44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jenster

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-08-29

Recommended Perth WA Surgeons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Recommended Perth WA Surgeons   Recommended Perth WA Surgeons - Page 3 EmptyMon 19 Sep 2011, 9:32 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi All, Can anyone recommend any Perth Gastric Sleeve surgeons and can you tell me the approx price you paid.

Thanks
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Bella77
Part of the furniture

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Perth WA Surgeons   Recommended Perth WA Surgeons - Page 3 EmptyTue 20 Sep 2011, 9:14 am

My surgeon is Dr Armstrong and I cant recommend him enough. I have never had a prob with Penny, so like someone suggested...maybe she was away...or having a bad day...we all have them. Either way dont let that stop you from seeing him. He is renowned as one of WAs top bariatric surgeons. I have had a band in and out with him and was booked last year for sleeve but had to postpone and am now in a position to go ahead with it again.

I have moved further south so was going to change dr's but that was a fleeting thought because I wouldnt trust anyone else to do it. He's a great surgeon, very thorough, has a fantastic track record (last time I had seen him he had never had a leak with a pt), he spends as much time with you as you need, time for an appt isnt that long and time from first appt to op normally isnt long either (I was told last week that at the moment they are booking for end of OCT...so thats not a long wait. Last year when I was booked in I got a op date only 2 weeks away) and most of all he is a really nice guy...actually listens and does "get it".

I would recommend him 200%. Im sure everyone loves their Dr and thinks there is the best tho. LOL.
Back to top Go down
alaskybarney
alaskybarney

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2011-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Perth WA Surgeons   Recommended Perth WA Surgeons - Page 3 EmptyTue 20 Sep 2011, 6:41 am

I contacted Dr Armstrong about 2 weeks ago and have to wait till 4th October, he has just got back from leave/or was due back from leave so I've been told. (maybe the receptionist as well had a break)

In terms of the receptionist I spoke to, yes she was rude but I can live with a rude receptionist, its the surgeon I'm looking at. (But based on her name I guessed she wasn't his normal one).

Thanks

Louise
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Perth WA Surgeons   Recommended Perth WA Surgeons - Page 3 EmptyTue 20 Sep 2011, 5:01 am

hi jenster,

dont let a muddled phone call effect your decision. they are a great team. goodluck
Back to top Go down
smeggles
smeggles

Female
Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2011-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Perth WA Surgeons   Recommended Perth WA Surgeons - Page 3 EmptyMon 19 Sep 2011, 4:07 pm

i can recommend Dr Epari PArtner of dr Thomas at Murdoch. Excellent doc... easy to chat with and great team.... Out of pocket gap fee is $3000 then you have sleep doc and assist fees but they are also claimable on health fund. So maybe all up after additional fees and apptmt fees etc.. around $4000... or so.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
Kylieh
Kylieh

Female
Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2011-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Perth WA Surgeons   Recommended Perth WA Surgeons - Page 3 EmptyMon 19 Sep 2011, 3:06 pm

Little Miss Cee,
I'm thinking maybe the anaesthetist....
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Perth WA Surgeons   Recommended Perth WA Surgeons - Page 3 EmptyMon 19 Sep 2011, 2:44 pm

Dr wirepitiya was my surgeon. Highly recommend him.
All up Inc every appt, booking fee etc. After Medicare & hbf I was out of pocket approx $1000.
Whats a sleep doctor?
Back to top Go down
joshuasmum

Female
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2011-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Perth WA Surgeons   Recommended Perth WA Surgeons - Page 3 EmptyMon 19 Sep 2011, 11:36 am

Jenstar - Penny who is Dr Armstorng's normal receptionist is on holidays and the lady that is replacing her is nowhere as nice as her. I'd call again as you shouldn't let the receptionist put you off - after all she is not the surgeon!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Perth WA Surgeons   Recommended Perth WA Surgeons - Page 3 EmptyMon 19 Sep 2011, 11:29 am

Strange, I've never had an issue with Penny.

She emailed me the info. From first contact to sleeve was about 25 days.

I'd really try again.
Back to top Go down
Jenster

Female

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Perth WA Surgeons   Recommended Perth WA Surgeons - Page 3 EmptyMon 19 Sep 2011, 11:25 am

I rang Dr Armstrongs office today and i have to say the lady on the phone was quite rude.Nicely, I said i had a referal, im from Port Hedland and i wanted to ask some questions. She said that she'll send me a pack to read and if im interested to call back. I replied, im interested, i've done my research, checked out their website and again, i have my referal and have a few questions. She cut me off, asked me my address and said to call back when im interested..... Aaah HELLO!!!!

I then rang Dr Wera.... (long complicated name) from bunbury, his receptionist was great. Told me when i could expect an apt, and that its about $1400 out of pocket exp for the surgeon plus the sleep dr and the nutritionist, in total no more than $3k out of pocket exp. Only problem is travel and accom to/in bunbury. I was really hoping to stay in perth. Plus Dr Wera can't operate till the new year and i was hoping from something this year.

Money is a bit of a problem but i really need something done.

Any other Perth Surgeons???
Back to top Go down
Smurfette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Smurfette

Female
Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Perth WA Surgeons   Recommended Perth WA Surgeons - Page 3 EmptyMon 19 Sep 2011, 10:58 am

Yah for Jon Armstrong; it is $4800 less Medicare Rebate (hardly anything) plus Dietican Costs (Less PHI rebates or Health Plan Medicare Rebates) plus Sleep Doctor $750 Gap Fee only I paid. I was surprized that the follow up appointment was actually less than the Medicare Schedule fee so I get a full refund. Yah for Jon. Great man, great bedside manner and he doesn't look down his nose at you like some doctors do.; an dnot to forget.. great dietican and great receptionist.
Back to top Go down
Jacko84
Part of the furniture
Jacko84

Male
Number of posts : 694
Registration date : 2011-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Perth WA Surgeons   Recommended Perth WA Surgeons - Page 3 EmptyMon 19 Sep 2011, 10:15 am

ABSOLUTELY MUST CHECK OUT DR ALAN THOMAS
Back to top Go down
joshuasmum

Female
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2011-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Perth WA Surgeons   Recommended Perth WA Surgeons - Page 3 EmptyMon 19 Sep 2011, 9:44 am

another vote for Mr Jon Armstrong!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Perth WA Surgeons   Recommended Perth WA Surgeons - Page 3 EmptyMon 19 Sep 2011, 9:39 am

Mr Jon Armstrong, awesome guy.

$4800 plus dietician costs.
Back to top Go down
Jenster

Female

PostSubject: Recommended Perth WA Surgeons   Recommended Perth WA Surgeons - Page 3 EmptyMon 19 Sep 2011, 9:32 am

Hi All, Can anyone recommend any Perth Gastric Sleeve surgeons and can you tell me the approx price you paid.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Perth WA Surgeons   Recommended Perth WA Surgeons - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Recommended Perth WA Surgeons
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3