Micksta
18 posters
AuthorMessage
Micksta

Male
Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2011-09-15

New Guy - Surgery booked in Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guy - Surgery booked in   New Guy - Surgery booked in EmptyFri 23 Sep 2011, 12:02 am

thanks Christa for the welcome. Everyone is very friendly on here and i am getting so much info. its great

Hi Pia, welcome to you too. I am getting more nervous as the day comes. Then i will have days of total excitiment thinking about being a 'normal' size one day and getting my blood pressure down... you are so close now...Oct 3. wow. i look forward to your updates

Mick
Back to top Go down
Hannah
Part of the furniture
Hannah

Female
Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: New Guy - Surgery booked in   New Guy - Surgery booked in EmptyWed 21 Sep 2011, 9:53 pm

Hi Mick

Welcome and all the best for your journey. Not long now. You will love your sleeve.
Looking forward to your updates.

Christa
Back to top Go down
sharkgirl
sharkgirl

Female
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2011-09-19

PostSubject: Re: New Guy - Surgery booked in   New Guy - Surgery booked in EmptyWed 21 Sep 2011, 1:15 pm

Hi Mick,
I'm new here too. I get sleeved on Oct 3 and am very nervous but ultimately happy :)
Look forward to reading your diary.

Pia
Back to top Go down
Micksta

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Guy - Surgery booked in   New Guy - Surgery booked in EmptyWed 21 Sep 2011, 12:44 am

thanks everyone for the comments and welcome.

Less than a month to go and every day i go from very excited about a new life ahead to packing death about the operation. I know deep down i am making the right choice.

hi Kerrie and Michelle, i found Dr Taylor so calm and relaxed and he put me at ease. I have full confidence in him. i have only heard nice things about him and no complaints from anyone he has worked on. I look forward to hearing about how you both go.

I plan on starting a diary and even updating from my hospital bed if i can manage that.. :)

Thanks to all those long term sleevers. I have found reading your diaries invaluable. I am making my way through as many as i can...

thanks again to everyone for the welcome.

have a great day

Mick
Back to top Go down
Sholley
Part of the furniture
Sholley

Female
Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2011-07-10

PostSubject: Re: New Guy - Surgery booked in   New Guy - Surgery booked in EmptySun 18 Sep 2011, 9:17 pm

Hi Mick,

Good luck with everything... you too Sabear. I'm booked in with Dr Taylor at Concord on the 30th November so looks like he's one busy guy... comes so highly recommended it's no wonder!

I think we've all got lots of questions and stuff to think about...hence me being awake at 4.30am this morning... and I still have 10 weeks 'til surgery!!

Again, good luck guys and since finding this site, I've read so much, learnt so much and feel comfortable enough to ask if there's anything I can't find answers too...

Cheers

Michelle
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: New Guy - Surgery booked in   New Guy - Surgery booked in EmptySun 18 Sep 2011, 9:06 pm

Hi Mick and welcome

Wishing you all the best with your surgery.

New Guy - Surgery booked in 217555 New Guy - Surgery booked in 217555
Back to top Go down
uncleluck
Part of the furniture
uncleluck

Male
Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2010-04-17

PostSubject: Re: New Guy - Surgery booked in   New Guy - Surgery booked in EmptySun 18 Sep 2011, 3:24 pm

Hi Mick and welcome.
Good luck with your surgery.
Back to top Go down
serenity08
serenity08

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-09-17

PostSubject: I know how you feel!   New Guy - Surgery booked in EmptySun 18 Sep 2011, 10:38 am

Hi Mick,

I read your post. I am new on here too. I can really relate to how you feel. I saw Dr Taylor myself only on Friday. He was wonderful. Very kind and caring. He recommened the sleeve to me and I am booked in for Monday 31st October at the Mater.

I am really nervous and am terrified of surgery, but like you, I think the benefits of the surgery outweigh the risks.

I have been miserable about my weight for years now, so it's time to do something.

I have read so much about the sleeve and spoken to alot of people about Dr Taylor and they all rave about him.

Good luck with your surgery. I wish you all the best.

Kerrie
Back to top Go down
Eringirl
Part of the furniture
Eringirl

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: New Guy - Surgery booked in   New Guy - Surgery booked in EmptySat 17 Sep 2011, 9:26 pm

greetings Mick and warm welcome to the forum. Hope your journey goes smoothly for you.

Erin
Back to top Go down
sabear
sabear

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-06-02

PostSubject: Re: New Guy - Surgery booked in   New Guy - Surgery booked in EmptySat 17 Sep 2011, 1:53 pm

Heyyy Mick,

Welcome aboard! Dr Taylor is my surgeon also and I must say I couldnt have asked for anyone better. Im getting sleeved in 3 days (woo hoo) at Concord Hospital so fingers crossed it all goes well. I wish you well with your operation and remember there is so much support on this site its unbelievable. Take care and good luck =)
Back to top Go down
Bella77
Part of the furniture
Bella77

Female
Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: New Guy - Surgery booked in   New Guy - Surgery booked in EmptyFri 16 Sep 2011, 3:54 pm

Hi and welcome to the site, you've certainly come to the right place for information and advice first hand from the people that have gone through it. Keep us informed of how you go.
Back to top Go down
Emma1989
Part of the furniture
Emma1989

Female
Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2011-06-15

PostSubject: Re: New Guy - Surgery booked in   New Guy - Surgery booked in EmptyFri 16 Sep 2011, 3:45 am

Hi Mick, welcome to the forum and congrats on setting a date for your sleeve!
Back to top Go down
Micksta

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Guy - Surgery booked in   New Guy - Surgery booked in EmptyFri 16 Sep 2011, 12:51 am

Thanks all....

I have been reading people's diaries and it makes me know that i am doing the right thing for my health. Some of your stories are amazing.

Will try and do my own diary as i get closer to the day... 1 month tomorrow! :)

to all those who have not been well... i wish you all a speedy recovery.

take care

Mick
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: New Guy - Surgery booked in   New Guy - Surgery booked in EmptyThu 15 Sep 2011, 1:45 pm

Hi Mick and welcome to the forum. There is so much information here and friendly people. I was sleeved by Craig Taylor in The Mater almost 4 weeks ago. The staff is wonderful. I can't speak highly enough of them. The same goes for Dr Taylor. One of the things that really sticks in my memory from my initial consult with him is the way he talks about the operation and the post op care you can tell he really cares about what he does and his patients. Congratulations on getting a date and with a great surgeon too. Look forward to reading all about your recovery. Good Luck.
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: New Guy - Surgery booked in   New Guy - Surgery booked in EmptyThu 15 Sep 2011, 1:13 pm

Hi Mick, welcome to the forum & congrats on your surgery date!
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: Re: New Guy - Surgery booked in   New Guy - Surgery booked in EmptyThu 15 Sep 2011, 10:34 am

Congrats Mick and welcome to the forum! :)
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: New Guy - Surgery booked in   New Guy - Surgery booked in EmptyThu 15 Sep 2011, 8:30 am

Hi Mick and welcome.

Good luck with your surgery and journey.

New Guy - Surgery booked in 217555 New Guy - Surgery booked in 217555
Back to top Go down
foober

Female
Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2011-07-31

PostSubject: Re: New Guy - Surgery booked in   New Guy - Surgery booked in EmptyThu 15 Sep 2011, 7:55 am

Hi Mick and congrats

Dont forget to join the monthly sleevers group !
Back to top Go down
Jacko84
Part of the furniture
Jacko84

Male
Number of posts : 694
Registration date : 2011-02-14

PostSubject: Re: New Guy - Surgery booked in   New Guy - Surgery booked in EmptyThu 15 Sep 2011, 4:07 am

Hi Mick,

Any Questions just ask, hope all goes well, check out my diary if you want, not alot of guys on here so keep in touch.

Regards Luke

http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/t6171-biggest-guy-here
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: New Guy - Surgery booked in   New Guy - Surgery booked in EmptyThu 15 Sep 2011, 3:11 am

Mater Private is an awesome hospital. Just spent over a week in there after a skiing accident. You'll love it - although even though the food is good, you won't be eating that of course.

Last edited by Caz on Thu 15 Sep 2011, 4:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
retta83
retta83

Female
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2011-03-10

PostSubject: Re: New Guy - Surgery booked in   New Guy - Surgery booked in EmptyThu 15 Sep 2011, 2:57 am

hey mick

welcome there is alot on this site to look at have found it very useful to see all different sides of a sleeve and story of people

cheers loretta
Back to top Go down
Micksta

Male

PostSubject: New Guy - Surgery booked in   New Guy - Surgery booked in EmptyThu 15 Sep 2011, 2:43 am

Hi All,

I thought i would say hi...

Just joined today, i have a need to soak in as much info, tips, advice and stories as i can before my sleeve surgery.

Been big most of my life and in the past 12 months have started showing signs of the bad things about obesity.

I am excited and nervous about the procedure which is booked in for October 17th at the Mater Private with Dr Craig Taylor.

Have an appointment with psycologist and dietician on the 26th of this month and i am ready for my shakes!!

Feeling very nervous, though when i think of what WILL happen if i do nothing, i know i am doing the right thing.

i look forward to the next stage of my life with so much positivity.

all the best and thanks for listening

Mick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Guy - Surgery booked in   New Guy - Surgery booked in Empty

Back to top Go down

New Guy - Surgery booked in
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: