flick
flick

Female
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-07-12

Scuba Diving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scuba Diving   Scuba Diving EmptyFri 13 Jul 2012, 9:41 am

Any divers out there?

I need to know if anyone has any idea where I can get a plus size wetsuit?

I went diving on Wednesday and I had to borrow a wetsuit from the dive centre and even though I have lost over 40 kilos I still have to wear a xxl mens and it is just too uncomfortable and too long in the arms and legs. I cannot afford to spend hundreds on a custom suit so any help would be fantastic.

Flick
Back to top Go down
flick
flick

Female

Scuba Diving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scuba Diving   Scuba Diving EmptyThu 29 Sep 2011, 4:30 am

Thanks for the replys

The reason I was asking is because my husband has booked a holiday in March for our 20 year anniversary and he is planning it to be a diving holiday, and I just thought that I should get the course over and done with before we went. I think I should maybe wait untill maybe December/January, so thanks for the advice

Flick
Back to top Go down
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female
Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Scuba Diving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scuba Diving   Scuba Diving EmptyThu 29 Sep 2011, 2:14 am

Just on a side note I have been sleeved two years this month. July 2010 I went to Borneo on a dive holiday. It was fantastic. I was able to wear my daughters wetsuit and it was so easy to do everything. I hadn't done alot of diving previously and went on the holiday thinking I might do one or two dives. I ended up diving 3-4 times a day and even did a night dive.

Previously I would get really sick and I think it was because everything was so tight, especially around my throat and waist. But now it is easy peasy. I would wait as it is much easier to do everything when there is less weight.
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Whisper

Female
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2011-08-03

Scuba Diving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scuba Diving   Scuba Diving EmptyThu 29 Sep 2011, 1:27 am

Hi Flick,

My surgeon let me go scuba diving 3 weeks post-surgery, on the proviso that I didn't overdo it. I was ok for a 40min (gentle) dive - I didn't want to push it beyond that.

Re the weight belt; I spoke to the company we were going with and they put the weights in the pockets of my vest instead. So I had to be aware that couldn't inflate my vest, but it wasn't an issue.

On a side note - I got seasick coming back in from the reef and had to retreat to free fluids for a few days to let my poor tortured stomach have a rest. 90 minutes offshore was perhaps not the cleverest decision Ive ever made..... but the diving itself was no problem at all. :)

W.
Back to top Go down
sassysmum
Part of the furniture
sassysmum

Female
Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-04-11

Scuba Diving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scuba Diving   Scuba Diving EmptyWed 28 Sep 2011, 11:01 pm

Hi flick,

The usual wait after surgery for re-entering the water is 6 weeks (for low impact exercise), you should also check this with your surgeon.
hope it all goes well.
sassysmum.
Back to top Go down
Jacko84
Part of the furniture
Jacko84

Male
Number of posts : 694
Registration date : 2011-02-14

Scuba Diving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scuba Diving   Scuba Diving EmptyWed 28 Sep 2011, 4:36 pm

cant wait to dive again, ill have to do a refresher course.

Good luck on trying to dive a month after surgery !!! I started walking in the pool 3 weeks after surgery and to be honest it was a struggle to do that

Regards Luke
Back to top Go down
Nettie
Nettie

Female
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2011-09-06

Scuba Diving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scuba Diving   Scuba Diving EmptyWed 28 Sep 2011, 2:28 pm

Hi flick!

I use to dive and I can't wait to get my sleeve and lose my weight so I can get my refresher course!

If I was in your shoes I would wait. I remembered the weight belt can be harsh on the stomach and if your stitches are trying to heal, may cause issues.

But that's just my opinion, your stitches may heal fast...
Pool
Back to top Go down
flick
flick

Female

Scuba Diving Empty
PostSubject: Scuba Diving   Scuba Diving EmptyWed 28 Sep 2011, 11:12 am

I have a month off after my sleeve and my husband and I thought that it would be good to finish our scuba diving course. So I am basically wondering does any body know how long it will be until I can go under water.

I was going to finish the course earlier but it is such a struggle to get into a wet suit that I thought that I should wait till I have lost some weight, so Scott does not have to put his foot basically in my back to pull the suit on....SO HOT RIGHT NOW!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scuba Diving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scuba Diving   Scuba Diving Empty

Back to top Go down

Scuba Diving
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: