
Back to top Go down
SassyMummy
Part of the furniture
SassyMummy

Female
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-08-21

PostSubject: Re: When did you first eat salad?    When did you first eat salad?  EmptyMon 17 Oct 2011, 1:07 pm

Thanks guys.

It's interesting how we're all so different - I've had a few fresh prawns Suziee just to get some additional protein in, and I'm only 6 weeks post-op.
Back to top Go down
http://randomchickrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/
suziee
suziee

Female
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2011-06-09

PostSubject: Re: When did you first eat salad?    When did you first eat salad?  EmptyMon 17 Oct 2011, 12:29 pm

Hi

I have been having salad for around 3 weeks and I was sleeved 3/8 with no problems don't have any problems with most food but the one thing that I can't really eat are prawns
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: When did you first eat salad?    When did you first eat salad?  EmptyMon 17 Oct 2011, 12:17 pm

I first tried salad at about 6 weeks post op... And it came straight back up again.. :(

I haven't been game to try since!
Back to top Go down
SassyMummy
Part of the furniture
SassyMummy

Female
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-08-21

PostSubject: When did you first eat salad?    When did you first eat salad?  EmptyMon 17 Oct 2011, 12:15 pm

So... post-op, when did you have your first taste of salad?

I don't mean mayo-covered type salads either, I mean green leafy types.

I'm unsure when I am able to start. It seems odd that I can eat lots of other things (in tiny quantities... lol), but not a simple salad, and am SO ready to have one... lol.
Back to top Go down
http://randomchickrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When did you first eat salad?    When did you first eat salad?  Empty

Back to top Go down

When did you first eat salad?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: