AuthorMessage
Eringirl
Part of the furniture
Eringirl

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2011-06-05

First trip to the Surgeon next week... Empty
PostSubject: Re: First trip to the Surgeon next week...   First trip to the Surgeon next week... EmptyTue 06 Sep 2011, 11:55 am

gday Ffion

i havnt been one yet so cant comment on the healing time, at this stage i am to be done laparascopically though. good luck with your visit to the surgeon and welcome to this great place.

Erin
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: First trip to the Surgeon next week...   First trip to the Surgeon next week... EmptyTue 06 Sep 2011, 11:24 am

Hi Ffion,

Welcome to the forum :)

I had the sleeve laparascopically & healed pretty well. But everyone heals differently, so you won't really know until you're there.

Good luck :)
Back to top Go down
green stargazer
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2011-03-11

PostSubject: Re: First trip to the Surgeon next week...   First trip to the Surgeon next week... EmptyTue 06 Sep 2011, 3:12 am

Just wanted to say First trip to the Surgeon next week... 355206 and good luck with your meeting next week.

Hopefully someone with experience will be able to answer your questions and I hope the surgery can assist with your grazing/emotional eating. I found that once my ghrelin (hunger monster) was removed, I am more disciplined with my eating ... I feel more like a normal person and can make much better food choices. But you still have to work at it. If you go in thinking that the surgery will fix you, you may be disappointed. The sleeve is a tool .. but a very useful one.
First trip to the Surgeon next week... 89269

So sad to hear about the earthquakes in Christchurch and all of the people affected. Hubby and I spent a number of weeks travelling around NZ for our honeymoon, including Christchurch, and the footage we saw was just devastating. Such destruction and so many beautiful buildings and history lost.

I hope you and your family have been able to come together to help pull each other through. We were thinking of you all ...
Back to top Go down
sassyred
Part of the furniture
sassyred

Female
Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2011-09-01

PostSubject: First trip to the Surgeon next week...   First trip to the Surgeon next week... EmptyTue 06 Sep 2011, 2:52 am

Hello

Hi I'm Ffion from Christchurch, NZ. I've been googling Gastric Sleeve and found my way here. What a great site!

I began thinking about surgical options seriously earlier in the year, and finally brough the subject up with my Husband a few weeks ago. I was delighted that he was really supportive and encouraging, and we made an appointment to see the Surgeon - 13th September 2011.

I've been struggling with my weight for 20 years. In my early 20's I got to 107kgs then down as low as 73kgs.... met my man and happiness set in and I slowly went up, up, up. My highest weight ever was after my Mother passed away in 2008 - 116kgs (at 162cm I had a BMI of 44). I managed to get down to 100kgs which seems to be my default weight (BMI now 38ish).

Turning 40 last year made me realise that I've spent more time overweight than not, and with the awful quakes that we have been experiencing here (which have been so stressful for all, nearly everyone is sporting some 'quake weight'), well, it's made me think: why wait?? I'm pretty social and active, but my thinking is that I'd rather do it now for lifestyle than in 5 years for my health.

I'm discounting the lap band as it doesn't sound successful enough for the investment, and as for the bypass, I'll leave that up to the surgeon but my gut feeling is the sleeve is right for me.

I had a hysterectomy in 2006 which was supposed to be done laparascopically but according to the Surgeon I have "crap tissue" which meant they had to open me up. So I am worried that the same will happen if I have the Sleeve. I would be grateful to hear about recovery times, both laparascopic and being opened up. Also on my mind is the inevitable, what if it doesn't work for me? Also, being an emotional eater, can you just graze your way out of success?

Thanks for all the postings which have been so informative!

Ffion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First trip to the Surgeon next week...   First trip to the Surgeon next week... Empty

Back to top Go down

First trip to the Surgeon next week...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: