gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

when it all goes wrong - help please Empty
PostSubject: Re: when it all goes wrong - help please   when it all goes wrong - help please EmptySat 12 Nov 2011, 11:58 pm

Sometimes, very rarely, thank goodness! Things do go wrong with what is essentially major surgery.

At least you are being well cared for, and your immediate danger has passed.I hope your uphill struggle is all downhill from here on in!

*hugs*
Back to top Go down
Larns5
Larns5

Female
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2011-06-19

PostSubject: Re: when it all goes wrong - help please   when it all goes wrong - help please EmptySat 12 Nov 2011, 10:20 pm

Hi Glen,

I hope its all going according to plan, and maybe even at home now?????? (wishful thinking :)
It is extremely hard on our families, I understand that big time. On Wednesday My lttle family and I are going to Heron Island, just to sit back and rest and relax. I still have a drain out of my stomach, so no swimming for me, but I think this will be just what the doctor ordered, getting back to basics all over again.
Keep on fighting for your health, and cuddle your husband and tell him it will be all over one day soon. xoxo

Loads of Love and Support
Alana
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: baby steps   when it all goes wrong - help please EmptyMon 31 Oct 2011, 9:39 pm

an update

am to recommence clear fluid today as it appears that the leaks are nearly closed - not sure that this is a good idea - would gladly do another week nil by mouth if that meant complete closure but will monitor myself and if unhappy will stop fluids again. I am sick of being sick and the strain is starting to show on my family - just need to be patient a little longer.
Back to top Go down
green stargazer
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2011-03-11

PostSubject: Re: when it all goes wrong - help please   when it all goes wrong - help please EmptySun 23 Oct 2011, 4:56 am

Let me know if you're up to receiving another visit. Big hugs to you. (Hope the kids are coping well still.)

Raining loce
Back to top Go down
mmm
mmm

Female
Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2011-09-11

PostSubject: Re: when it all goes wrong - help please   when it all goes wrong - help please EmptySun 23 Oct 2011, 4:50 am

Hi Glenmaree

More good thoughts and well wishes heading your way for a positive outcome.
when it all goes wrong - help please 217555
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female

PostSubject: out of ICU   when it all goes wrong - help please EmptySun 23 Oct 2011, 3:27 am

Hi - thanks everyone for you support and well wishes. I am out of icu - in ward on holding pattern. Surgeon (Dr Jourdain) wants me to rest, feeding via picc line and wait and see,. Have had 2 abscesses drained, still have fistula which is drining but overll feel lots better. No strength and poor concentration, but sleeping which is good.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: when it all goes wrong - help please   when it all goes wrong - help please EmptyThu 20 Oct 2011, 5:47 am

Yeah, I've been wondering too ... hope you're feeling a lot better by now.
Back to top Go down
green stargazer
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: when it all goes wrong - help please   when it all goes wrong - help please EmptyThu 20 Oct 2011, 5:20 am

Just wondering how everything is Glenys?

Hoping you may now be at home or at the very least out of ICU and into your own room.

Thinking of you! when it all goes wrong - help please 217555
Back to top Go down
Larns5
Larns5

Female

PostSubject: Re: when it all goes wrong - help please   when it all goes wrong - help please EmptyThu 13 Oct 2011, 12:05 pm

Glenmaree,

Hope today was slightly better than the last! :0)

Lana
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female

PostSubject: thank you all   when it all goes wrong - help please EmptyTue 11 Oct 2011, 8:47 am

thanks everyone for your support and encouragement and Dr Nolans details. Not a lot of progress in one day but at least I am not stepping back today. The latest is a blood clot encasing my spleen which should resovle with blood thinners and rest. I still have a collapsed lung on the left but my infection count is dropping which is good news. Now the step back is early signs of prancretitis which is being monitored. I am still in ICU - have a picc line in place for nutrition and other stuff/ Today I have indulged in a serious why me session with blanket over my head = feel better!!!! This afternoon the Doctor sent in an endo who beleives he may be able to fix the fistula that I have developed so they are going to try on Thursday. I am sorry for each and everyone of us who have had complications but I am so appreciativeof the support - thanks again. Green stargazer for you I will find the energy if you would like to visit = I am in Pindarra ICU Glenys Payne - you will have to say you are my cousin or neice or familyto get in
Back to top Go down
Larns5
Larns5

Female

PostSubject: Re: when it all goes wrong - help please   when it all goes wrong - help please EmptyTue 11 Oct 2011, 5:51 am

Ohhhh Glenmaree, what can I say :(

I dont want to upset you, but I am up to week 9 of my leak and let me tell you, I am OVER it! I have been nil by mouth the entire time and it is quite upsetting. Like you I was very positive about the surgery and have become quite disheartened by the whole thing. My surgery was on the 1st of August ''the day to change my life forever'' little did i know it would be in a complete different way than i ever expected.

I know I can not tell you anything that makes you feel better, just know that there is someone out there who understands exactly what you are going through, your emotions, your trauma and your pure frustration. I am in Central QLD, and travelling back to Brisbane next week for them to TRY again to fix me.. I hope you are all fixed by then too.

Much love and if you would like some contact, I am on Facebook under '' Larns Tubby 2 Terrific'' or I am happy to give you my mobile no. xoxoxoxoxox

Lana
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: when it all goes wrong - help please   when it all goes wrong - help please EmptyMon 10 Oct 2011, 11:49 am

What a terrible time you're going through.. I hope you get well very very soon! x
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: when it all goes wrong - help please   when it all goes wrong - help please EmptyMon 10 Oct 2011, 11:16 am

Bloody he'll - what a terrible time you are having. I, too, would be losing confidence in my doc after all that!
I'm sorry I don't have anything but good wishes for you, and wish you all the luck to get better really soon. when it all goes wrong - help please 217555
Back to top Go down
foober

Female
Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2011-07-31

PostSubject: Re: when it all goes wrong - help please   when it all goes wrong - help please EmptyMon 10 Oct 2011, 6:24 am

I see that Larns5 is also having difficulty as well and has offered support . You should look her up and get together even if its just venting and moral support

Hope you get better reall soon
Back to top Go down
Hannah
Part of the furniture
Hannah

Female
Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: when it all goes wrong - help please   when it all goes wrong - help please EmptyMon 10 Oct 2011, 1:01 am

Couldn't agree more with GSG - please contact Dr Nolan immediately. The sooner you see him the better.

I too am on the Gold Coast and am happy to visit if you feel up to it.

Take care and I hope things get sorted out for you quickly so that you are on the road to recovery.

Christa
Back to top Go down
green stargazer
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: when it all goes wrong - help please   when it all goes wrong - help please EmptyMon 10 Oct 2011, 12:53 am

glenmaree wrote:
on the26th Sept I entered hospital so confident tnat this was the start of a new lfie and how wrong could I be. By Tuesday 27th I was unwell and returned to theathre for repair of a small hole. Come back to ICU on life support by Saturday 2nd I was septic and back in surgery again back to icu on life support and this time my kids and family warned about the seriousness and my will to live being a a factor ongoing survivial. I seeemed to be making some progress and as I write this from ICU today I am not desperately ill but am still far fom well. Something is still not connected properly so I am again nil by mouth and waiting on decision on ct scan. I have lost confidence in my surgeon and if I do have to have more surgery and need to find another surgeon on the the coast fast - any suggestions or advice would be hughly appreciated

I'm so sorry to hear all this glenmaree. Please, please contact Dr Greg Nolan's office (Southport Bariatrics) on 5571 0923. His girls Vicky, Brooke and Cindy are very helpful and he has surgery rights in Allamanda and Pindarra.

Also, if you're up for visitors, let me know where you are, I'd love to offer some moral support.

Take care and please keep us up to date on your progress.
Back to top Go down
Isis
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: when it all goes wrong - help please   when it all goes wrong - help please EmptyMon 10 Oct 2011, 12:08 am

I feel for you glenmaree! I hope you get better asap!

Isis xo
Back to top Go down
Beckstar77
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2011-01-01

PostSubject: Re: when it all goes wrong - help please   when it all goes wrong - help please EmptySun 09 Oct 2011, 11:28 pm

I am so sorry this happened to you. I really hope you get better and wish you well.
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female

PostSubject: when it all goes wrong - help please   when it all goes wrong - help please EmptySun 09 Oct 2011, 9:48 pm

on the26th Sept I entered hospital so confident tnat this was the start of a new lfie and how wrong could I be. By Tuesday 27th I was unwell and returned to theathre for repair of a small hole. Come back to ICU on life support by Saturday 2nd I was septic and back in surgery again back to icu on life support and this time my kids and family warned about the seriousness and my will to live being a a factor ongoing survivial. I seeemed to be making some progress and as I write this from ICU today I am not desperately ill but am still far fom well. Something is still not connected properly so I am again nil by mouth and waiting on decision on ct scan. I have lost confidence in my surgeon and if I do have to have more surgery and need to find another surgeon on the the coast fast - any suggestions or advice would be hughly appreciated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: when it all goes wrong - help please   when it all goes wrong - help please Empty

Back to top Go down

when it all goes wrong - help please
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: Complications With The Sleeve-
Jump to: