suziee
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Letmeout

Female
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-02-15

Weight not moving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight not moving   Weight not moving EmptyFri 30 Sep 2011, 12:31 am

Hi. I visited my dietician and surgeon yesterday for the three month check-up (Which I was a few weeks late for!). they are both happy with how I am progressing, but we did deduce that my calorie consumption was too high, for me anyway, and we are dropping it back to between 700-800 as per the leaflets they handed out after surgery, and I forgot about. So yesterday I only got up to 657 cals and lost 0.7kg. Maybe a few down days and the odd up day might keep the body guessing??!
Back to top Go down
CareBear
Part of the furniture
CareBear

Female
Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2011-07-24

Weight not moving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight not moving   Weight not moving EmptyThu 29 Sep 2011, 12:33 pm

Ye - know that feeling - as strange as it seems - I starting shifting after increasing my calories from < 800 a day to between 1000-1200 calories. Some theory that your body retains weight if it perceives it is starving - in survival mode. Takes a while for your metabolism o adjust to new diet. Just relax and take your time - has taken years / decades fir some to accrue the weight - reasonable to expect it will take many months / years to lose - not just days or weeks.
Back to top Go down
fleastar1977

Female
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2011-03-05

Weight not moving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight not moving   Weight not moving EmptyThu 29 Sep 2011, 11:33 am

Hello

i just wanted to say i no how u feel :( ive 3 weeks post sleeve and with my opti stage n post surgery ive lost 23kgs :) its great but now this last week nothing :( im hoping its just my body tryin to catch up with the weight ive lost, but i to want to see the scales moving down.

im pretty much eating the same as u, so hopfully we will both move down on the scales very soon

hugs felisha
Back to top Go down
Letmeout

Female
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-02-15

Weight not moving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight not moving   Weight not moving EmptyMon 05 Sep 2011, 10:19 pm

Hey girls,

I am in the same boat, currently on my third week of going up and down within the same damn kilo!!

I started Curves last week too, and am watching what I am eating...lots of protein and water etc but not much happening.

I know they say its normal to hit a plateau about three-four months, which you and I are at Tash, and I had a plateau at about a month out too. It can be hard to accept, but I still think that in the end we will still get there, just may take a bit longer than others who seem to consistently lose every week.

Stay positive, we are so much better off already, and the comments make it so much more rewarding.
Back to top Go down
aswan
Part of the furniture
aswan

Female
Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2010-11-03

Weight not moving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight not moving   Weight not moving EmptyMon 05 Sep 2011, 9:09 pm

Dietitian told me that peri and post menopausal women lose slower.
Back to top Go down
suziee
suziee

Female
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2011-06-09

Weight not moving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight not moving   Weight not moving EmptyMon 05 Sep 2011, 11:29 am

yes and feels strange when they say something and you say no weight lost since 3 wks ago I fit into jeans i havent worn in a few yrs but i know I have lost weight so they probably should I am happy with sleeve and yes if your not eating huge amounts and exercise a little weigt loss would be very nice reward
Back to top Go down
skinnygreyhound
Part of the furniture
skinnygreyhound

Female
Number of posts : 969
Registration date : 2011-04-16

Weight not moving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight not moving   Weight not moving EmptyMon 05 Sep 2011, 11:16 am

yup i lost 6.5 in first week and then the last kilo and a bit in the next three weeks....i don't get why exercise plus reduced calorific intake and incidental exercise does not equate to more weight loss!
are people commenting on your weight loss? I get lots of comments! and people say blimey how much have you lost....urrrr not a lot! maybe this is a blip ?
Back to top Go down
suziee
suziee

Female

Weight not moving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight not moving   Weight not moving EmptyMon 05 Sep 2011, 11:00 am

Actually been 4 1/2 weeks and lost the 6kg in approx first week and half and nothing since then. I would actually prefer to see it move weekly
Back to top Go down

Weight not moving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight not moving   Weight not moving EmptyMon 05 Sep 2011, 10:54 am

skinnygreyhound wrote:
yup me too- i lost a heap of weight on opti- and since my surgery only 7.8 kilos in 4 weeks
I am exercising a lot, eating very little! I am hoping that it will shift real soon! luckily I have lost centimeters and overall feel ok just a it miffed it isn't 'melting off'!!!

That is nearly 2kg a week, that isn't a small amount!

And, it's going down, not up! I think that is pretty good!
Back to top Go down
skinnygreyhound
Part of the furniture
skinnygreyhound

Female
Number of posts : 969
Registration date : 2011-04-16

Weight not moving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight not moving   Weight not moving EmptyMon 05 Sep 2011, 10:18 am

yup me too- i lost a heap of weight on opti- and since my surgery only 7.8 kilos in 4 weeks
I am exercising a lot, eating very little! I am hoping that it will shift real soon! luckily I have lost centimeters and overall feel ok just a it miffed it isn't 'melting off'!!!
Back to top Go down
Tash
Top Poster
Top Poster
Tash

Female
Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2011-03-30

Weight not moving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight not moving   Weight not moving EmptyMon 05 Sep 2011, 10:06 am

Hi Suziee. I know exactly how you feel. My weight has not shifted much for ages. I seem to be on an extremely long plateau that just goes on and on and on. I went on optislim and went down a few kilos after using it for a few weeks and have not shifted any weight since then. I am not eating a huge amount. Just a normal sleevers diet I think. I am fairly resigned at the moment to the fact that I will probably lose weight ultra slowly from now on. I do wish you all the best with it.
I am seeing my dietician in a few weeks for my 3 month review which is a bit late. So I will ask her then what she thinks I can do about it.
Sorry I don't have any answers for you.
Best of Luck
Tash
Back to top Go down
suziee
suziee

Female

Weight not moving Empty
PostSubject: Weight not moving   Weight not moving EmptyMon 05 Sep 2011, 9:22 am

hi

Not sure what i can do but am getting so frustrated

I had sleeve 3/8 and had lost 10kg on optifast since then i have just managed to loose 6kg
I have started curves /walking
eg of daily intake is
1-2 opti day
yoghurt
scambled egg
and tuna mornay made with skim, and lite cheese 1/4cup
I am drinking well and have had no problems
also might have cruskit with cream cheese
I dont eat everything I have listed in one day,this is just an example of what foods I am eating in one day usally have 3 meals maybe 1 snack

I dont know if I am eating too much or not enough but I am so sad at the moment just need to see scales go down espeically in the first few weeks

Any way just needed to write this down hopefully will be able to look back and think what have i been worried about (I hope)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weight not moving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight not moving   Weight not moving Empty

Back to top Go down

Weight not moving
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: