Part of the furniture
hazelbaby

Female
Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2011-08-20

So Tired Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Tired   So Tired EmptyMon 28 Nov 2011, 9:55 pm

Hi all,

I'm taking a multi but more vitamin c might help, will slurp some juice after the iron to make sure it 'gets in'.

I haven't started any exercise yet and I am wondering if that thing I remember of doing exercise actually giving more energy. I can start my swimming up again at the end of the week. I know i used to feel soooo energised after a swim, perhaps it will help???
Back to top Go down
CareBear
Part of the furniture
CareBear

Female
Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2011-07-24

So Tired Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Tired   So Tired EmptyMon 28 Nov 2011, 7:30 am

I too was exhausted, couldn't concentrate at work and would run out of puff early afternoons. I found increasing my calorie intake to include morning and afternoon tea made a difference for me. Also, vitamin B12 was recommended by my dietician. Your body needs vitamin C to absorb iron supplements - are you getting enough vitamin C hazelbaby?
Back to top Go down
hazelbaby
Part of the furniture
hazelbaby

Female
Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2011-08-20

So Tired Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Tired   So Tired EmptyMon 28 Nov 2011, 6:21 am

Hi all,

Just read this thread with interest as I too am exhausted. I was sleeved on the 1st of Nov and it is my 2nd week back at work. I'm a kindy teacher and after lunch I have absolutely no energy and just want to lay down and sleep.

Been taking a multi and extra iron as mine is low. Just moving to soft food so getting some better protein should be a bit easier. But the tiredness is overwhelming at times, she says typing from bed................

I think it is worse as my partner is worrying about me being so tired and that is worrying me AND i don't want to worry him OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Tired 19756 So Tired 19756 So Tired 19756 So Tired 19756
Back to top Go down
foober

Female
Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2011-07-31

So Tired Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Tired   So Tired EmptyFri 14 Oct 2011, 10:29 am

Jag- its been a long week at work . And I relate to the 2pm "hitting the wall" ...mines a little later 3pm. Its a tiredness that goes through my whole body . It a real fag trying to keep awake when all I hear is my bed calling me.

I hope this goes away soon for both our sakes.

Chrisbychic- you are welcome! I always read your posts with interest

well its about 8pm and I think I'll just go to bed . Night all hope you get some well earned rest
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

So Tired Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Tired   So Tired EmptyFri 14 Oct 2011, 1:53 am

Oh well, you guys, just be grateful that you CAN sleep. Lots of people (and yes, I was one) have the opposite problem - very tired, but unable to sleep. I was like that for months after the op, and you should have seen the bags under my eyes!

Foober, I'm glad that you find my advice useful - your words were a big compliment to me.
Back to top Go down
benbelle

Female
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2011-03-24

So Tired Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Tired   So Tired EmptyFri 14 Oct 2011, 1:39 am

I have been the same, was beginning to think there was something wrong with me. I get a good nights sleep, after getting the kids off to school i am buggered. I get puffed out easily as well, might have something to do with left lung recovering from being partially deflated. Come 9pm I just want to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Jag
Jag

Female
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-08-29

So Tired Empty
PostSubject: So Tired   So Tired EmptyFri 14 Oct 2011, 12:49 am

Yes me too!!I am 3 weeks post surgery and boy can I sleep.About 2pm its all go.Straight to snooze time.At night I struggle to get past 9pm and still have a good nights sleep.I just cant be bothered to do much as it is such an effort.I know that this feeling will pass but it is frustrating.

Maybe we should call it the 3 week stumbling block??
Back to top Go down
foober

Female

So Tired Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Tired   So Tired EmptyThu 13 Oct 2011, 11:27 pm

Thanks for replying

Kate - the memory thing ....yes yes yes....its slowly getting back to normal now. And fuzzy

nerida - thanks for letting me know that there is hope..I cant wait for the energy boost

Chrisbychic- as always your advice is down to earth and encouraging

Aswan - menopause ? Now theres something I am 49 so that could be and issue

I think that I 'll just have a snooze under my desk around 3pm ,that should see me throughSo Tired 217555

No really I'll go slow ,was hoping to get to the gym next week but so tired I cant even take the dog around the block

Thanks everyone
Back to top Go down
aswan
Part of the furniture
aswan

Female
Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2010-11-03

So Tired Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Tired   So Tired EmptyThu 13 Oct 2011, 10:05 pm

Since the menopause finished, I have always hit a wall around 3pm. So, I close my door and have a nap for 15-20 minutes. Luckily, there are no lectures between 3 and 3.30, which is just as well and others know not to disturb me or schedule any meetings then. Since losing a bit of the pudding, I find I need the nap less.
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

So Tired Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Tired   So Tired EmptyThu 13 Oct 2011, 9:34 pm

Hi foober,

This tiredness may not necessarily be from anything to do with what you are or are not eating. We have to remember that we have had major surgery and the anaesthetic that goes with it. I have had other ops in the past and I find that the anaesthetic knocks me around for anywhere from 3-6 months. Usually I get very tired in the afternoon and my memory recall is shot. I read somewhere that it can also take 3-6 months for our bodies to get rid of everything from an anaesthetic. Hope you start to less tired soon.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

So Tired Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Tired   So Tired EmptyThu 13 Oct 2011, 1:27 pm

Yeah, the 3 week mark is a killer. It's a time when a lot of people feel the after-effects of the op.

Don't worry too much - it won't be long and you'll be feeling much fitter again. Watch out for the post-op blues that can also strike around now.
Back to top Go down
neljatye
Part of the furniture
neljatye

Female
Number of posts : 470
Registration date : 2010-07-20

So Tired Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Tired   So Tired EmptyThu 13 Oct 2011, 1:02 pm

Hi foober,

myself, and both my parents and others i have spoken with all suffered the same thing.. especially in the afternoon. i found that this went on for awhile and then all of a sudden at about 3 months out you just wake up and it is back with a vengence,......so much energy you just dont know what to do with it all.... just take it easy and dont push yourself and it will pass.. and you will love that big energy influx....

Nerida
Back to top Go down
foober

Female

So Tired Empty
PostSubject: So Tired   So Tired EmptyThu 13 Oct 2011, 12:28 pm

Hi all

I am at the 3 week stage and this is my first week back at work.
The problem is I am so tired and just this week have not had a full night sleep.
I am pretty sure that I have been eating enough protein,taking a multivitamin,pariet for reflux and Olemetec for high BP.
I will admit that I am a little low on the fluid . Just make about 1 litre a day. I have always found it hard to drink fluids.

At the moment at 3.30pm I hit a wall and all I want to do is curl up into a ball and sleep. I have a desk job so it's not liek I am doing physical work.

Has anyone else felt this and how did you manage it ? Will I get my energy back?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

So Tired Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Tired   So Tired Empty

Back to top Go down

So Tired
Page 1 of 1