SloJo
Part of the furniture
SloJo

Female
Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2011-05-23

Bath/Swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bath/Swim   Bath/Swim EmptyMon 26 Sep 2011, 2:13 am

Oh bugger. I will be looking forward to having a dip in our pool once we return home (about 4 weeks after surgery). But if my surgeon advises not to, I will just have to wait a further couple of weeks Bath/Swim 68366 It'll prob be in mid-40's by then temp-wise. I think I better start writing a list of specific questions I need to ask him after the op!!! This will be on top of my list.
Back to top Go down
0denica
0denica

Female
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Bath/Swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bath/Swim   Bath/Swim EmptySun 25 Sep 2011, 4:57 pm

Thanks!! I might just stick to showers for a few months I don't wanna risk anything

And my recovery is going very smooth, minus the tummy rumbles that warn me I'm close to needing to use the loo, oh the feeling is so bad, but I've had it a couple of times before my op so I know it's nothing major, but a week of my tummy hating me,no solid foods means no solid p** other than that I've lost 7.9kgs and am jumping for joy!!! In only 5 days !!! Yay
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

Bath/Swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bath/Swim   Bath/Swim EmptyFri 23 Sep 2011, 4:08 pm

I'm not sure about a bath but my Doctor told me not to go swimming for 6 weeks. It's got something to do with the wound sites swelling even though they have healed over. Probably a good idea to check with your surgeon as they all seem to have different guidelines to follow.
Back to top Go down
Margi
Margi

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-09-22

Bath/Swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bath/Swim   Bath/Swim EmptyFri 23 Sep 2011, 2:28 pm

Hi Denica, As with all surgery you will have to wait for the wounds to heal. Public pools will be a no go for a while. I also think a long soak in the tub might be out unless your wounds are well waterproofed. Wait until you see Leon at your follow up or call his Office and ask. Sorry I can't be of more help, but you are right, a nice long soak is lovely, I go to a hydro therapy pool and LOVE it. Otherwise how are you going after your op? Margi.

Bath/Swim 289141
Back to top Go down
0denica
0denica

Female
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Bath/Swim Empty
PostSubject: Bath/Swim   Bath/Swim EmptyFri 23 Sep 2011, 11:25 am

Hi all,
How long do I have to wait after sleeve op before I can get into a bath? I'm sore and I feel so cold. I just want to relax in a nice warm bath but I'm a bit worried about having to get down so close to the ground.

The other option was to hop in the pool, not for warmth, but for the comfort of less stress on my body

Thanks in advance
Denica.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bath/Swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bath/Swim   Bath/Swim Empty

Back to top Go down

Bath/Swim
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: