AuthorMessage
aswan
Part of the furniture
aswan

Female
Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2010-11-03

Am I the only one with a current Leak? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one with a current Leak?   Am I the only one with a current Leak? EmptyTue 11 Oct 2011, 9:09 pm

I'm speechless, Alana! Have you considered consulting a medical solicitor? A letter from them might speed things up.
Back to top Go down
qwerty

Female
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one with a current Leak?   Am I the only one with a current Leak? EmptyTue 11 Oct 2011, 2:45 pm

Gosh, this is a long time going on..have they considered putting in a stent ?

Larns5 wrote:
Thanks K!
It has most definitely been a horrendous ride!
S,
No no, the leak occured the day I was discharged from hospital where on the way home (110km) I popped a staple, then due to the ignorance of my local hospital when I presented to them, they fluffed my pain off and didn't call my surgeon, so accepting their advice I left hospital and went home and suffered in agony for 2 days before my husband called the surgeon and he demanded to see me asap! Went to local hospital to het morphine for the drive, and needed to be resuscitated. Followed by emergency surgery all my organs shut down, big messy horrible mess!
iCu and hospital for a month and now home for a month, still on naso-gastric feeds, still have drain bag from my stomach. They have attempted to fix it many times, even last Wednesday was the latest. 700km trip for them to say they can't do it and let's try again in 2 weeks.
I'm tired, frustrated and just upset that it's still going on!
Alana
Back to top Go down
Eringirl
Part of the furniture
Eringirl

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one with a current Leak?   Am I the only one with a current Leak? EmptyTue 11 Oct 2011, 9:10 am

my heartfelt thoughts go out to you and hope your recovery soon starts to be more smooth sailing

Am I the only one with a current Leak? 217555

Erin
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: patience of a saint   Am I the only one with a current Leak? EmptyTue 11 Oct 2011, 8:54 am

Keep smiling Larns and best wishes for the upcoming repair
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one with a current Leak?   Am I the only one with a current Leak? EmptyMon 10 Oct 2011, 10:38 am

Hi Larns, I had a small leak while I was in hospital, but it was picked up less than 48 hours after surgery, so I went straight back in for me, re-stapled, washed out, and drain put in... I was able to go home a week later as they caught it early before it did any damage to my body.

My heart goes out to you... Good luck with all your recovery xx
Back to top Go down
slimmer

Female
Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one with a current Leak?   Am I the only one with a current Leak? EmptyMon 10 Oct 2011, 12:10 am

Larn5 good on you, even though it is a long and complicated process, you seem in good spirits and ready for the next chapter, I'm sure it won't be long!
Back to top Go down
Isis
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one with a current Leak?   Am I the only one with a current Leak? EmptyMon 10 Oct 2011, 12:06 am

Oh how awful for you Larn! I just saw a thread from glenmaree, who is also currently in with a leak/hole. I hope you both get better asap and start enjoying life again.

Isis xo
Back to top Go down
Larns5
Larns5

Female
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2011-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one with a current Leak?   Am I the only one with a current Leak? EmptySun 09 Oct 2011, 10:43 pm

Thanks K!
It has most definitely been a horrendous ride!
S,
No no, the leak occured the day I was discharged from hospital where on the way home (110km) I popped a staple, then due to the ignorance of my local hospital when I presented to them, they fluffed my pain off and didn't call my surgeon, so accepting their advice I left hospital and went home and suffered in agony for 2 days before my husband called the surgeon and he demanded to see me asap! Went to local hospital to het morphine for the drive, and needed to be resuscitated. Followed by emergency surgery all my organs shut down, big messy horrible mess!
iCu and hospital for a month and now home for a month, still on naso-gastric feeds, still have drain bag from my stomach. They have attempted to fix it many times, even last Wednesday was the latest. 700km trip for them to say they can't do it and let's try again in 2 weeks.
I'm tired, frustrated and just upset that it's still going on!
Alana
Back to top Go down
kellyjmiddlebrook
kellyjmiddlebrook

Female
Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one with a current Leak?   Am I the only one with a current Leak? EmptySun 09 Oct 2011, 12:02 pm

Hi Larns,

I wrote my response with some thread suggestions and then found you had already gone to those! Sorry, my Der. I just read your story, it sounds terrifying and as a mum with three gorgeous little ones myself, I can only imagine how tough this has been for you and your family. I hope things get better lovely. My warmest healthy wishes to you.

Kell xx Am I the only one with a current Leak? 217555 Am I the only one with a current Leak? 217555
Back to top Go down
Sindylou
Sindylou

Female
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2011-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one with a current Leak?   Am I the only one with a current Leak? EmptySun 09 Oct 2011, 7:59 am

Larns5 wrote:
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if there is anyone else out there who is currently dealing with a leak from the sleeve. I hadnt seen anyone posting about it other than me, and would love a support leaking friend.

Cheers

Larn

Hi Larns5,

I have no leak as I am pre op...

2 weeks to go!!

I saw that you were sleeved in August!

Did the leak only happen now?

This is one of my fears and I am very sorry that it has happened to you.

I hope your ok.

Keep us upto date Am I the only one with a current Leak? 217555
Back to top Go down
Larns5
Larns5

Female
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2011-06-19

PostSubject: Am I the only one with a current Leak?   Am I the only one with a current Leak? EmptySat 08 Oct 2011, 11:45 pm

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if there is anyone else out there who is currently dealing with a leak from the sleeve. I hadnt seen anyone posting about it other than me, and would love a support leaking friend.

Cheers

Larn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one with a current Leak?   Am I the only one with a current Leak? Empty

Back to top Go down

Am I the only one with a current Leak?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: