AuthorMessage
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Does your personality change ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does your personality change ?   Does your personality change ? EmptySun 02 Oct 2011, 7:48 am

I've read a few of the replies and pretty much agree with them all..

For me personally I like to refer to it as being reborn, I'm more energetic, I've got allot more to smile about these days, doing things in general no longer feel like a chore. To be honest life as a whole has become one big open adventure.

Not having to worry about doing things because I might be to big or having strangers looking at me judging what I eat, of which I'm sure we've all felt in the past.

Back to top Go down
leici
Sponsor
leici

Female
Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2010-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Does your personality change ?   Does your personality change ? EmptySun 02 Oct 2011, 6:13 am

Perhaps not a personality transplant rather than an effect from the loss of weight- I have always had LOTS of eneregy... now I can border on the manic and exhaust all around me... so I have to be careful! I tend to get up very early and creep out with the dogs...

Funnily enough I am also more tolerant of strangers, perhaps because I am happier in myself.

Although I'd also be inclined to say "I don't take S**T from any body" more now, than before sleeve. Hope it works out like that for you too.
Back to top Go down
qwerty

Female
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Does your personality change ?   Does your personality change ? EmptySat 01 Oct 2011, 4:27 pm

the only change I have had is not feeling so self coscious about my weight, but really it never stopped me doing much before although I did feel a bit unconfotable in my looks. However, i still feel a bit like that, maybe cause I have not reached goal but still do everything.

Sometimes I feel like going out, other times I dont, it depends on my mood which is not really influenced by my weight. i can probably count on one hand things I didn't go to because of weight but that was only part of the reason. So, actually I used it to back up my reasons for not wanting to do stuff.

So, no i dont think I have changed.
Back to top Go down
aswan
Part of the furniture
aswan

Female
Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Does your personality change ?   Does your personality change ? EmptySat 01 Oct 2011, 4:10 pm

Ooh! I hope I stay the same. I like me - daft as I am.
Back to top Go down
butterfly girl
Part of the furniture
butterfly girl

Female
Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2010-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Does your personality change ?   Does your personality change ? EmptySat 01 Oct 2011, 3:40 pm

Hi,
I have been sleeved for just over a year. I have gone from a absolutely no confidence size 30+ woman to a self confident, proud size 16 jeans. and love it.

Life has changed. I let photo's be taken of me, go out with family and friends, have fun doing stuff, study and do stuff.

I love doing things now. I take kids to different places, have fun, dance, skip and carry on. I can walk, I can shop, I can sit in seats. If i was not such a baby and terrified i could fly.

in the gallery there is a photo of me the night before surgery and 1 exactly a year later. (grand baby was born hours before i got my new life.... (and not only is Dr Taylor cute, he is brilliant
at his job.)
Back to top Go down
SloJo
Part of the furniture
SloJo

Female
Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2011-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Does your personality change ?   Does your personality change ? EmptyWed 28 Sep 2011, 10:07 pm

I hope it changes me in all the good ways you all mentioned in here - more confidence, energy etc. But I especially hope that with newborn confidence I can learn to stick up for myself and what I believe, instead of sitting in the background being told by other people what is right (because for some reason I think my weight will be brought into the subject - silly I know). THis mainly happens at work - I get so annoyed with myself for not voicing my opinion etc.

Thanks for asking the question I was wondering the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Kylieh
Kylieh

Female
Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2011-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Does your personality change ?   Does your personality change ? EmptyWed 28 Sep 2011, 3:03 pm

In my previous weight loss attempts I once got down to 52kg (I know, how could I possibly put almost all of it back on??) and I don't think I changed too much - definitely more confidant and comfortable within myself but not stuck-up or snobby or anything like that. Mind you, I think once we do it properly and KEEP IT OFF we can maybe feel a teeny bit special and VERY proud of ourselves.
Back to top Go down
Bella77
Part of the furniture
Bella77

Female
Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Does your personality change ?   Does your personality change ? EmptyWed 28 Sep 2011, 8:45 am

I'm still pre sleeve but when I lost 34kgs with my band I found that no I wouldnt say my personality changed, I was stillme but def had more confidence and was no longer ashamed. I was a bit more outgoing just because I didn't feel the need to hide away anymore. i think it just brings out the best you , you can be! i'm certainly hoping to get there again.
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Does your personality change ?   Does your personality change ? EmptyWed 28 Sep 2011, 7:16 am

Shelly - I'm sure that transformation will happen. I've been a tom-boy all my life. I have always loathed dresses - far more comfortable in shorts and pants, but I can easily see that once I get a shape, I will take more pride in how I look, and may even start wearing dresses / skirts .

im sure you will and youll love it!!!

I was always the dag of the family and the tomboy as a kid. Ive always worn jeans-summer/winter/autumn/spring and that was it,never dresses or skirts-now i wear both but i still like things that cover the top of my arms.It does feel good to no longer been the fat sister and i can wear fashionable stuff like my sisters.My sister gives me clothes now that dont fit her (to tight) so thats weird for me!!

youll get there!!

shelly

Does your personality change ? 217555
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Part of the furniture
Heidi

Female
Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2010-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Does your personality change ?   Does your personality change ? EmptyTue 27 Sep 2011, 12:43 pm

I didn't think my personality had changed, but friends and family say i'm definitely a lot more vibrant and happy!

But... I also feel I have stacks more energy now which really helps.
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Does your personality change ?   Does your personality change ? EmptyTue 27 Sep 2011, 8:02 am

Apart from having turned into a shopaholic (but working that one out), I no longer feel ashamed of myself. I feel proud of myself!!!
Back to top Go down
Guruchick
Guruchick

Female
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Does your personality change ?   Does your personality change ? EmptyTue 27 Sep 2011, 7:57 am

D'Girlz wrote:
Yep - I am no longer a doormat!!!!

Awesome!

Does your personality change ? 446871 Does your personality change ? 446871
Back to top Go down
sassysmum
Part of the furniture
sassysmum

Female
Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Does your personality change ?   Does your personality change ? EmptyTue 27 Sep 2011, 6:05 am

What changed? I like myself now and am enjoying life a great deal more. I feel more centered, stiller on the inside. It's good.
Didn't change my personality, just helped me to be more of me.
cheers
sassysmum
Back to top Go down
NoLongerA"Wanttobe"
NoLongerA

Female
Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2011-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Does your personality change ?   Does your personality change ? EmptyMon 26 Sep 2011, 12:29 pm

Wow - I'm surprised ! Thanks for the replies.... certainly a bit of a revelation. Although quiet and shy-ish, I am a confident person in most situations - certainly in my workplace and in the home. Seems really good things WILL come from having this done. Side benefits to the healthier self.

Shelly - I'm sure that transformation will happen. I've been a tom-boy all my life. I have always loathed dresses - far more comfortable in shorts and pants, but I can easily see that once I get a shape, I will take more pride in how I look, and may even start wearing dresses / skirts .

Skinnygreyhound - actually, the postponement was my doing - first, my BP has been far too high, and second, I got the case of the jitters, and third, my DH was second guessing my decision. I'll be booking in my "definite" date at my next appt. But yes, it's frustrating nevertheless.

Cheers,
W2B :)
Back to top Go down
D'Girlz
Top Poster
Top Poster
D'Girlz

Female
Number of posts : 1749
Registration date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Does your personality change ?   Does your personality change ? EmptyMon 26 Sep 2011, 11:32 am

Yep - I am no longer a doormat!!!!
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Does your personality change ?   Does your personality change ? EmptyMon 26 Sep 2011, 11:17 am

I think i am still the same person on the inside.I do feel more confident as in dressing wise now-I love wearing nice clothes and do take more pride in myself but Im still me!

shelly

Does your personality change ? 63412 Does your personality change ? 120705 Does your personality change ? 281976 Does your personality change ? 679787
Back to top Go down
skinnygreyhound
Part of the furniture
skinnygreyhound

Female
Number of posts : 969
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Does your personality change ?   Does your personality change ? EmptyMon 26 Sep 2011, 9:04 am

I don't think it is so much a personality change as the real you appearing from behind the fat blanket that you carry around- well I certainly am appearing form behind mine I don't have any desire to prance around in the nuddy! or become prime minister! I just feel that I am worthy enough to claim my place in the world and not cover up who I really am. SOme of it is scary I don't actually like being visible to men, or attracting the attention of random people like shop assistants or petrol station forecourt attendants! I am happy to be a regular everyday person but if something needs saying I will say it now!
Good luck on your journey- my op was postponed twice so I understand a bit what that is like
many blessings to youxxx
Back to top Go down
Bev
Part of the furniture
Bev

Female
Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2011-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Does your personality change ?   Does your personality change ? EmptyMon 26 Sep 2011, 8:59 am

I think - yes a little. I have lost 25 - 30 kg twice before in the last 6 years and the slimmer I got the better I looked and the more confident and involved in life I became. I don't think it is a personality change just that you are not afaid of showing your true self.
Bev
Back to top Go down
NutMeg
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Does your personality change ?   Does your personality change ? EmptyMon 26 Sep 2011, 8:25 am

Yup. Went from bitch to TOTAL bitch.

LOL Just jokes. Nope, have always been pretty outgoing, maybe just a tad more confident now :)
Back to top Go down
NoLongerA"Wanttobe"
NoLongerA

Female
Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2011-08-17

PostSubject: Does your personality change ?   Does your personality change ? EmptyMon 26 Sep 2011, 8:19 am

My mother seems to think that once I lose my excess weight, I'll go from a relatively shy, laid-back type to the most gregarious, "life-of-the-party" types around. I think I need to remind her that it's a partial stomach removal, not a personality transplant.

Even back in my non-overweight days (ie pre-children), I was still very shy, and didn't like drawing attention to myself.

So, I guess my question is, has that actually happened to anyone ? Did you find your personality changed with the loss of weight ?

Thanks in advance.

W2B :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does your personality change ?   Does your personality change ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does your personality change ?
Page 1 of 1