AuthorMessage
Emma1989
Part of the furniture
Emma1989

Female
Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2011-06-15

A new lease on life Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new lease on life   A new lease on life EmptyMon 12 Sep 2011, 12:07 pm

Congratulations of setting a date for your sleeve!! So jealous!

Best of luck with opti!

Emma :)
Back to top Go down
cartay
Part of the furniture
cartay

Female
Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: A new lease on life   A new lease on life EmptyMon 12 Sep 2011, 11:59 am

Congrats on getting a date ... your big day will be here before you know it!

Cop out or not, there isn't a chance in hell I would have lost as much weight as I have without a sleeve, and I know there's plenty of others who would back me up on that sentiment. At the end of the day I'm healthier and happier than ever - I can live with the fact that I didn't do it the 'hard way'! You wouldn't think twice about having surgery for any other medical condition, and that's really what this comes down to. Embrace your choice and love the results!!
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: A new lease on life   A new lease on life EmptyMon 12 Sep 2011, 11:04 am

Congratulations on getting your sleeve date. I don't think that there is one person on here that has been sleeved that hasn't freaked out. It's only natural. But in the end we all come to the same conclusion. It's for a better life.
Back to top Go down
embelly
embelly

Female
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2011-07-28

PostSubject: Re: A new lease on life   A new lease on life EmptyMon 12 Sep 2011, 10:47 am

Thanks for all the support! Truly the people here amaze me!!

I kind of know its not a cop out - I'm freaking out a little bit at the moment. Its a big decision, but the right one.

And, the best news of all is that I got my sleeve date (that's the first time I've said it and it feels good!) on October 6. YAY!!! So opti to start immediately, and from here its only onwards and upwards... actually for my weight its the reverse! hehe
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: A new lease on life   A new lease on life EmptyFri 09 Sep 2011, 10:51 am

Welcome to the forum! Don't think having surgery is a cop out - it's not... It's another weight loss option :)

Good luck :)
Back to top Go down
Mollies Ma

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: A new lease on life   A new lease on life EmptyThu 08 Sep 2011, 11:32 am

Hello

Im pretty new here too - but always happy to chat lol

Congrats on making that first very big step - ask questions of your Doctor and ask here too - lots of the girls can answer some of the niggly ones and most of all - chillax and remember its all about YOU!
Back to top Go down
cartay
Part of the furniture
cartay

Female
Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: A new lease on life   A new lease on life EmptyThu 08 Sep 2011, 10:31 am

Welcome to the site! This is certainly a place of overwhelming support and kindness, and I'm glad you've found your way here to share your story too. This journey can be exciting, stressful, daunting, wonderful, scary ... and so much more ... and the support from others who've been there too is more precious than gold.

16 months ago I was struggling up those darn hills, but today I'm happier and healthier than I could have imagined was possible. Embrace the journey and celebrate each and every step of the way!

All the best.
Back to top Go down
Kylieh
Kylieh

Female
Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2011-09-04

PostSubject: Re: A new lease on life   A new lease on life EmptyWed 07 Sep 2011, 2:51 pm

Welcome! I am a newbie, too and your thoughts are so close to mine that they could actually BE mine. Good luck with your appt. Dont you just wish you could get it done right now? I know I do...

Cheers,

Kylie
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: A new lease on life   A new lease on life EmptyWed 07 Sep 2011, 2:38 pm

Welcome!

Everyone understands where you are coming from in here. It is definitely the best place to come for unconditional support.

Hello
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: A new lease on life   A new lease on life EmptyWed 07 Sep 2011, 12:27 pm

Hi Em and welcome

Good luck with your journey.

The sleeve is a brillant tool and you are going to love it.

A new lease on life 217555 A new lease on life 217555
Back to top Go down
embelly
embelly

Female

PostSubject: Re: A new lease on life   A new lease on life EmptyWed 07 Sep 2011, 12:21 pm

Thanks Everyone!

Have to say I'm feeling nervous, yet excited. And, as I started the opti diet already (hoping the surgeon will operate sooner?!?!) I'm hungry and all I can think of is food and the sleeve. Hahaha, oh well, it has to get better!

Thanks for the support!

Em
Back to top Go down
D'Girlz
Top Poster
Top Poster
D'Girlz

Female
Number of posts : 1749
Registration date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: A new lease on life   A new lease on life EmptyWed 07 Sep 2011, 12:15 pm

Welcome embelly!!!

Enjoy the site and the fantastic members on here. I look forward to following your journey.
Back to top Go down
jessied
Part of the furniture
jessied

Female
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2011-02-12

PostSubject: Re: A new lease on life   A new lease on life EmptyWed 07 Sep 2011, 12:04 pm

Hi embelly

Welcome to the site. Congratulations on your decision to investigate the sleeve.

I am booked to be sleeved on the 15th December with DR Steve Leibman at North Shore Private. Good luck with your journey.

Jessied
Back to top Go down
Eringirl
Part of the furniture
Eringirl

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: A new lease on life   A new lease on life EmptyWed 07 Sep 2011, 11:58 am

hi there embelly

welcome to this awesome place of support and knowledge. congrats with your decision and best of luck with what is the beginning of a new journey

Erin
Back to top Go down
embelly
embelly

Female

PostSubject: A new lease on life   A new lease on life EmptyWed 07 Sep 2011, 11:19 am

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading through so many posts on this site, and can I just say that the sense of community and support is outstanding. So many people who don't know each other, yet are there to provide answers to so many personal questions, and provide emotional support! So after reading many threads I thought I'd introduce myself.

I've had my first appointment with the dietician and nurse at North Shore Weight Loss Surgery, and seeing Dr Leibman next week. Hopefully he gives me the green light for the surgery. His information night was great, certainly helped in making my decision.

Im 32, and having been single for a number of years, and feeling pretty awful about how I look and how much I'm missing in life, I think this is the best thing for me. I had to catch a plane the other day for work, and felt so awful for the poor guy sitting next to me as the arm rest kept lifting up because of my bulk. And that's just embarrassing! And then on the flight back to Sydney on my way home, I was in one of those chairs where the table comes out of the seat on the side. My meal sat at a very very precarious angle the whole way, and I could see the 'concern' from the girl next to me, as no doubt she thought my meal was going to end up in her lap!

Not to mention walking up stairs gets me breathless and red in the face, and everytime i do anything slightly healthy I almost have a cardiac arrest. Well that's an exaggeration, but I certainly don't feel healthy and fit. Right now, I'd say my fitness is at a 1 out of 20.

So, this is my new start. I've decided not to tell any of my friends about it, as I don't want their judgement. I know they'd support me anyway, but I do feel a bit of a failure that I have to resort to surgery when I think I should be able to do this through diet and exercise. Yet, I have tried every diet under the sun.... Weight Watchers, Sureslim, Lite n Easy, Tony Ferguson, Atkins etc etc etc. And even had a gastric balloon inserted for 12 months. Every success was followed by a failure. And with my BMI now at 47, I've got to make some serious change. And I'm excited by it!

So, here's to a new lease on life, and time to really enjoy it!

Thanks for listening.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new lease on life   A new lease on life Empty

Back to top Go down

A new lease on life
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: