AuthorMessage
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Just Wanted to say Thank You! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Wanted to say Thank You!   Just Wanted to say Thank You! EmptyWed 07 Sep 2011, 10:47 am

Hi Michelle,

Welcome to the forum & congratulations on choosing the sleeve. Good luck with your appt next week :)
Back to top Go down
foober

Female
Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2011-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Just Wanted to say Thank You!   Just Wanted to say Thank You! EmptyWed 07 Sep 2011, 12:37 am

Hi Michelle

Goodluck with your appt . The Dr's I see both said that for those who are really over weight we are basically genetically wired (hormones etc) to hang on to weight when we try to diet. The more we try to lose weight the more our hormones work to make us feel hungry and there in is the vicious circle. You would have to be super, super, super determined to lose weight to get resist the hunger factor,some do but most dont.

It was so lovely to have someone to outline this and take away the "guilt" of trying and failing to lose weight.

I left my appt feeling guilt free and confident that I had made the right decision to have the surgery I hope you have the same experience
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Just Wanted to say Thank You!   Just Wanted to say Thank You! EmptyTue 06 Sep 2011, 10:47 pm

Good luck on your appointment and congratulations on choosing this life changing surgery. You won't know yourself!
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Just Wanted to say Thank You!   Just Wanted to say Thank You! EmptyTue 06 Sep 2011, 10:08 pm

Hi Michelle and your welcome.

I actually just read your post in the thread, "why you have decided on weight loss surgery".

OMG it bought me to years, "I just want to be normal"!!
It bought memories flooding back.

I myself, had been morbidly obese all my adult life (40 years) and for the first time in my life I can now say I am normal. I am loving life, OMG its the little things like being able to cross you legs while sitting in the sit of the plane, jumping up off the lounge, getting off the floor, doing up your shoelaces and breathing at the same time!!! The list is endless.

You are going to love the sleeve, and yes it can be hard work for some, but I had a pretty easy journey. Everything becomes second nature with time.

I have a huge gall bladder scar from surgery in 1985.
It caused no problems what so ever with sleeve surgery, I also had a rather large hiatus hernia that the surgeon repaired before he sleeved me. Neither of these affected my recovery and eating in any way.

I also found this forum before I have my initial appointments and was so well informed before my surgery. I had never heard of the sleeve until I went to the seminar, actually went to find out about banding at my GP's request, not that I ever thought I would get it. OMG the surgeon for the first time at a seminar spoke about the sleeve. I knew when I walked out of there that night I would get the sleeve.

Good luck with your initial appointments and journey.

Cheers Jan

Just Wanted to say Thank You! 217555 Just Wanted to say Thank You! 217555

Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Just Wanted to say Thank You!   Just Wanted to say Thank You! EmptyTue 06 Sep 2011, 9:59 pm

Hi Michelle

Welcome, and I'm glad that you're finding the forum a useful one. I always have, too.

Good luck on the 15th, and 'keep us posted'!
Back to top Go down
Sholley
Part of the furniture
Sholley

Female
Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2011-07-10

PostSubject: Just Wanted to say Thank You!   Just Wanted to say Thank You! EmptyTue 06 Sep 2011, 9:52 pm

Hi Everyone!!

I have spent the past week or so learning about sleeving on this forum... The pros, the cons, the ups and downs, the benefits, the health risks, the joys of success, the joys of success even after complications...

I think I will be one of the most informed patients when I have my first appointment with Dr Taylor next week.

I just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone that has shared their opinions, experiences and knowledge. This is a huge deal to anyone that is considering surgery and to those that are obese/morbidly obese/super obese, to hear stories about life changing after sleeving, to actually be able to SEE the results, it's like a miracle.

For so long I (and I'm sure many others) have done the dieting, exercise, pills, shakes etc and seen small results ... some more so than others and I think we have ALL experienced the down side when we stop taking the pills/shakes/controlled diet and see the weight pile back on plus a few extra kilos just to make us feel even worse. To know there is an option out there that has the ability to turn our lives around is exciting. Yes it does take work and yes there are sacrifices but haven't we all proven that we're ready to make sacrifices... even though we didn't lose 50kgs on our diets and keep it off for life, we DID try and we DID lose weight but it wasn't sustainable for some.. Sleeving is a lifetime choice and makes sense since the majority of us (I know I have) have battled with weight issues all our lives.

I still have moments where I worry I won't be a suitable candidate for surgery due to major internal scar tissue from a gallbladder operation 25+ years ago... for me, to NOT be able to be sleeved now that I realise how useful a tool it is, would be devastating...

Wish me luck for the 15th!!

After all my ravings... again, thank you so so so very much everyone Just Wanted to say Thank You! 362526

Michelle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Wanted to say Thank You!   Just Wanted to say Thank You! Empty

Back to top Go down

Just Wanted to say Thank You!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: